PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #310 - The Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

The Giant
2006-04-26, 10:56 PM
New comic is up. Try not to get this thread locked, people.

Paine
2006-04-26, 10:57 PM
Will save to avoid Feebleminded! Excellent... ;D

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-04-26, 10:58 PM
Nice detail on Celia's hair!

Umbral_Arcanist
Gahhh the double entendres and rules references make my head spin!!!!

Also the dialog seemed..... a i dunno a little off, it was funny, but.... it seemed odd. A little childish maybe or something, am i the only one that felt that way?

esc
Huzzah! Great comic as always Giant! I like her dress, very fashionable. :)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-04-26, 10:59 PM
Oh! Oh, so gushy! :P

spectralphoenix
Flirting with D&D references! Awesome comic!

tomaO2
What does she mean by "fail enough of them and you might end up pinned."?

I dunno, it kind of... sounded creepy to me. Was that a loving remark or a more ominous one?

*EDIT*

Ah, okay it was sexual innuendo. I thought it might have beena warning of some kind.

Alchemistmerlin
*Crys for a lack of the end of the Haley arc*

I knew you'd do this too us :P

I'll take this anyway though. Bravo sir, wonderful as always.

Krimm_Blackleaf
yow, hot

Brianish
Ooh the tension

oogabooga
Wow, Roy is almost unrecognizable with those clothes on.

TinSoldier
2006-04-26, 11:00 PM
That Celia is such a flirt!

tgva8889
And this is why we can't really choose to fail checks...can we?

Nice Dress, and nice grapple checks are going all around, eh? That last frame, that was hilarious. I praise thee, Giant.

Somehow, I don't think I'm allowed to say...

Lloyd
"You better be careful about those grapple checks, Roy... Fail enough of them, and you may end up pinned."

Woot! Looks like if Roy plays his cards right, he could be a very, very happy man later on. Which is cool, because after all of the things he and the party have been through, they all deserve a nice, happy, fun filled night.

Gengy
Pinned from Celia = Grinned from me.

Well done, Giant. I am amused and laughing at the wordplay, and am going back to read it again and again. One of my new favorites.

Roy does indeed clean up nicely, but VA-va-VOOM at Celia.

kamikasei
I'm half-expecting the pun police to step in and put a halt to these shenanigans.

Adorably geeky strip. And hooray for Celia's dress sense - if not so much for Roy's...

Jaxinator
HA! and yet again, great work. Go Roy.

heh Celia is out to get him, those grapple checks can be nasty in a tight corner :P

CabbageTheif
2006-04-26, 11:01 PM
um.......
my significant other and i are both into d&d, and..... uh.......

this is so weird. we flirt this way...... uh.......

get outa my head!

Lilly
2006-04-26, 11:01 PM

I really don't wish to have to explain this...

So I won't ;)

But we will resume fan girl screeching in 3..2..1...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit:
I'm half-expecting the pun police to step in and put a halt to these shenanigans.

Adorably geeky strip. And hooray for Celia's dress sense - if not so much for Roy's...

The pun police are letting this off with a warning since it's so cute and flirty. :P

TheWanderingLlama
2006-04-26, 11:02 PM
Celia's outfit is so awesome. I want hairsticks that color. Now I'm all impatient to find out what's happening with Haley and Elan.

Edited to fix the stupidest typo I've ever made.

JustyUekiTylor
2006-04-26, 11:02 PM
Fail enough and you may end up pinned... Priceless! And as my fiancee would say "Sqee!!!"

Grey Watcher
2006-04-26, 11:03 PM
Celia's outfit is so awesome. I want hairsticks that color. Know I'm all impatient to find out what's happening with Haley and Elan.

Rdjy. ;D

Gurg_Nogog
2006-04-26, 11:04 PM
Excellent comic. I quite enjoy the rules reference jokes. Also, the character development is what makes this comic great!

I don't know what got the 309 thread locked, so I may be asking a dangerous question:
Could someone post (if its legal) the translation of Haley's utterances from #309?

Thank you very much and I apologize in adavance if this steps on someone's toes.

poptartmini
2006-04-26, 11:05 PM
Roy looks like guys from my local renfest. But a nice shirt nonetheless. And Celia does look very pretty

Moebius
2006-04-26, 11:06 PM
For soem reason, Roy in those clothes makes me think 'sitcom dad.'

Allanon
Ahh this was a good one indeed

Ironers
Too funny, too damn funny. The rules flirting makes them seem so relaxed with each other as well. Nice to see things start going Roys' way, he wins the trial, gets sword repaired & enhanced, and now has a woman chasing him but in a good way.

Jothki
2006-04-26, 11:07 PM
Excellent comic. I quite enjoy the rules reference jokes. Also, the character development is what makes this comic great!

I don't know what got the 309 thread locked, so I may be asking a dangerous question:
Could someone post (if its legal) the translation of Haley's utterances from #309?

Thank you very much and I apologize in adavance if this steps on someone's toes.

There's already a thread for Haley translations.

TinSoldier
2006-04-26, 11:08 PM
You know, this is such a sweet episode of the comic, I expect much drama to occur on Friday...

Bitterbadger
2006-04-26, 11:08 PM
Simply Precious.

Almost sickenengly so.

Good times.

PS: I'd ask "why all the innuendo lately?" but then I'd have to kill myself for stupidity.

Shiro_Makoto
2006-04-26, 11:11 PM
1st time poster, I had to say I enjoyed this comic more then usual (which is a surprise cause I absolutely adored it).

My g/f and I laughed pretty hard because this is actually how we talk to each other ^^"

Gary_Howard
2006-04-26, 11:12 PM
That's so sweet! I like the gaming jokes - they're so lighthearted! What a fun date!

RBloom0566
I think the term you're looking for is "Ultra-Geek."
Like we all didn't go through that quasi-sexual game-speak phase when we first started playing as teens, now it resurfaces in our adult-age comics?

Ugh.

Also the dialog seemed..... a i dunno a little off, it was funny, but.... it seemed odd. A little childish maybe or something, am i the only one that felt that way?

Jaxinator

http://www.galactanet.com/comic/268.htm

http://galactanet.com/comic/562.htm

Bob was there too

Vladimir_Valchev
Roy deserves it... after all the pain... after all debates with Elan and Belkar.. after the shock of losing his sword, not defeating Xykon and turning into a woman... he deserves it.

Gurg_Nogog
There's already a thread for Haley translations.

You are absolutely right.

For those of you who, like me, did not think to scroll down and are searching in this thread vainly for Haley's translation from #309:

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=comics;action=display;num=1132355002 ;start=345

Tawkis
Cute...

