PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Feat

cartejos
2018-10-20, 09:43 AM
What ways exist to improve the dodge bonus to AC granted by the dodge feat?

It specifically has to improve the Dodge Feats bonus to AC, and not provide a separate dodge bonus.

I believe in Dragon 303 there is a martial arts style that lets you apply dodge to Wis modifier Enemies.

The only thing that comes to mind for me is Titan Fighting, which substitutes your AC bonus vs Giants for your Dodge Bonus when Dodge is used against creatures at least 1 size larger than you.

Silly Name
2018-10-20, 10:12 AM
The Swashbuckler's Dodge Bonus can stack with Dodge (feat).

Elusive Target (Complete Warrior) doesn't give a numerical bonus to Dodge, but it widens your options with it.

Circle Student and Circle Master (Dragon Compendium) are both direct improvement to Dodge.

Malapterus
2018-10-20, 10:28 AM

It specifically has to improve the Dodge Feats bonus to AC, and not provide a separate dodge bonus.

I believe in Dragon 303 there is a martial arts style that lets you apply dodge to Wis modifier Enemies.

The only thing that comes to mind for me is Titan Fighting, which substitutes your AC bonus vs Giants for your Dodge Bonus when Dodge is used against creatures at least 1 size larger than you.

I always houserule that the Dodge feat is a flat +1 dodge bonus to AC.

Unlike most bonuses, Dodge bonuses do stack, so anything you find should be good.

Here's something that might be more helpful, but I make no guarantees: https://tinyurl.com/dogebonuslol

PaucaTerrorem
2018-10-20, 10:34 AM
+1 when you take the feat and an additional 1 for every 3 levels after.

Nifft
2018-10-20, 03:36 PM

Circle Student (Dragon Compendium)

Combat Defense (PHB2)

Elusive Target (Complete Warrior) gives some benefits, but not more AC.

Melee Evasion (PHB2) gives you the option to just flat-out NOPE one attack per round from your Dodge target, which isn't more AC but is pretty much in the spirit.

weckar
2018-10-20, 03:40 PM
Melee Evasion can also lower your AC though. It's a gamble.

Glimbur
2018-10-20, 03:48 PM
Midnight Dodge from Magic of Incarnum is a dodge-substitute. If you're not going to do anything else with the sub-system it's equivalent, but if you are it's also a point of essentia that you could use somewhere else. Mostly useful if you needed Dodge for a pre-requisite and were unimpressed with the actual ability of the feat, but if you are going to often fight one large enemy instead of several smaller ones you could take it for the ability to add more essentia later to get a larger bonus later.

ViperMagnum357
2018-10-20, 04:23 PM
Only thing I can think of not already mentioned is from the Rokugan setting, which is OGL (though licensed). The Rokugan version of the Ninja gains a scaling dodge bonus, +1 at level 1, +2 at level 5 and +1 every five levels thereafter. The bonus works exactly like the dodge bonus except you can divvy it up among multiple opponents; the ability counts as the dodge feat for prereqs, and you can take the actual dodge feat as well to explicitly stack the bonus.

ATHATH
2018-10-20, 04:37 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?533976-A-martial-arts-style-for-Dodging

Esprit15
2018-10-20, 05:15 PM
Shou Disciple grants a bonus to the bonus granted by Dodge.

Desert Wind Dodge gives the bonus against everyone as long as you move at least 10 feet.

ShurikVch
2018-10-21, 12:52 PM
Monk Variant: Fighting Styles (Cobra Strike) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cobraStrike)

Mantis Mercenary 5 (Oriental Adventures) - add Int or Wis bonus (whichever higher) to AC from Dodge feat

Deceptive Dodge (Dragon Compendium)
Defensive Throw (Complete Warrior)
Titan Fighting (Races of Stone)

Also, about any other source of dodge bonus to AC should stack - such as:
dip in Bladesinger (presuming you're have Int bonus), Breachgnome (situac.), Devoted Defender, Dwarven Defender, Great Rift Deep Defender, Loremaster (Dodge trick), Swiftblade, Fleet Runner of Ehlonna (+8 vs AoO), or Daidoji Bodyguard (+4 in Total Defense)
feats such as Expeditious Dodge, Psionic Dodge, Psionic Sidestep, Improved Psionic Sidestep, Shadowborn Warrior, Single Blade Style, Einhander, Giantbane, or Martial Stance (Absolute Steel)

rrwoods
2018-10-22, 11:32 AM
Something I just thought of, if you want to keep the narrative design of the original feat intact:

When you select this feat, choose intelligence, wisdom, or charisma.

Each round during your turn, choose an opponent. Until you choose a different opponent, you get a dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by the chosen opponent equal to your bonus in the chosen ability score.

weckar
2018-10-22, 01:23 PM
Something I just thought of, if you want to keep the narrative design of the original feat intact:

When you select this feat, choose intelligence, wisdom, or charisma.

Each round during your turn, choose an opponent. Until you choose a different opponent, you get a dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by the chosen opponent equal to your bonus in the chosen ability score.

They are not trying to change it.

liquidformat
2018-10-22, 02:09 PM
Expeditious Dodge (RotW) gain dodge when you move 10+ feet against everyone, also works in place of dodge.
Psionic Dodge (PsH) stacks with dodge.

Mordaedil
2018-10-23, 01:26 AM
A hosuerule we often run by is that it just adds a flat +1 to dodge AC and you can take the feat multiple times and its effect stack.

People very rarely bother taking it more than once to get spring attack and whirlwind attack though.