PDA

View Full Version : Is there a spell that lets you look like a different creature?

sorcererlover
2018-10-20, 01:33 PM
Something like Disguise Self except it lets you change body type. Not polymorph, I just want to look like one not be one.

Deophaun
2018-10-20, 02:06 PM
Veil. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/veil.htm) Character Limit

BassoonHero
2018-10-20, 04:25 PM
Sheesh. There really needs to be a second- or third-level effect for this that's more flexible than disguise self but doesn't work on an entire crowd of creatures, at long range, all day, affecting every sense.

Thunder999
2018-10-20, 04:52 PM
It's a bit iffy, but perhaps major image of a sufficiently large creature covering you, it's not technically a disguise, so much as it's an illusion of another creature that grants you cover/concealment. Not really how the spell is meant to be used, but I figure if you can hide in an illusory box then this is just a very fancy looking box.

Darrin
2018-10-20, 05:33 PM
Sheesh. There really needs to be a second- or third-level effect for this that's more flexible than disguise self but doesn't work on an entire crowd of creatures, at long range, all day, affecting every sense.

There is. It's called deceptive facade (Complete Mage).

Given how 3.x went through all the bother to define how figments and glamers work, you'd think they'd have come up with such a spell earlier in the product line.

Mike Miller
2018-10-20, 05:40 PM
Something like Disguise Self except it lets you change body type. Not polymorph, I just want to look like one not be one.

How about Alter Self?

Cruiser1
2018-10-20, 07:12 PM

There is. It's called deceptive facade (Complete Mage).
Unfortunately, Deceptive Facade doesn't allow you to change your body type. It operates like Disguise Self, except it can be cast on other creatures (and it allows glamering objects in a limited fashion too). That means it has the same limitations as Disguise Self, and can't change your body type, and can only change your clothing and appearance within your type.

ezekielraiden
2018-10-20, 11:31 PM
Given this is a 3rd level spell, you'd think a self-only form-changing spell wouldn't be higher than 4th level.