And I mean that in the "bring a smile to my face way".
Nice to see Roy get some R&R.

highapostle
2006-04-26, 11:13 PM
The inevitable romantic interlude, just before the evil hordes arrive ...

jmaccabeus
Heh. I'm not usually the one for this sort of comic, but it's done well enough that even I enjoyed it. :)

Pop Goes the Weasel
Ooh, sex joke! ;)

Oolong
2006-04-26, 11:14 PM
That is, hands down, the dorkiest conversation I have ever witnessed in any medium or in real life.

Bravo. I think. ???

MalachorWraith
2006-04-26, 11:15 PM
This was absolutely dorktastic and I simultaneously loved and hated it at the same time. I mean as a guy who enjoys both having a cute girlfriend and plays D&D, I dare not say things like this.

Besides, with certain creatures when you fail certain grapple checks you end up swallowed whole. ::)

Sundog
2006-04-26, 11:16 PM
No no, Romance jokes.

And I for one am very glad that this sort of interaction is given some play here. Makes the stick-figures much more real (does that make sense...?)

Fishies
2006-04-26, 11:16 PM
I want to say, "Worst comic ever!"

but it's not.

6079smithw
2006-04-26, 11:18 PM
So, do rules references count as being nerdy when you live in the D&D universe? Somehow, I just can't imagine a world in which people having that conversation aren't geeks.

I would say the comic was more satisfying than funny, but good either way.

TarSheva
2006-04-26, 11:19 PM
Yea!!! Go Celia!

Absolutely loved it Giant! Great use of humor and innuendo without being too graphic or too corny.

Of course, being a little older than many who are responding (apparently) I actually thought of the custom of getting "pinned" by a beau. Which meant wearing his pin and going steady. :-[

Oh well. Both versions work. ;)

Taren
O...M...G

Wow. I don't like "cute" most of the time, but this comic is a rare exception. This was a very clever way of using DnD references, and it's nice to see a bit more of a subtle romantic affair between too characters. Even with the rules jokes, this was a very believeable scene. If Celia didn't have wings, I could easily see both her and Roy as real people.

Plus, it's good to see Roy's "nonexhasperated" side again. In recent plotlines it's been pretty rare for us to see him not angry, annoyed, or just in general grumpy.

Lastly, am I the only one who thought the "you might end up getting pinned" line wasn't so much sexual in nature as it was relationship-esque in nature?

AzSteven
Now that was eminently satisfying - romance done D&D style, without getting sexist or sappy, but with a few nice D&D digs in there.

Really enjoyable Giant - thanks!

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-04-26, 11:20 PM
I was kind of expecting something to be following them ominously in the last panel...that was kind of an odd place for them to just walk off panel.

That was pretty cute though.

Incredibly, ridiculously dorky, but still cute.

mimicgogo
2006-04-26, 11:21 PM
...I think the saddest part is that me and my ex-girlfriend used to talk like that. In retrospect, maybe that's why that relationship didn't work out. Hmm...

Anyway, great comic. I see this ending well for Roy...

Knight13
The wings make it kinky.

I wish we could see Roy's face in the last panel. :P

mirado_lassik
This reminds me of a "Which OOTS Characters are Hot" thread...

But, alas, stick figures can't love me back. :'(

EscherEnigma
2006-04-26, 11:24 PM
cute comic. And compared to the last one, quick and easy to read.

So, do rules references count as being nerdy when you live in the D&D universe? Somehow, I just can't imagine a world in which people having that conversation aren't geeks.
Well, if people who make physics jokes, which are effectively the 'rules' of our universe, are nerdy, then yeah, I'd say people who make rules references in a stick figure D&D world are also nerdy.

Martok
2006-04-26, 11:25 PM
"To avoid being Feebleminded." Hee!

As someone else put it, that was a dorktastic strip. Well done!

DragoonStar47
2006-04-26, 11:26 PM
Wow, that was great! loved how they talked about checks for things. (Grapple, Spot, Feebleminded) Haha! ;D

Behold_the_Void
2006-04-26, 11:27 PM
Wow, this is both incredibly geeky and sickeningly cute.

But well done.

Swashbuckler
2006-04-26, 11:28 PM
Yet another outstanding comic! Go Roy & Celia!!!

Barazon
2006-04-26, 11:28 PM
Ahha, the good old Sex and D&D theme! Reminds me of the wonderful Phil & Dixie comics by Foglio in Dragon Magazine! I just know The Giant must have been a What's New fan.

BlythraB
2006-04-26, 11:31 PM
just so you know this IS a post and not just empty space, but I'm pretty sure that my predictions are spoilers.am I crazy, or does anyone else think that Celia could be working with Nale?I know, It's crazy, but you never know, and we've seen Roy's destructive power when he's angry:
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=114
So if hestarted getting serious with Celia and she betrayed the order to the Linear guild,he'd probably go berserk

Umael
2006-04-26, 11:33 PM
*blink*

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshoh mygoshohmygosh!!!!

*grin*

That was sooooo sweet and cute!

Thanatos
2006-04-26, 11:34 PM
Wow, I was just reading a bit of Something*Positive and was exposed to too much "geek self-loathing" before reading this, so I just couldn't switch perspectives to "geeky cuteness" quick enough.

Ah well, just bad luck I guess.

Nerd-o-rama
2006-04-26, 11:34 PM
Wow. So...incredibly...geeky.

I don't know about Roy, but I'm just plain smitten.

Hawkeye
2006-04-26, 11:35 PM
Ok,

Rules joke.. check
Roy getting a break... check
Celia looking cute... check
Me being attracted to a stick figure... um, check?

I am emotionaly scarred by this comic. I'm not joking on this one. Going to sit in the corner now...

Blaznak
2006-04-26, 11:36 PM
Well, I think it was a bit on the sugary side for me...Still. it was fun to see Celia and Roy spiffed up! I think for me, it just went TOOO thrid wall with the D&D terms...Just me, I know.

I did like the fact there is a CLEAR mutual attraction!

_JM_
2006-04-26, 11:37 PM
Reply to speculation, also colour changed.

I don't think that is likely. When she was restored to flesh Nale did try to tell Celia that she'd been stone for a thousand years and that everyone she had ever known or loved was now dead...not an easy thing to forgive.

Eeek! Four posts between this and the one I was replying to, and another post beneath it before I managed to edit to say what post I was replying to.

SumGuy
2006-04-26, 11:37 PM
...does this mean that theres going to be some hot slyph on fighter action sometime soon?
what? Don't look at me like that!

Jaxinator
2006-04-26, 11:38 PM
*sniff sniff* ya smell that?
It smells like Xykon is just around the corner and *sniff* yep, Nale's crew.
Someone is about to kick the plot into high gear.

Murphy's Law: "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."

Words to live by folks

Ilaun_Undil
2006-04-26, 11:40 PM
Talk about blowing up the smithereens of the 4th wall. And wow, If I didn't make such allusions regularly in real life I would have to complain about how my brain wanted to jump out of my skull and strangle itself on puns. Other than that I thought it was a great comic ;D

ref
2006-04-26, 11:40 PM
...does this mean that theres going to be some hot slyph on fighter action sometime soon?
well, probably off-screen, though I've said several times that OotS needs to get a +18 version ;)

The use of words in this comic is just... something. There are no words. GREAT job!

