PDA

View Full Version : Help with Hero 6th edition

Baby Gary
2018-10-17, 10:05 PM
Hello all,
I am going to start a campaign in the Hero 6th edition. However I don't know that much about the system and the rulebook is not that clear. Does anyone know of any guides for the basics or can anyone tell me some tips for learning the system? I am playing with 400 character points and 75 complication points. My general idea for a character is a sniper/detective/hitman named Det. Rodger Davis. I am thinking of being hunted by some organization and I had to take on a new identity (which is Det. Rodger Davis). So can anyone help me understand the basics and any specific advise for this character idea?

Thank You
- BabyGary

LibraryOgre
2018-10-18, 08:35 AM
Not much in terms of advice, but when it ends, you should have a character with about 475 points of positive features... plus those 75 points of complications.

As you've written it, the complications you should most be looking at are Hunted, Negative Reputation, and, possibly, Social Complication. You might pull up to 30 points from Hunted, but that can be a bit annoying for everyone else, since they're More Powerful than you (15 points), have a big non-combat influence (+5) and they attack very frequently (+10). You're also going to have a social complication of Secret Identity, which will probably manage you a fair number of points.

For abilities? Consider what powers you want and need. As a sniper detective, I'd say that some degree of enhanced vision would be appropriate, and you might want power-enhanced skills... but there's a lot to be said for making someone who is simply very competent, without a lot of powers. I'm reminded of the TV show "The Sentinel" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQQvmbXckQ)