PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Archer Help

cartejos
2018-10-18, 12:09 PM
I want to play an Arcane Archer who is a Wizard with a Hummingbird Familiar with the Natural Link Substitution Level (+8 Initiative).

My current build looks like Wizard 6/Ruathar 3/Abjurant Champ 1/Arcane Archer 2/Abjurant Champ +4/Full Casting 4

Would there be an easier/quicker way into this? I browsed over a thread I found about +1CL w/ +1 BAB prcs, as well as the general Gish Handbook. I couldn't quite find a way to get Arcane Archer on a primary Wizard without losing a 3rd caster level. It's not a make-or-break point, that third caster level, but I didn't know if there was an easier way into the class.

Help on earlier Qualification, later game feat selection, and ways to pump initiative mundanely, would all be appreciated.

Edit: With 1 Flaw, 1 Trait, and +1 LA Buy-off free (unsure what to put that towards). A secondary Idea that I had was Aggressive (Trait, Init +2), Sorcerer 8/Arcane Archer 2/Caster +10. With 4 feats (Flaw and natural) getting Precise Shot, PBS, and Weapon Focus for AA with 3 of them, and picking up extra familiar somewhere along the way. Using a Hummingbird and Rhamphorynchus familiars for +7 (4+3) initiative. Then a Roaring Gnome Twist Cloth (usable w/o proficiency, but doesn't apply to touch attacks) for +5 Initiative. And using an Elvencraft Longbow With Eager and Warning on the melee parts of them for +7 (5+2). This leaves the build with 9th level spells, and an initiative bonus (so far) of 1D20+21+Dex before spells.