Platinum_Mongoose
2006-04-26, 11:42 PM
Hm... so this must be what it's like to get a date at a gaming convention.

Vaarsuvius_Prime
2006-04-26, 11:45 PM
Roy without armor is still Roy.

Pesi
2006-04-26, 11:47 PM
Good life insurance as a warning sign? Interesting. Perhaps something to think about in the real world.

coron
2006-04-26, 11:49 PM
Funniest comic in a while , bravo giant bravo...

Mr._Blinky
2006-04-26, 11:50 PM

Mr._Blinky
2006-04-26, 11:52 PM
You sure? Except in OtOoPCs, this is the first time we've ever seen Roy without his armor. Heck this the first time in the online comic he's ever worn anything else! :o

Wow, the was really, disgustingly cute. And yet so great.

jmaccabeus
2006-04-26, 11:53 PM
Good life insurance as a warning sign? Interesting. Perhaps something to think about in the real world.

Theoretically, it should be the other way around--poor life insurance is a sign that the insurance company expects to pay out, while good insurance is a sign that they don't expect it so much. It works out this way:

Greater risk + same fee = lower payout
Same risk + greater fee = higher payout
Lower risk + same fee = higher payout
Same risk + lower fee = lower payout

Jannex
2006-04-26, 11:58 PM
I think the word I'm looking for is, "adorkable." :D
So cute!

Finwe
2006-04-26, 11:59 PM
Theoretically, it should be the other way around--poor life insurance is a sign that the insurance company expects to pay out, while good insurance is a sign that they don't expect it so much. It works out this way:

However, if your employer offers good life insurance coverage to employees, then that could mean that the Job is dangerous.

infiniteviking
2006-04-27, 12:01 AM
Wow, they both cleaned up great! It's nice to see Roy being completely carefree for a change.

Aww, geekspeak flirting... so cute.

Maxis_IronForge
2006-04-27, 12:02 AM

I don't think it's the quality of the life insurance that is the real issue.

It's more the fact that Durkon was using 'good life insurance' as one of the selling points of the job.

When life insurance is a selling point, it's time to walk away.

In other news, I have never seen so much... cleavage?... no... side exposure?... whatever on a stick figure before. Infact, never seen any of that on a stick figure before. My brain hurts. And lol at the guy that didn't understand the pinning gag on the 1st page.

Serina_Spellbinder
2006-04-27, 12:03 AM
Awwww, that comic was so cute. :)

Woo. Page 6. It completes me.

Melnor
2006-04-27, 12:07 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AMAZING comic, Giant!!
(who else could make a stick figure hot?)
I loved the D&D referrences!
And oh my gosh, is that Roy....dressed up?
I seriously didn't recognize him at first. Maybe he's not such a stock character afterall, eh?
Interesting possibilities....
Lastly, I don't even have to say how hilarious the final scene was.

ShornKnight
2006-04-27, 12:08 AM
It's dwarf deja vu all over again... but I like it. :-D

Mal_the_Mad
2006-04-27, 12:11 AM
our adventurers are growing up and getting adventurous or is that amorous.. hmm hero's distracted, army otw dun dun dun....

will haley get her speach back? what is that last secret? will roy get pinned? Will Xykon's army arrive and ruin the party?
Will Durkon get to go home? Will V ever find ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER? Will Belkar get the rune off? Tune in for friday's comic and find out.

Leo_Forestclaw
2006-04-27, 12:11 AM
1. Roy does clean up nice.
2. Hot DAMN, how does Rich get Celia to look that sexy as a stick figure (that dress had some... slink. grrrr)
3. The return to PC gaming rule jokes has just been incredible and wonderfully funny!!

You keep this up Rich, and I might feel the need to donate to the site again. ;-)

Jawsh
2006-04-27, 12:14 AM
At first I was like "No, Roy, don't do it! It's a trap! By 'pin' she is speaking literally, not innuendically, and she means to coup you to grace!"

I was sure it was Sabine in disguise. But no, up until now, when the Giant has placed Sabine in the plot, there are subtle hints. Unless you see too much of a good thing, and cutesy pun innuendo talk as subtle hints, that is.

"So," I thought, "maybe the Giant means to have something Bad happen to Celia."

But again, this cannot be true, because Roy already has his Plot Hook, though he doesn't know it yet. The Linear Guild has kidnapped his little sister. In the end, I know something bad is going to happen, has to happen, but I am going crazy trying to figure out what it is!

*By the way, I'll admit to watching Gilmore Girls on occasion, and the last comic's dialogue reminded me of that show. No, I don't mean the rules reference parts, but the intentionally bad, slightly-awkward flirty self-deprecating, pseudo-intellectual puns part.

Adeptus
2006-04-27, 12:15 AM
The comic is just adorable Giant!

The OotS'ers feel like real people anyway, but todays strip goes above and beyond. It's so light hearted and funny it's really a joy to read. Great contrast to the usual exasperated Roy, and Celia is just too sweet :D

Hithrome
2006-04-27, 12:17 AM
Young dorks in love.

It would be funny if it weren't so very much like my courtship with my wife.

For some reason I find these comics funniest when they make reference to the rules in their "real lives." Maybe it's just because I've been playing D&D so long that I think in those terms.

Rich, you da man.

Bilbo27
2006-04-27, 12:18 AM
Pin him Celia, put him down and have your way!!

Amotis
2006-04-27, 12:19 AM
That was wonderful. Yes, nerd flirting. Must show this to my group!
Thanks Rich, another good one.

Oh, and that dress is pretty revealing...

Balthor
"might get pinned"
LOL that was great!

ladycomet
One word - awwwwwww!!! Great work, Giant :D

Hurlbut
2006-04-27, 12:24 AM
I have to say I really like this strip, I'm a sucker for romance and I really am going eeeeee over it. ;D

Morchaint
2006-04-27, 12:32 AM
I love it.. sexy comments and dungeon and dragon references who could fail to love it?

feebleminded LOL

Suki_the_Pure
2006-04-27, 12:33 AM
Ooh, sizzle. She certainly isn't shy. ^^

5tephen
2006-04-27, 12:36 AM
Sexual tension? What sexual tension!?

It's ON!!!

(Strangely, they are both being SO open about it that it reminds me of how two people Role Play sexual encounters, rather than how people actually act. Still, that is appropriate of course.)

And they both look absolutely boffable in those outfits!
I thought I'd faint when I saw Roy in panel 1!

Daracaex
2006-04-27, 12:39 AM
Does Celia have any actual class levels? If she does, I could definately see her becoming part of the party.

