PDA

View Full Version : Spell bane

Crow_Nightfeath
2018-10-18, 01:56 AM
So I have a question about the spell bane spell. It says it can suppress an antimagic area within it's radius. What about an effect similar to an antimagic field? Like I know it's home brew but the Tome barbarian has;
Primal Assault (Ex): At 15th level, a Raging Barbarian’s may choose to radiate an effect similar to an antimagic field when he enters a Rage, with a caster level equal to his HD. Unlike a normal antimagic field, this effect does not suppress magic effects on him or the effects of magic items he is wearing or holding.

Could spell bane work on this ability?

Saintheart
2018-10-18, 02:24 AM
So I have a question about the spell bane spell. It says it can suppress an antimagic area within it's radius. What about an effect similar to an antimagic field? Like I know it's home brew but the Tome barbarian has;
Primal Assault (Ex): At 15th level, a Raging Barbarian’s may choose to radiate an effect similar to an antimagic field when he enters a Rage, with a caster level equal to his HD. Unlike a normal antimagic field, this effect does not suppress magic effects on him or the effects of magic items he is wearing or holding.

Could spell bane work on this ability?

I'd say probably not, mainly because it's an (Ex), not a (Sp) ability. (Ex) abilities are explicitly nonmagical.