PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How does the Magical Enigma feat for Summoners?

Wolfswift
2018-10-17, 01:55 AM
So I'm preparing to start a new game with some friends and making a Synthesist Summoner, focusing on making a monstrous character. So I'm focusing the Eidolon Evolutions fairly hard. This feat seems promising, but I'm not entirely certain how it works for a Summoner(Synthesist or not).

So the relevant parts of the feat for a summoner say "You can treat your class level as being 1 higher for the purpose of calculating the effect of the eidolon evolutions. This impacts only the calculations of your existing powers that are based on class level.

It does not grant you early access to abilities gained at higher levels."

So does this only grant an eidolon the next level's evolution pool? Since it does not grant access to higher level abilities, but that could be in reference to the feat's effects on other sorts of class abilities. I can't figure out if it only affects the evolution pool or if it does anything else in reference to the eidolon's evolutions.

Florian
2018-10-17, 02:29 AM
Itīs basically analogous to anything that would raise the CL of a spell caster by +1. Any evolution that has a level-dependent effect, will be treated as 1 level higher.

Take "Basic Magic" as an example. "At 4th level, this spell can be cast three times per day by spending 2 additional evolution points". Well, you can do that at 3rd level with the feat.

Wolfswift
2018-10-17, 07:25 PM
So it does allow the eidolon to treat it's level as one higher for all purposes involving evolutions?

I was concerned it couldn't do anything since all the evolutions that involve level aren't automaticly gained and so I was afraid it could be interpreted as getting an ability early and thereby the feat might only be able to affect the evolution pool.