Suki_the_Pure
2006-04-27, 12:41 AM
Does Celia have any actual class levels? If she does, I could definately see her becoming part of the party.

If she did and Miko showed up again, anyone else predict a catfight?

Amotis
2006-04-27, 12:41 AM

I pray for this day...
No really, I will be sad if any of the current relationships don't work out (or if this one's a one night stand). They're great and I don't want them to stop! *pout*

theKOT
2006-04-27, 12:43 AM
This one was ok. A tad cutesy for me though. And that's saying something. Anyway, I liked Celia's hair.

ekedolphin
2006-04-27, 12:43 AM
Heehee! "Lose too many Grapple Checks and you might end up Pinned." Woo! She wants him! And I hope they end up together, because they make a very, very cute couple.

Wow, Celia's dress is really something else, isn't it?

Also, I think it's cute how Roy held the door open for her, and how she initiated their hand-holding. All in all, a really sweet strip.

Fillbert
2006-04-27, 12:44 AM
Fantastic Strip!!! Particularly loved her eyebrows in panel 4, such a subtle expression of emotion, well done for stick figures.

edit: wow 4 posts while I wrote this

Pyritefoolsgold
2006-04-27, 12:48 AM
I have a prediction.

Ok, I can't get the spoiler tags to work.

reorith
2006-04-27, 01:00 AM
wasn't innuendo a class skill in 3.0?

Winged One
2006-04-27, 01:07 AM
Awwwwww...cuuute...;)

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,Geeky-spc-Flirting.png (http://www.sloganizer.net/en/)

The_Scourge
2006-04-27, 01:10 AM
Allow me to say this:
*Bow Chicka Bow Wow*

xyzchyx
2006-04-27, 01:15 AM
Uhmmm... is "twirl" considered onomatopoeia?

BelkarsDagger
2006-04-27, 01:17 AM
Nice comic, Giant, keep up the good work.

Matuse
2006-04-27, 01:18 AM
Oh yea, sylphian sideboob...

Abd al-Azrad
2006-04-27, 01:35 AM
I've had a date like that. It started out really great, I think I accidentally slipped a D&D reference into conversation, she picked it up, we both liked D&D, everything's cool... but I think we fed off the metaphor too much. It got kind of weird by the end.

Trust me. Not on a first date. Just don't.

Trog
2006-04-27, 01:48 AM
I don't care if they both were dorky - I'm just so happy to see Roy happy and getting some attention! Today, I live vicariously through Roy!! ;D

Ted_Stryker
2006-04-27, 01:52 AM
Can't wait to learn how comfortable Roy is with getting grappled there.

ARMOURERERIC
2006-04-27, 02:09 AM
This was just a little stalling for the big surprise in the next strip. What would complete a romantic restaurant setting?............

A stick Burt Bacharach cameo on his piano.

"What do you get when you roll a one..........

The Doctor
2006-04-27, 02:14 AM
Nice detail on Celia's hair!

I will shamelessly admit that that was not exactly what caught my eye...
For a stick figure, she looks incredibly sexy. Beats Haley-checking-traps by a mile (now, imagine Haley in such a dress...).

munehiro
2006-04-27, 02:23 AM
I want a girlfriend like Celia....
sooo lovely... snuff :'(

Krytha
2006-04-27, 02:28 AM
Whoa! NSFW! NSFW!

Sect
2006-04-27, 02:32 AM
I will shamelessly admit that that was not exactly what caught my eye...
For a stick figure, she looks incredibly sexy. Beats Haley-checking-traps by a mile (now, imagine Haley in such a dress...).

I disagree. Blue doesn't go well with Haley's hair.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-04-27, 02:32 AM
This must be how RPG geeks talk dirty. "Spot check!" "Ooh!" [pleasured female giggle] ;D

So does Roy pack formal duds when he goes on quests? Or did he stop off at a tailor's on the way back from the blacksmith's shop?

Matuse
2006-04-27, 02:34 AM
Can't wait to learn how comfortable Roy is with getting grappled there.

Normal Titans get a +8 to grapple checks due to their size.

What kind of bonuses does a trouser titan get?

Raeden
2006-04-27, 02:34 AM
Oh my... is Celia a man or am I just dirty minded?

monkofawesome
2006-04-27, 02:51 AM
Wait, what?

What gave you that impression??

rxmd
2006-04-27, 02:55 AM
monkofawesome,

totally OT, but your minimalist pic is cool.

Philipp

battleburn
2006-04-27, 03:19 AM
I don't know if this is the right place topic to say this, but I checked out the 309 topic and I totally agree with the Giant.

Good riddance!

BTW, first post for 310. Great comic.
Good that Roy found some clothes. Very casual. Though he is still wearing the same boots.

And a miracle, noone was cheering for being on the first page for once.

LostInBrittany
2006-04-27, 03:22 AM
Wonderful flirting scene!!!!

They are way TOO cute... :) :) :) :)

Ted_Stryker
2006-04-27, 03:23 AM
What do the men where you're at look like? :o

Winter_Wolf
2006-04-27, 03:24 AM
I feel unclean. :-[

Zann
2006-04-27, 03:36 AM
Awww...

Quixote
2006-04-27, 03:51 AM
*Crys for a lack of the end of the Haley arc*

I knew you'd do this too us :P

I doubt it... I think this is going to be one of those things where he switches between one date and the other.

This is my favourite comic in a while. It's witty, but at the same time all good-natured. It doesn't feature Elan being stupid or Roy being sarcastic or Haley being frustrated or Belkar being sadistic, it's all about adorable flirting.

;D

Total_Viking_Power
2006-04-27, 03:58 AM

Nah, I thought it was below par for the OOTS standard. It seemed kinda forced, like it should have ended after the first couple of jokes.

VERY nice art though. I'm liking the "Dashing Roy" outfit, and Celia is just hot :)

NephandiMan
2006-04-27, 04:17 AM

In the words of Admiral Catfish, "IT'S A TRAP!"

rat_bastard
2006-04-27, 04:19 AM
oh, why can't I find a woman that talks like that.... :'(

good comic, but enough with the cliffhangers back to hailey!

KayJay
2006-04-27, 04:51 AM
Hmm I may be missing something but what happened to the 309 thread ???

Great comic strip- Flirting D&D style!

Antina
2006-04-27, 05:11 AM
NICELY done!
The flirting in D&D expressions! Pure Gold!
And the dress Celias wearing - wooohoo - being a stick figure and you can see flesh-colour shining at her "legs" ;)...
Very humorous!

Thank YOU Giant! :)

Freelance Henchman
2006-04-27, 05:12 AM
The sheer, sweet cuteness of this comic is giving me diabetes ;).
Seriously, OOTS has to be the overall *cutest* comic ever, the drawing style, the characters, everything. And I mean that in a good way, "edgy" (web)comic usually means "annoying as hell after no time at all". I thought at first that OOTS seems like South Park with a D&D theme and no animation, but unlike South Park, I actually feel like reading the same OOTS comic twice. *Man, I really want the books*

Fozzilla
2006-04-27, 05:18 AM
I really needed that smile. Thanks.

