PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Suns chili Cookoff and Music Festival

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-18, 12:29 AM
I"d like to let all of you that live in, or will be in Maryland, southern Pennsylvania, Eastern West Virginia and Northern Virginia this Saturday, to the even the minor league baseball team I work for is putting on. The event is being held at Hagerstown Municipal Stadium in Hagerstown Maryland. There will be 30 chili teams and three bands this year. The headlining band is a relatively well known band (or so I've been told) band out of Baltimore by the name of The Kelly Bell Band. The cost of tickets is $10 and includes four chili sample tickets, more of which can be purchased at the event for $1 a ticket. To purchase tickets you can call the Suns front office at 301-791-6266, or online at http://www.sunschilicookoff.com/. All proceeds from the event are going to the Maryland Theater's Why Dinosaurs Don't Smoke youth smoking prevention program, a non-profit charity. The event runs from Noon until 5PM. that's all the important stuff you need to know, but the website does have more information too, so I'd go there if you have any questions about the event.

Anywho, I was thinking we might be able to use this as a sort of mini meet-up. I'll be working the event at some point, and afterwards to clean everything up. but I will have time to meet up with some of you during the event, and I've been told that everything will wrap up for me around 7ish, so we could go out and eat somewhere or do some other activity at night if anyone's interested.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-18, 05:03 PM
bumpity bump.

BubbaK
2007-09-18, 07:23 PM
I'll see if I can plan a trip there, thanks!