PDA

View Full Version : help with big bad boss dnd 3.5

samduke
2018-10-16, 06:37 PM
so like the title says, I am looking for help with a big bad boss for dnd 3.5
the group of 6 nearly god likes at level 20, have all the typical roles covered.

now for this boss, I have all the racial stuff, all the spell stuff figured out
but when it comes to melee here is where I am asking for some assist.

I am looking to try to get as many hits in a round as is possible by RAW, I am not concerned about sheer damage.

Presume a full attack round with a 1-20 threat range weapon that has aptitude

Full Attack - counts as 4
Greater Two Weapon fighting - off-hand 2 additional attacks

Maneuvers
Raging Mongoose - Make two extra attacks with each weapon carried (max four extra attacks)
Count this as 4

Dancing Mongoose - Make one extra attack with each weapon (max of two extra attacks).
Count this as 2

Slashing Flurry - use a full attack action with any slashing weapon, gain one additional attack at highest

Haste: may make one extra attack with any weapon held at highest

Roundhouse Kick - score an unarmed critical hit , immediately make an additional unarmed attack

Lightning Maces - roll a threat on an attack , gain an additional attack at the same attack bonus

Time Stands Still - Take full attack action two times

I am at 14 not including roundhouse, lightning maces or time stands still - so with out those are there any other ways to get an additional attack by RAW?

Mike Miller
2018-10-16, 06:41 PM
Without checking those specific maneuvers, keep in mind that manuevers are mostly standard actions and/or incompatible with a regular full attack action.

samduke
2018-10-16, 06:44 PM
Without checking those specific maneuvers, keep in mind that manuevers are mostly standard actions and/or incompatible with a regular full attack action.

checked both they do not claim standard action, just that they do their thing as a swift action, and by raw it works for full round

death390
2018-10-16, 07:16 PM
you only get 1 swift action per round, 1 move action and 1 standard action, or 1 swift action and 1 full-round action.

ExLibrisMortis
2018-10-16, 07:51 PM
With 1-20 threat range and aptitude being given, you only need one feat: Lightning Maces. I mean, unlimited plus two attacks is still unlimited attacks, you know?

Godskook
2018-10-16, 08:07 PM
You're not giving me resource rules for how to build this, so....not sure what I have to work with here:

Warforged - 2 Slams + Bite
Totemist(Girallon Arms) - 4 claws(2 claws unless you sacrifice your main appendages, still 4 if you use Monk+IUS for your main attack)
Rapid Strike + Improved - This grants you iteratives on a "pair" of natural attacks, but you need to be a creature type from a list. Note by RAW that you don't have to take Rapidstrike for each pair, just Improved. It overrides the benefit of Rapid Strike, but doesn't require Rapid Strike for -that- pair. Definitely a RAI violation, but you said RAW, so RAW it is.

At this point, we've got 25 attacks and have spent 2 levels, 6 feats and a race.(2 on warforged, 4 on rapidstrike) and haven't solved the creature type qualification issue. You can get multiple tails or tentacles pretty easily, depending on resources. If you dipped a level of monk, this would stack with Unarmed strikes for 25+4 attacks(+4 more if you allow TWF with Unarmed Strikes) assuming you got the BAB to run it. With Aptitude and a Necklace of Natural Attacks, this would stack with Lightning Maces, Roundhouse Kick, Haste and your choice of Maneuver, too.

samduke
2018-10-16, 08:23 PM
You're not giving me resource rules for how to build this, so....not sure what I have to work with here:

Warforged - 2 Slams + Bite
Totemist(Girallon Arms) - 4 claws(2 claws unless you sacrifice your main appendages, still 4 if you use Monk+IUS for your main attack)
Rapid Strike + Improved - This grants you iteratives on a "pair" of natural attacks, but you need to be a creature type from a list. Note by RAW that you don't have to take Rapidstrike for each pair, just Improved. It overrides the benefit of Rapid Strike, but doesn't require Rapid Strike for -that- pair. Definitely a RAI violation, but you said RAW, so RAW it is.

At this point, we've got 25 attacks and have spent 2 levels, 6 feats and a race.(2 on warforged, 4 on rapidstrike) and haven't solved the creature type qualification issue. You can get multiple tails or tentacles pretty easily, depending on resources. If you dipped a level of monk, this would stack with Unarmed strikes for 25+4 attacks(+4 more if you allow TWF with Unarmed Strikes) assuming you got the BAB to run it. With Aptitude and a Necklace of Natural Attacks, this would stack with Lightning Maces, Roundhouse Kick, Haste and your choice of Maneuver, too.

noted on the extra arms, the unarmed strike from rapid strike is a no even at 25 attacks go because the damage output from weapon is greater, the warforged does not work as it is race and race is set.

noted on the normal actions per round, so reduce that 14 to 12 base (add in the extra 2 arms and that increases the base+ roundhouse maces and repeat full round action
so any other feats or spells that might work for extra attacks?

Efrate
2018-10-17, 02:03 PM
multiheaded template gives a bunch potentially. splitting arrows if you can mix ranged in. there was a to build on the old wotc boards called gun fu that got a number of attacks that had to use scientific notation to track them all I think. look to polymorph or metamorphosis or shapechange into something with a lot. half golems and grafts can give you more and more arms. multiheaded gives you more bites.