U2QueenBee
2006-04-27, 05:30 AM
Gah! Such cuteness!!

(But it should be Elan and Haley's cuteness, dammit!)

plommon
2006-04-27, 05:34 AM
Wonderful!
Romance.... an initiative woman.... naughty invites.... ahhh...

Bakta
2006-04-27, 05:36 AM
Normal Titans get a +8 to grapple checks due to their size.

What kind of bonuses does a trouser titan get?

Hmmm, if that titan is made of wood (sorry for the slip), she might be rooting for him.

Now why do I have this urge to bring in a duck and a large scale?....

IreneDAdler
2006-04-27, 05:44 AM
Wow, now that's nerd-rotica!

phoenixineohp
2006-04-27, 06:32 AM
Hehehe! ;D This one made me giggle with excitement and glee like a little school girl! Heck, I'm still overcome with the glee just thinking about it!

I love the D&D talk as flirting. I must remember to do that in real life. ;)

I am so glad that Roy is totally up for the whole thing! But in that dress, no one would win a will save against her.

And a little meta-cartooning tossed in, with the, "Looks like this could be the end for our hero, folks!" So very, very good.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-04-27, 06:34 AM
Turning sexual innuendo and flirting into D&D rules, *Snickers.* Brilliant! ;D

Ikkitosen
2006-04-27, 06:41 AM
I think this is Roy's perfect start to a date - go Roy and Celia!

MalachorWraith
2006-04-27, 06:52 AM
Hmmm, if that titan is made of wood (sorry for the slip), she might be rooting for him.

Now why do I have this urge to bring in a duck and a large scale?....

Despite popular belief that it is a titan, dire anaconda, or scattered reports of a basilisk, it is actually a flesh golem constructed from a purple worm.

So yes, it finds shock therapy kinky.

Do I need to go into the breath weapon?

How about its +5 mythril purple helmet?

Anyone still listening?

Rithos
2006-04-27, 07:01 AM
^_^ I like how you used just enough restraint to keep Roy from replying in that last frame. Being a fighter, who knows what he'd say?

Is it a bad thing if my friends and I sometimes hold conversations, like this one, that are almost entirely conducted in D&D terms?

Priceless_Ming
2006-04-27, 07:15 AM
Double Entendre...Oh, yeah!

Fantastic. I particularly like that almost out of frame thingummy in the last panel, very hip.

And I'm feeling Roy's Threepwood shirt too, neato.

T'riffic.

Kanashimi
2006-04-27, 07:30 AM
hmmm, something tells me Roy is going to "get pinned" fairly soon.

Wow, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who uses D&D terms as sexual innuendo.

And I think Peter Griffin will be thanking Rich for the gratuitous side-boob.

Great comic!

Lightman
2006-04-27, 07:38 AM

Well that's two people now.

Dave_L
2006-04-27, 07:50 AM
<de-lurk> Absolutely great issue. It's good to see Roy actually looking happy. Hope it isn't all about to go horribly wrong! </de-lurk>

Ivellios
2006-04-27, 07:53 AM
backless dress? nice... I guess it kinda figures though, she has wings.

opherion
2006-04-27, 08:00 AM
It must have been a lot easier for Celia to put on this dress than any of her other clothes. It's cut so low her wings can't possibly interfere.

That said, I think she's looked better for all of her previous appearances. Must be the hair.

Messenger
2006-04-27, 08:27 AM
That was very nice, Mr. Burlew. It's refreshing to see something sweet, slow and nice once in awhile in anything, and this is no exception. You did a great job, sir, and it's great to see that the OotS webcomic can do this among other things. :)

Overlord Jack Chainer
2006-04-27, 08:31 AM
GO ROY! yeah gettin his natural 1 pimp on.

Flak_Razorwill
2006-04-27, 08:39 AM
Best. Use. Of. D&D. Innuendo. Ever.

Too bad it'll never work in real life. Ah, well.

pudgimelon
2006-04-27, 08:50 AM
...Which is cool, because after all of the things he and the party have been through, they all deserve a nice, happy, fun filled night.

With Giant writing this comic, do you honestly think they're going to get a night off? heheh

Seffbasilisk
2006-04-27, 08:59 AM
Awww! No fair! I was in a perfectly good grumpy mood and you had to shoot it to peices. Great comic.

Me and one of my exes used to be like that all the time....we still do that, but with less of the action and more of just flirting.

(It DOES work in RL, but you both have to be t3h geeks. My fiancée right now it wouldn't work with, see if I used Zelda references....)

Antina
2006-04-27, 09:01 AM
Too bad it'll never work in real life. Ah, well.

And exactly WHY SHOULD´T IT?!

It worked for me...

Dark_Stalion
2006-04-27, 09:02 AM
... and that, ladies and gentlemen is how to have a date D&D style. Wonderfull, Giant, just wonderfull.

warmachine
2006-04-27, 09:08 AM
Now that the sword has been restored, Roy's father can reappear, discover him involved with a non-human and make disparaging comments. Well, he'd make disparaging comments anyway.

I'd love to see a shouting match between Celia and Roy's father, just to see the look on Roy's face as this goes on.

Nekkira
2006-04-27, 09:12 AM
Very cute...sounds like some of the conversations I've had with my hubby. ;)

SabreGuy
2006-04-27, 09:35 AM
This whole comic made me say "AWWWW!" ha ha...

and pinned, eh? Bow chicka bow bow!

TinSoldier
2006-04-27, 09:37 AM
I didn't notice on the first few read-throughs until I read it in the forum. The slit in Celia's dress does show a little hip. Very nice detail!

I've been thinking, though, that Roy should have gotten some nicer boots for his date. Or shoes. They look kinda tacky (not as art, as a dating outfit).

But what do I know, I don't date or get dressed up.

bosssmiley
2006-04-27, 09:40 AM
#and when they see us holding hands / they wish that they were geeks in love#

D&D + romantic cutesyness does work, who'da thunk it? :-*

Last_resort_33
2006-04-27, 09:51 AM
Looks like Roy'll be having to make a Perform check later ;)

(just too bad for her that it isn't a class skill)

I apologise... that was going too far...

Yes, Myself and my GF tease each other with D&D rules references like that too... although I hadn't thought of the grapple one!

GargoyleBoy
2006-04-27, 09:55 AM
Is it wrong of me that I want my wife and I to flirt this way?

Great comic.

