PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Styles Build

cartejos
2018-10-20, 11:41 AM
I want to make a character who uses Five Star Mastery, Empty Hand Mastery, and Broken Fist Mastery.

These are not feats, for those unaware. The Martial Arts Styles simply give you various bonuses

The requirements to get all of these will end up being:
Improved Unarmed Strike, Deflect Arrows, Fists of Iron, Eagle Claw Strike
Lightning Reflexes
Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Knockdown
Power Attack
Ki Shout
Dirty Fighting
Improved Initiative

And some Skill requirements

The bonuses this give will be (in total):
+1 Size for Unarmed Strike
+1 Size for Tripping & +1/2 character level to trip attempts
+10 to Jump, Balance, and Tumble & Haste for Character Level rounds per day, split up as you choose

I'm looking for any class, prestige or base, that could grant a metric ton of free feats or the feats listed above. Two levels of monk gives 3, two levels of psychic warrior give 2, two levels of fighter give 2, the generic warrior also gets 2 by 2. A wyrm of war gets 5 feats for nothing (if dragonwroughts happen to qualify it'd cost a feat for 5, DM typically allows it)

weckar
2018-10-20, 11:59 AM
So you are NOT referring to the OA feats, then? Where are these from and what do they give?

ExLibrisMortis
2018-10-20, 12:02 PM
Kobold fighters can get Dodge in place of heavy armour proficiency.

Feat rogues get fighter bonus feats.

Golden dancing pegleg graft (Dragon 318) grants Mobility and Spring Attack.

A cleric with Drow and Time as domains get Improved Initiative and Lightning Reflexes.

So I guess you're playing a dragonwrought kobold who worships a drow deity of time, and has a golden pegleg graft that likes to dance. Well, it's a solid concept, to be sure :smalltongue:.

bean illus
2018-10-20, 12:40 PM
I want to make a character who uses Five Star Mastery, Empty Hand Mastery, and Broken Fist Mastery.

The requirements to get all of these will end up being:
Improved Unarmed Strike, Deflect Arrows, Fists of Iron, Eagle Claw Strike
Lightning Reflexes
Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Knockdown
Power Attack
Ki Shout
Dirty Fighting
Improved Initiative

The bonuses this give will be (in total):
+1 Size for Unarmed Strike
+1 Size for Tripping & +1/2 character level to trip attempts
+10 to Jump, Balance, and Tumble & Haste for Character Level rounds per day,

You can start here. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?206315-3-X-PF-Things-That-Grant-Feats#post_11365725

I don't believe you can mix generic with classes. But with the classes that do you might get close.

You might also get 3-5th level cleric casting, or more.

You "need" 20 feats. You get 7 from leveling, so 13.

1-2 Human Paragon (why not able learner?)
3-4 Martial rogue
5-6 Fighter
7-8 Monk
9-11 Barb

That has most of it by 12th, but trading domains or getting spell utility ...

12 Cloistered cleric
13 Ordained champion
14 Contemplative
15 Hospitaler
16-17 Chameleon (floating feat and loads of utility)

I'm sure it can be stitched together. Would you rather have spells, more ToB, or ....

ATHATH
2018-10-20, 04:40 PM
Are all of those REQUIRED, or can you skip some of the prerequisite feats there by taking levels in Martial Monk?

animewatcha
2018-10-21, 03:40 AM
You should be able to combine battle trickster adaptation and uncanny trickster adaptation to be able to pick up i believe it was 3 feats that relate to offense and 3 feats that relate to defense and mobility.

bean illus
2018-10-21, 09:11 AM
You should be able to combine battle trickster adaptation and uncanny trickster adaptation to be able to pick up i believe it was 3 feats that relate to offense and 3 feats that relate to defense and mobility.

This needs 6 skill tricks, and a total of 62 skill points. Also ...

"... your total skill tricks cannot exceed one-half your character level (rounded up)."

So 11th level, or 5.6 points per level. Unless it was an Int focused (martial) character you would invest greatly for those. Nearly everything.

IF you got a dm to say yes, you would get 6 feats and 2 caster levels.

Uncanny trickster alone would be better. Th caster levels could stack the cleric/ordained champion/contemplative and maybe squeeze 4th level spells?

animewatcha
2018-10-21, 04:10 PM
You don't need 6 tricks. You just need four tricks and 4 skills ranks of 8 ranks. The bab 5 is main thing to worry about. 1 level of battle trickster and then use uncanny to advance battle trickster. OP asked for feats and that is what i provided.

bean illus
2018-10-21, 05:34 PM
You don't need 6 tricks. You just need four tricks and 4 skills ranks of 8 ranks. The bab 5 is main thing to worry about. 1 level of battle trickster and then use uncanny to advance battle trickster. OP asked for feats and that is what i provided.

1. That was the dumbest thing I've said all week.
2. Woah. Using UT to advance BT while getting 6 in 4. If the dm okays the UA adaption that's handy.

Since i had the notes, i organized them.
This build needs weapon focus, which totals 19 feats needed.

1. Human Paragon1: h1, lvl2, able learner
2. Fighter1: ff3
3. F2: ff4, lvl5
4. Monk1: IUS6, bf7
5. Monk2: bf8
6 Martial rogue1: ff9, lvl10
7. Mr2: ff11
8. Cloistered cleric1*: (domain= knowledge, time, OPEN) t= imp initiative12
9. Ordained champion1: weapon focus (ius), ff13+14
10. Hparagon2*: bf15
11. Contemplative1*: drow= lightning reflexes16
12. Xclass : lvl17

There's most all of it in 12 levels, plus able learner (which makes it easier), and wf ius, as well as 3rd level cleric casting.

But prereqs include 13 in 5 different stats.
14, 14, 12 - 13, 14, 13 = 32 points
Best i could see for melee combat.

Don't know what OP had in mind for the build, but it could be rearranged to 7th level cleric spells (arcane is feasible with uncanny trickster?). Or it could easily fit a 10 level prc. Chameleon comes to mind for the ability boons, and the ton of self buffs.

Or ...
mRogue2/F2/monk2/psywar2/Btrikster1/UT3
12 levels for 15 feats +5/levels =20, 'any' race.

animewatcha
2018-10-22, 03:32 AM
The warrior ( normally npc class ) also has fighter bonus feat progression.

Silly Name
2018-10-22, 03:34 AM
The warrior ( normally npc class ) also has fighter bonus feat progression.

1) It doesn't.

2) Even if it did, why would you take levels in Warrior instead of Fighter?

OgresAreCute
2018-10-22, 03:47 AM
1) It doesn't.

2) Even if it did, why would you take levels in Warrior instead of Fighter?

They probably mixed it up with the UA Generic Warrior. You might take levels in that instead of fighter (if allowed) since it has 2 bonus feats on the first two levels (like a fighter), so Fighter 2/Warrior 2 has 4 bonus feats while Fighter 4 only has 3.

Silly Name
2018-10-22, 06:09 AM
Hm, right. Do people actually allow the Generic Classes along with normal classes? I honestly wouldn't mix them - apart from shenanigans like the one you mentioned, Generic Classes are overall weaker than any base class.

OgresAreCute
2018-10-22, 06:30 AM
Hm, right. Do people actually allow the Generic Classes along with normal classes? I honestly wouldn't mix them - apart from shenanigans like the one you mentioned, Generic Classes are overall weaker than any base class.

UA itself tells you expressly not to, but I guess it couldn't hurt if you're already a high-OP table.