PDA

View Full Version : The Oots and Redcloaks agenda

Riftwolf
2018-10-17, 07:12 AM
Up until this point, did the Order know Xykons agenda and Redcloaks aren't the same thing? Since they've barely seen Team Evil since the Battle of Azure City, Durkons new mission could also be vital info on how tenuous Redcloak and Xykons alliance is.

hroşila
2018-10-17, 07:20 AM
I think the Order basically believes the same as Xykon: that the Gates can be warped to control the Snarl. After all, that's what Shojo suggested when he theorized about why Dorukan would have built a self-destruct mechanism into his Gate. So far, they've always seen Redcloak as a mere lackey, though after Haley, Belkar and O-Chul's stay in Gobbotopia and the fight against the elemental at Girard's Rift they respect his personal power a bit more.

Morty
2018-10-17, 07:26 AM
The Order's idea about Redcloak until recently can be summed up by his role in Girard's illusion - he does little of consequence and V takes him out with one spell. Then he just gets tied up and that's that. After he almost killed them with a summoned elemental they know he's much more powerful than that, but Thor's explanation to Durkon seems to be the first inkling they've got that he's got a goal separate from Xykon's.

Of course, so far Thor has avoided telling Durkon what that goal is. One wonders if he will before Durkon comes back.

Goblin_Priest
2018-10-17, 07:30 AM
The Order's idea about Redcloak until recently can be summed up by his role in Girard's illusion - he does little of consequence and V takes him out with one spell. Then he just gets tied up and that's that. After he almost killed them with a summoned elemental they know he's much more powerful than that, but Thor's explanation to Durkon seems to be the first inkling they've got that he's got a goal separate from Xykon's.

Of course, so far Thor has avoided telling Durkon what that goal is. One wonders if he will before Durkon comes back.

Well, he did tell Durkon the gods thought they wanted to move the Snarl to the outer planes to threaten the gods, instead of controlling it, no? What more does he need to say?

Anyone sharp could go "wait, how does that help Xykon?" Pretty safe to assume Xykon doesn't worship the Dark One, I think.

martianmister
2018-10-17, 06:16 PM
Well, he did tell Durkon the gods thought they wanted to move the Snarl to the outer planes to threaten the gods, instead of controlling it, no? What more does he need to say?

Anyone sharp could go "wait, how does that help Xykon?" Pretty safe to assume Xykon doesn't worship the Dark One, I think.

Evil lich working for an evil god wouldn't be unlikely in their eyes, I think.

thereaper
2018-10-17, 11:56 PM
If I were a betting man, I would expect that to come out at the worst possible time.

Durkon: "Redcloak! Xykon! We know all about your plan to move the Snarl to the Outer Planes, and it's not a good idea, because The Dark One doesn't have enough souls yet to survive into the next world!"

Xykon: "To the Outer Planes? Why wasn't I told about this, Reddie?"

Cue Chekhov's Enchantment.

Crisis21
2018-10-18, 12:11 AM
If I were a betting man, I would expect that to come out at the worst possible time.

Durkon: "Redcloak! Xykon! We know all about your plan to move the Snarl to the Outer Planes, and it's not a good idea, because The Dark One doesn't have enough souls yet to survive into the next world!"

Indeed. The biggest problem about parleying with Redcloak is and always has been Xykon.

thereaper
2018-10-18, 02:06 PM
I'm not so sure. I honestly have a difficult time seeing Redcloak ever willingly turn his back on The Plan. But I guess we'll see.

D.One
2018-10-29, 10:12 AM

Now this can bring an interesting situation, because, as far as we know what they know (AFAWKWTK ??), the order might still think Xykon and RC are on the same page about their plan and what they intend to do.

xroads
2018-10-29, 10:58 AM
Indeed. The biggest problem about parleying with Redcloak is and always has been Xykon.

Well that, and the fact that Redcloak :redcloak: doesn't trust any on non-goblinoid. Especially ones he knows are working with the Azure City Paladins. On a whole, the odds are not in Durkon's :durkon: favor.

D.One
2018-10-29, 03:11 PM
Well that, and the fact that Redcloak :redcloak: doesn't trust any on non-goblinoid. Especially ones he knows are working with the Azure City Paladins. On a whole, the odds are not in Durkon's :durkon: favor.

And that's the reason I think it's safer for them to start contact with Sending.