Psiwave
2006-04-27, 10:00 AM
wow, c'mon psi, remember celia is a stick-figure fairy. been single for a couple of months now, it must be taking its toll! Giant, you really know how to break a guys brain!

on that note, there has been a spate of flirty banter these past few comics, could this be a sign that our great leader is falling in love. ;)
it's ok you don't have to tell us!

fithi
2006-04-27, 10:06 AM
*gapes at the comic*

"laughs so hard she falls off the chair*

*keeps laughing*

Fantastic, Giant! So cute and so undeniably geeky! My entire D&D group is probably howling with laughter at this one.

Yahoo_Serious
2006-04-27, 10:07 AM
Bleech. How predictable. Lawyers and MBAs are always attracted to each other. ::)

(They have a lot in common: an high estimation of themselves coupled with an almost complete lack of ability.) ;D

storybookknight
2006-04-27, 10:10 AM
*in unison* AWWWWW!

Remarkably, this sounds very similar to conversations my girlfriend and I have had.

Geek humor is a wonderful thing; all men should be so lucky.

Roy really deserves it too, he's been so long-suffering.

I rarely have things to say on these discussion threads, but I would like to say well done on this one. A very good way to start my (thurs)day.

synnerman
2006-04-27, 10:16 AM
Oh dear, I smell a supreme agnst bomb on the horizon. I hope Roy has that sword in hammerspace.

Omellette
2006-04-27, 10:19 AM
Hehehe, what a great comic...

If luvin' that dress is wrong, I don't wanna be right! Yowza...

The evil side of me keeps cackling with glee -- so much happiness, it's going to make the stuff hitting the fan that much more painful.

Tee hee!

BigT
2006-04-27, 10:23 AM
Wow, seeing Celia in that dress makes me seriously reconsider my pick for the most attractive OoTS character...

Neopolis
2006-04-27, 10:24 AM
Funny. Roy looks silly in white. The expected cliffhanger on what Haley's not. Now what if the next comic would go to Belkar or V? ::)

sniffles
2006-04-27, 10:30 AM
I love it! Yet another awesome comic. :D

garylian
2006-04-27, 10:49 AM
Damn! Roy is such the stud, he has Celia eating out of his hand!

GeekLordAragorn12
2006-04-27, 11:02 AM
This has to be the cutest comic out of all 310. Great job, Rich!

dj_crossclass
2006-04-27, 11:04 AM
heh ... this reminds me of one of the more common exchanges between my girlfriend and I.

"Butt Touch of Opportunity!"
"That's the fifth time this morning! I need to avoid your reach."
"It's the Lecherous Reflexes feat."

Frozen_Northman
2006-04-27, 11:05 AM
It seems that Celia has succeeded in finding an outfit that would get Roy to notice her...

Very enjoyable strip. After seeing Haley's frustration in not curing her aphasia - or even at least communicating her feelings to Elan, this strip was a welcome counterpoint. Roy deserves some happiness, as does Celia, and it's great to see two characters genuinely enjoying each other's company.

Vaynor
2006-04-27, 11:12 AM
All I have to say about this comic is:
a lot of corny DnD jokes, a much needed relief...

Zzarchov
2006-04-27, 11:35 AM
cute comic. And compared to the last one, quick and easy to read.

Well, if people who make physics jokes, which are effectively the 'rules' of our universe, are nerdy, then yeah, I'd say people who make rules references in a stick figure D&D world are also nerdy.

I've done that before

"Is that your new car?"

"Its a Neon"

"Does it run on Noble gas?"

--Unamused Silence--

Freeman333
2006-04-27, 11:36 AM
That was the single geekiest comic I have ever--EVER--read. I can feel my ear canals filling up with blood and cerebrospinal fluid even as I type...

However, as a Roy/Celia shipper, I feel mighty vindicated. Now if V and Belkar get together, all my wishes will have been granted... ;)

Ghull_Ka
2006-04-27, 11:42 AM
Oh my lord! Cutest. Paraelemental. Ever.

She's smart, gorgeous, aggressive, and nonhuman. Congratulations, Roy! I should be so lucky!!

mgshadow
2006-04-27, 11:44 AM
This comic made me groan. Only because my dnd group has a tendency to do thing like this. (not the holding hands) The general references to DnD rules can be funny sometimes. I dont know why, but i see bad things in the Oots members future. Things are going too nice right now.

Priest_Of_Banjo
2006-04-27, 11:55 AM
!?!?!?!?!?!
wow. Must Not Look at Very Good Comic!

snelson66
2006-04-27, 12:20 PM
Now if V and Belkar get together, all my wishes will have been granted... ;)
V & Belkar!!? That's just wrong on so many levels.

Very nerdy comic this time, Giant.

poptartmini
2006-04-27, 12:24 PM
In the words of Admiral Catfish, "IT'S A TRAP!"
Sorry, but I have to correct you. My geek side won't let that comment alone.

His name is Admiral Ackbar.

niolo
2006-04-27, 12:25 PM
Great! Not only do we make goofy comments in game like that, but it also reminds me of how 1Ls (and some 2Ls) talk to their friends and family outside law school.

Thank you for so much fun.

Hawkeye
2006-04-27, 12:33 PM
I've done that before

"Is that your new car?"

"Its a Neon"

"Does it run on Noble gas?"

--Unamused Silence--

*groan* jeez, thats an awful pun.

Berserk_ferrit
2006-04-27, 12:37 PM
WARNING******SPOILER*******

EDIT
sorry, i found the tread on this topic. " roy and celia"

Elurindel
2006-04-27, 12:55 PM
Awww, cute D&D-based flirting. I used to flirt with my ex-girlfriend like that (She didn't break up with me because of that, she did it back too :P )

Chupacabrabert
2006-04-27, 12:56 PM
D'awwww!!! Too cute. :)

You had to go make another great comic, forcing me to finally go out and buy the books - Giant, have you no respect for those of us who are trying to be good and put money into our savings accounts? ;)

I will now join Lily (page 2) in Fangirlish squealing. Shall we harmonize?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sebastian
2006-04-27, 01:07 PM
Wow, Celia is curvy for a stick figure.

Now what are the chances they end in the same restaraunt of Elan and Haley?

Fillbert
2006-04-27, 01:13 PM
His name is Admiral Ackbar.

We know that, but he still looks like a catfish. ;D

Also.... if Roy fails his Perform check later, will he have to make a Tumble check?

Evik
2006-04-27, 01:35 PM
Alas poor Roy...we knew him well.... LOL
the poor doomed fool!
well you gotta be on your toes when your dating a lawyer...dont screw up Roy! lol
i think we all know what Celia is plotting ;)

aaronbourque
2006-04-27, 01:37 PM
Awwwwwwww.

Sweet.

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque

EdgarVerona
2006-04-27, 01:40 PM
YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Go Roy! Go Roy! Woooooooooo!

Fantastic. As long as she's not the President of Burundi, he's definately got to invite her for a cup of coffee. ;)

Zaruthustran
2006-04-27, 02:24 PM
Nice writing, The Giant! Very charming.

