PDA

View Full Version : a quick question

de-trick
2007-09-17, 09:53 PM
I was playing a 4th level half-vampire and I died good thing they cast Reincarnate do i still have a level adjustment, also if I had a 14 chr before to I keep it

ps I got turned into a halfling

RTGoodman
2007-09-17, 09:58 PM
I'm don't know anything about half-vampire, but according to the spell description, "its class, base attack bonus, base save bonuses, and hit points are unchanged." So if you consider LA like a class, then it seems like the LA would stay. Of course, you lose basically everything that gives that LA, so I would almost consider getting rid of it (and if it's a +1 LA, maybe just get rid of it instead of losing a character level).

I do know that you'll get to keep all your mental ability scores, so Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma stay the same.

JackMage666
2007-09-17, 09:59 PM
You lose the level adjustment, yeah... But you also lose all your abilities, and you change your physical stats to match that with a Halfling (based on if you has picked Halfling as your base race - IE, if you rolled a 15 Str, you have a 13 now thanks to the Halfling's -2 Str.)
However, mental stats are unchanged. So, you Cha stays the same.

Also, you basically lose the Level Adjustment and gain nothing. You don't gain a free level for losing it.

At best, you might talk your DM to the loss of LA equal to the loss of character level you'd normally get.