PDA

View Full Version : Simulatory?

Jazeta
2007-09-18, 03:53 AM
Hi guys! If this belongs in any of the other gaming threads feel free to move it.

I'm trying to help a friend find a rather obscure PnP role play system called a Simulatory. Sadly I don't know too terribly much about it, however, I do know some basic things.

Its a role play system where you create yourself as the player character and all of your stats and skills are determined by the friends that you are playing the game with. Strength is supposed to be determined by something like how many push ups you can do in 30 seconds.

Unfortunately neither I, nor my friend know much more about the system, and have been looking for things on it for the better part of this month. If anyone has any leads or knows anything else about it I'd really like to know. It sounds like it would be a very interesting way of gaming.

blue_fenix
2007-09-18, 11:41 AM
I have seen some online quizes that will stat out your character, including class and alignment, based on a series of questions. I have never heard of anyone actually playing an RPG based on such a thing, however. It's certainly possible, although limited by the fact that people will have widely varying stats, particularly since people may manipulate the quiz to get better stats. The other thing is, most people who play RPG's are, at least to some extent, playing the game in order to be someone other than themselves. If I want to be me, I can do that in real life.