AyuVince
2006-04-27, 02:39 PM
This is SOOOOOOOOOO cute! I envy Roy. Let's hope the date goes well...

little_earthquake
2006-04-27, 02:41 PM
wow, I just noticed that her dress does not only show half of her breasts but also a little bit of the place where her legs end and the torso begins.

nice little detail!

kendrama
2006-04-27, 02:46 PM
Fantastic. As long as she's not the President of Burundi, he's definately got to invite her for a cup of coffee. ;)

Of course, if he finds out she is the President of Burundi after all, he could always tell her his grandma's on fire and take off. ;D

Scion_of_Darkness
2006-04-27, 02:52 PM
Great comic! Does anyone else seem to think this is fast for Roy and Celia?
They have meet:
1. In Durkons castle
2. In the city

Although those meetings were rather long (a few strips long) they have only met twice.

SpoonlessJedi
2006-04-27, 02:59 PM
They have meet:
1. In Durkons castle
2. In the city

Although those meetings were rather long (a few strips long) they have only met twice.

Think about how long Durkon and Hilgya knew each other before they, um... *ahem* And she was the "bad guy!"

I have a suspicion that someone will get to roll their "gettin' lucky" check tonight...

saraswati
2006-04-27, 03:03 PM
That was very fun! Go Giant! Yes, I am totally on edge waiting for the resolution of certain plots, but I like it when writers just go off on their own tangents. It's often the most inventive stuff.

Seeing as we've had some pretty funny lawyer jokes in past OOTS, I'd love to see date #2 with legal puns.

(blushes) ooops, I've said too much.

That's just the way I roll.

Thief-Wizard101
2006-04-27, 03:09 PM
They have meet:
1. In Durkons castle
2. In the city

ya it seems to be a bit fast celia has oponly really appeared in like 7 comics

Nasrudith
2006-04-27, 03:11 PM
Great comic giant. Especially the grappel checks. I can't wait to see if roy gets "pinned".

Jabby
2006-04-27, 03:12 PM
hot hot hot

Eriol
2006-04-27, 03:27 PM
They have meet:
1. In Durkons castle
2. In the city

It's still just a date (for now). Even if it is rather "formal" for the first date, they DO know one another, so I wouldn't put it out of the question, or overly-odd.

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-04-27, 03:50 PM
This is one of those strips that you have to have some basic knowledge of DnD to get. If not you'd be saying to yourself:

'WTF?! Was that supposed to be flirty?'

Fortunately for me, though I've never played a minute of DnD in my life, I've picked up enough reading the strip and playing Baldur's Gate to get most of the jokes.

Gri
2006-04-27, 03:53 PM
I don't like it. Gag.

Thief-Wizard101
2006-04-27, 03:55 PM
This is one of those strips that you have to have some basic knowledge of DnD to get. If not you'd be saying to yourself:

'WTF?! Was that supposed to be flirty?'

Fortunately for me, though I've never played a minute of DnD in my life, I've picked up enough reading the strip and playing Baldur's Gate to get most of the jokes.
ok mstr smarty pants was it a flirt or was it serious. eh? eh? eh?

LE4dGOLEM
2006-04-27, 04:02 PM
Meanwhile, let's try to restore sanity.

Nice strip... Seriously. Best ever.

Thief-Wizard101
2006-04-27, 04:11 PM
i wouldnt say best ever but it was still good ;)

Wizzardman
2006-04-27, 04:17 PM
Okay, this comic just leaves me with one question.

Is there a half-paraelemental template?

Cyrith
2006-04-27, 04:22 PM
meh. While I like the return to the D&D rules jokes, enough is enough. Save some for later.

whmice
2006-04-27, 04:27 PM
owwww cutest comic ever, with enough laughs but not spoiling the cuteness

Neesie
2006-04-27, 04:39 PM
Excellent strip, Rich! First date, corny flirts, "pinned"...*snicker* Despite the fact that it's Celia and Roy (*gag*--sorry, not a shipper), I love this comic. ^_^

Drerek
2006-04-27, 04:51 PM
wow, I just noticed that her dress does not only show half of her breasts but also a little bit of the place where her legs end and the torso begins.

I think they're called hips if stick figures have hips.

;)

And I just noticed that before seeing your post. :)

codemartin
2006-04-27, 04:56 PM
I must say Gaint that was er intresting strip. NSFW amoung, wooh new hottest ootser award goes to... also oh my fsm a comic charater changed clothes :)

n11
2006-04-27, 05:08 PM
Roy could use a pair of nice shoes, but with one foot bigger than the other, I imagine this could get expensive. ;D

I feel the hammer's figurative drop is coming very soon... things are looking a little too happy.

BlythraB
2006-04-27, 05:24 PM
It's dwarf deja vu all over again... but I like it. :-D
are you suggesting that Celia's married? because somehow, Roy not being a dwarf, i don't think he would care.

Bleech. How predictable. Lawyers and MBAs are always attracted to each other.

(They have a lot in common: an high estimation of themselves coupled with an almost complete lack of ability.)
YOU be nice. my daddy is a lawyer. he rocks

NelinialRiverflow
2006-04-27, 05:29 PM
Omo, I loved it! The cute little jokes between Roy and Celia were adorable. I think they should add her to the party, 'cause there are just soooo many humans! V and Belkar are the only other race people (For a minute I forgot about Belkar... oops!). But Orli, that was a good strip. I can't wait to see what happens with Haley and Elan though! So I think it should back and forth between the two couples.
I'm serious though, Celia should join the party. Roy and Celia are a cute couple.

>Alcmariel the Druid aka Jetris< :)

Thief-Wizard101
2006-04-27, 06:00 PM
If celia joined the party something might go wrong and thats why it might happen just to make a lil bit of tension in the party

Cruiser1
2006-04-27, 06:02 PM
Wow! Eeeeeee! :) This is the best comic ever, out of all 310! It's soooo cute, with hearts and smiles and stars and joy bouncing around. ;) The dialog was a excellent depiction of the shy flirting that happens on dates when both like each other. For all who didn't say Celia was the hottest best looking character in that thread, eat your heart out! :P

Not only is that dress the coolest outfit ever, it's also realistic for a fairy, since it's backless so has room for the wings behind. Her skimpy top in Dorukan's dungeon was also good in that way. I don't see how she could ever wear a suit, unless it had serious alterations in back. I played a half-pixie once, where her clothes were basically a short skirt and bikini top, looking a lot like my avatar but with wings.

Carrion_Humanoid
2006-04-27, 06:22 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

Roys gunna be a happy man tonight!

tothecornfield
2006-04-27, 07:07 PM
Omo, I loved it! The cute little jokes between Roy and Celia were adorable. I think they should add her to the party, 'cause there are just soooo many humans! V and Belkar are the only other race people (For a minute I forgot about Belkar... oops!). But Orli, that was a good strip. I can't wait to see what happens with Haley and Elan though! So I think it should back and forth between the two couples.
I'm serious though, Celia should join the party. Roy and Celia are a cute couple.
:)

You forgot Durkon. Exactly half of the party is not human. I like Celia but I would hate to see a perfectly good supporting character get ruined by being moved to center stage.

