PDA

View Full Version : Dnd 5e I need help with mystic

Dravis
2018-10-18, 12:08 AM
Hi I want to try to use mystic for the first time
I would really appreciate some help with making a character. I need it to be lvl 3. I'm also quite a new player but the mystic seems very fun. But I have no idea how make a character. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Magzimum
2018-10-18, 02:20 AM
Making a character is D&D is as easy or difficult as you like. But for a first-time player, I would try to keep it simple. However, a Mystic seems a very complicated class to play for a first-timer.

Choose your type of behavior. How do you behave to others? Are you an extrovert bully, or an introvert thinker (or something else)?
How did you become a Mystic?
Talk to the DM for some quick feedback: Will a Mystic fit the storyline? Be open to change it if it really does not fit.

After that, it is time to hit the books. You should read up on the Mystic. I did not know the Mystic class until I read this thread, but I noticed that there are multiple descriptions online: A beta-test version (for play testing) and a more final version. Check with your DM that you both have the same version. Don't worry if you do not know all the details, but make sure you get all the skills and other things that the Mystic can do onto your character sheet.

Dravis
2018-10-18, 07:41 AM
Thank you for the information it is not my first time playing I for I have played a few times. The thing I can't decide is which mystic order I should choose. I want to try the soul knife because that sound really cool but I also want to try one with a lot of abilities.

furby076
2018-10-23, 08:51 PM
I think soul knife is limited, and the most limited of the mystic class. People who want to go melee mystic typically go Order of the Immortal and take disciplines based on combat. Don't go too crazy and diversify and take defensive disciplines as well.

Really, find what you like the most

carrdrivesyou
2018-10-24, 07:33 AM
I have an entire guide built to help you with this class. It's linked in my signature. Please make sure you are using the v3 (latest) version.