PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Win?

Luna_Mayflower
2018-10-20, 09:11 AM
Three whole pantheons of gods, the immensly powerful entities that are bound to them, their millions upon millions of mortal worshippers and the rest of reality itself... or some snarly boi?

Place your bets now!

Keltest
2018-10-20, 09:21 AM
Win at what? My money is definitely on the snarl if its an eating contest, but id bet it sucks at dancing.

hroþila
2018-10-20, 09:29 AM
Now this is the kind of s***posting I can get behind.

My money's on the snarly boi at chess.

Riftwolf
2018-10-20, 11:23 AM
It's been established in canon that the odds are tipped heavily in Snarls favour, but that's never stopped a plucky underdog story yet.
Western Pantheon in the 9th round!

Flyingbooks42
2018-10-20, 12:28 PM
I'd definitely bet on the Snarl for a bad knitting contest.

Luna_Mayflower
2018-10-20, 12:58 PM
Now this is the kind of s***posting I can get behind.

My money's on the snarly boi at chess.

I prefer the term excrementposting, but that's pretty much my super special talent.

martianmister
2018-10-20, 01:38 PM
Hard question. The gods are extremely weak against the Snarl, but apparently mortals have better chances, as Soon Kim and his pals, with their few numbers, succeed in stopping it temporarily to cast the spell. If all the creations attack the Snarl at the same time, I think they can kill it.

Fyraltari
2018-10-20, 05:17 PM
Bragi wins at karaoke.
Njord wins at sandcastle building.
Skadi wins at Tag.
Vafthrudnir wins at Trivial Pursuit.
Bull wins at Go.
Loki wins at Poker.
Dragon wins at Snakes and Ladders.
Tyr wins at chess.
The Snarl wins at Greek Wrestling.
Freyr wins at Monopoly.

Riftwolf
2018-10-20, 05:30 PM
Bragi wins at karaoke.
Njord wins at sandcastle building.
Skadi wins at "tag".
Vafthrudnir wins at Trivial Pursuit.
Bull wins at Go.
Loki wins at Poker.
Dragon wins at Snakes and Ladders.
Tyr wins at chess.
Freyr wins at Settlers of Monopoly.

As it was in the Board Game themed world. (Plus why the speech marks round Tag? You've made it oddly euphemistic.)

Fyraltari
2018-10-20, 05:38 PM
As it was in the Board Game themed world. (Plus why the speech marks round Tag? You've made it oddly euphemistic.)
Not sure that was the actual name.

factotum
2018-10-20, 07:42 PM
To be serious for a moment: I don't think it remotely likely that this story ends with the world, the Order, and all the gods getting eaten by the Snarl. I mean, I know downer endings are a bit of a trend, but that doesn't seem to fit with the themes the Giant has in his story.

137beth
2018-10-21, 12:02 AM
The obvious answer is that Minrah will win. When Thor said "you do you," he actually unlocked Minrah's hidden memories of being Ares, shapeshifted into the form of a dwarf to avoid being killed by the Snarl with the other Gods of the East. With his power fully unlocked, Ares will band together with the other three pantheons to create a new, four-color prison for the Snarl.

TheTinyMan
2018-10-22, 09:41 AM
I think I'm gonna hedge my bets here.

1000 gp that the roulette wheel stops on reality.
0.25 coinbits that it stops on the Snarl.
16.97 quadloos that it stops on that awful little green zero.

Can I be the house? I want to be the house. Let's play house!

Stelio Kontos
2018-10-22, 10:03 AM
Are we talking a Ditka sized pantheon, or just a regular pantheon?

georgie_leech
2018-10-22, 10:30 AM

Well that's just great, now I need more coffee. :smallbiggrin:

My vote is Tiamat for Dragon Poker.

Devils_Advocate
2018-10-22, 08:14 PM
Elan at least is supposedly guaranteed a happy ending (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html), or his money back. Although it would probably be difficult to get his money back from the Oracle if the world is destroyed...

So, does that mean that the Snarl will lose in the end? Well... the end of what? The story? That's just the point where the storyteller stops telling. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0763.html) Thor speculates that the world could last for millions or even billions of years with appropriate intervention (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1142.html), but not forever. Forever is a really long time for anything to last!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.

Icy what you did there.

Ruck
2018-10-23, 02:48 AM
Are we talking a Ditka sized pantheon, or just a regular pantheon?

Is Ditka the name of the pantheon, or does the pantheon just consist of Ditka?

D.One
2018-10-23, 06:32 AM
So, does that mean that the Snarl will lose in the end?

To beat the Snarl, some loose ends must be tied, but if so, and they (the OotS) win, it won't be a lose end...

KorvinStarmast
2018-10-24, 08:06 AM
MiTD wins the eating contest. Hot dogs will suffice, and ESPN will cover it. (Elan's Sports Playing Network).

Larre Gannd
2018-10-24, 10:10 AM
MiTD wins the eating contest. Hot dogs will suffice, and ESPN will cover it. (Elan's Sports Playing Network).

I dunno. The empress of blood didn’t get tgat big on vegetables

Talion
2018-10-24, 11:53 AM
I dunno. The empress of blood didn’t get tgat big on vegetables

Alright, to even the odds we'll make it a stew eating contest.

D.One
2018-10-24, 12:10 PM
Alright, to even the odds we'll make it a stew eating contest.

Why not a game of "Who can hit the lightest?"?

Luna_Mayflower
2018-10-26, 10:54 AM
To be serious for a moment...

I stopped reading here.

The obvious answer is that Minrah will win. When Thor said "you do you," he actually unlocked Minrah's hidden memories of being Ares, shapeshifted into the form of a dwarf to avoid being killed by the Snarl with the other Gods of the East. With his power fully unlocked, Ares will band together with the other three pantheons to create a new, four-color prison for the Snarl.

I personally award you 1 Luna star for a sterling prediction.

Elan at least is supposedly guaranteed a happy ending (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html), or his money back. Although it would probably be difficult to get his money back from the Oracle if the world is destroyed...

No, it's a type of massage.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.

I can't eternal lie, but I can eternal recline or eternal lean. Does that count?

martianmister
2018-10-26, 11:44 AM
I stopped reading here.

Now that's just close minded.