Justinian
2006-04-27, 07:12 PM
Dorkiest. Flirting. EVAR.

aaronbourque
2006-04-27, 07:25 PM
I don't like it. Gag.
Oh, come on. What are you, 9?

Maybe one day, you'll learn that members of the opposite gender don't have cooties, and that being comfortable enough to make these little jokes is one of the best parts of a relationship.

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque

Kish
2006-04-27, 07:34 PM
You forgot Durkon. Exactly half of the party is not human.
Which is a serious racial imbalance (3 one race, 1 each of three others) and would annoy me in a serious D&D strip.

saraswati
2006-04-27, 07:46 PM
I don;t know about that Kish. I get the sense that WOTC tries to promote Humans as a kind of "default" race. When you read sourcebooks like Greyhawk, it often gives population statistics by race of the larger cities. Unless it is a specifically Dwarven, Elven or other city, most "regular" cities seem to have populations of more than half human, with only small percentages of even the most common races of dwarf, elf and halfling.

Personally, I really like all the other races, and I play them a lot myself. But I get the impression they aren't supposed to make up an equal amount of the D n D world.

SirEdward
2006-04-27, 07:51 PM
Which is a serious racial imbalance (3 one race, 1 each of three others) and would annoy me in a serious D&D strip.

It depends on the setting. This strip has a history of referring to 1st and 2nd Edition as being part of the contiguous past. These earlier editions made it quite clear that humans were both the dominant and the most populous of civilized creatures. This was to be reflected in the party makeup, and the rules were written to encourage this aspect.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-04-27, 08:02 PM
My favorite strip in some time. Just a cozy moment with some quiet charm.

The_Kobold_Hero
2006-04-27, 08:24 PM
Cute. Not really funny, but cute.

Alsadius
2006-04-27, 08:29 PM
That may be the biggest collection of DnD-based innuendo on the face of the planet. Sir, I commend you!

Also, Kish, are you suggesting that this comic isn't serious? Just ebcause it's funny doesn't mean that it isn't also telling a serious story.

redmind0
2006-04-27, 09:05 PM
gv gv
"pinned"

arkwei
2006-04-27, 09:20 PM
Well, considering the fact that all three of Dorukan's employee got neutralized in short order, even it was under surprise, I still don't think Celia has much combat prowess, thus her joining the party seems unlikely. Sylph doesn't usually advances in character levels, and she probably has no experience in "manipulating the primal elemental force of wind" (when she was interviewed by some gensai).

firepup
2006-04-27, 09:43 PM
wow. never seen roy outside his armor before... celia had a nice outfit too. but seeing as i've seen celia in many different outfits and the adventurers in one, that's neat.

Ing
2006-04-27, 10:06 PM
Ceila could join if she has the same lawyer class levels as the other 2, ability to smite copy right infringment, summon supenas, conjur restraining order, and dispell marriage. very powerful L based spells there.

Kish
2006-04-27, 10:29 PM
Yes, I know D&D treats humans as "default" and anything else as weird. My point (or opinion, if you prefer) is that that sucks and shouldn't be the case, not that it isn't the case.

(Not that it's limited to D&D. Anyone ever watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? A Bajoran space station, clear and explicit large majority population of Bajorans, partially staffed by the Federation, a coalition of literally hundreds of races of which humans are only one. The main cast: One Trill, one Ferengi, one changeling, one Bajoran, and four humans, including, of course, the captain.)

TinSoldier
2006-04-27, 10:33 PM
Yes, I know D&D treats humans as "default" and anything else as weird. My point (or opinion, if you prefer) is that that sucks and shouldn't be the case, not that it isn't the case.

(Not that it's limited to D&D. Anyone ever watch Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? A Bajoran space station, clear majority population of Bajorans, partially staffed by the Federation, a coalition of literally hundreds of races of which humans are only one. The main cast: One Trill, one Ferengi, one changeling, one Bajoran, and four humans, including, of course, the captain.)Well, yeah. It just kinda shows the results of imperialism, right? ;)

As for D&D, I usually like to have humans as the dominant race no matter how illogical that may seem when considering the abilities of other races.

n11
2006-04-27, 10:44 PM
gv gv
"pinned"

I don't wander to other message boards, but I have to ask those who do: Is "gv gv gv" (representing Haley's crypto-laughter) becoming slang on other boards for laughing as well? Has the Giant indirectly and accidentally contributed to internet slang that will live on beyond the life of this strip?

Just curious.

But to echo my point from a few pages back: Couldn't Roy have found a decent pair of shoes for his rendezvous? ;D

Hawkeye
2006-04-27, 10:56 PM
I still don't think Celia has much combat prowess, thus her joining the party seems unlikely

Well, she did pretty much nuke Nale and Thog in strip 70 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=70)

Euphemism
2006-04-27, 11:15 PM
All together now:

Awwwwwwwwwww...

Roland St. Jude
2006-04-27, 11:53 PM
This was a gem! Thanks Giant! Great ongoing rules joke; charming personal moment; attractive art. I really enjoyed this one.

Serge_Drago
2006-04-28, 12:34 AM
Now all that needs to happen is Nale enters town and him and the witch go to the same resturant as Elan and Haley. Fun times for all.

Kord
2006-04-28, 12:35 AM
No, what we need is V to got with someone... :P

That would be interesting. But I don't think the giant is willing to give that piece of info up just yet...

Unless, of course, V went with someone else who's gender was undistinguishable....

EDIT: By the way, loved the comic as usual.

Alekxander
2006-04-28, 12:43 AM
You know, I've been reading OotS now for a while, but this is the first time I've been compelled to say something.

All together now:

Awwwwwwwwwww...
Awwwwwwwwwww...
Hope nothing goes wrong, I want a happy ending! ;D

TinSoldier
2006-04-28, 12:56 AM
You know, I've been reading OotS now for a while, but this is the first time I've been compelled to say something.
Awwwwwwwwwww...
Hope nothing goes wrong, I want a happy ending! ;DDUN dun dun!

I foresee a Friday Cliffhanger in your future... :o

Kord
2006-04-28, 01:09 AM
Spoiler:

How about the two couples are about to kiss, *cliffhanger*, and then, Xykon's army invades during the next comic...intterupting the romantic scene.

The_Cardinal
2006-04-28, 01:26 AM
Cute comic :)

faeline
2006-04-28, 03:08 AM
I bet the +4 Charisma Celia gets as a Fey helps :P

Cute :) Now I'm waiting to see the disastrous date between Belkar (CE) and Miko (LG).