PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF] Unbindable Veil

Azoth
2018-10-19, 01:42 PM
So, I was going through April Augmented 2017 and came across the Drunkard's Sash. A pretty cool veil over all, but when I was double checking where a character shapes and binds it, I noticed that it says that it is a "waist" slot veil. When I went back over Akashic Mysteries and the Rajah PDFs, I noticed no other veil uses that slot, no class gains the ability to bind to that slot, and there is no subsequent feat or ability that allows someone to use the "waist" chakra.

I assume this is a misprint and it is supposed to be a "belt" slot veil, but was wondering if I am mistaken in that assumption. Because if I am wrong, then we have a veil that is at best can't be bound and at worst can't even be shaped.

Florian
2018-10-19, 04:12 PM
Well, you can only bind it on April the 1st.

Alent
2018-10-19, 04:53 PM
Yeah, it looks like they deliberate used the 3.5 version of the Slot/Chakra instead of the PF version to ham up the joke. :smallamused:

Azoth
2018-10-19, 06:12 PM
I think that even with just a Veilweaver dip you can shape it, which still makes it pretty sweet. 1/2 max health as temp HP with no Essence investment is nice even as a joke veil. If you still want to let it be the only "waist" chakra veil out there you can still snag a decent "belt" slot Veil as well.

I know it is from an April Fool's day release and meant to be a bit of a joke, but despite it's more humorous source the other materials are still useable to various degrees. This led to me trying to find a way to actually use this particular veil.

Manyasone
2018-10-20, 06:29 AM
I know it is from an April Fool's day release and meant to be a bit of a joke, but despite it's more humorous source the other materials are still useable to various degrees. This led to me trying to find a way to actually use this particular veil.

The EDGELORD (dadaDAAAAAAh) pops into mind from the 2016 release