PDA

View Full Version : [Talisman] I have 4th edition!

Kiero
2007-09-18, 05:38 AM
I pre-ordered this a while ago, and wasn't expecting it to arrive until October, but it showed up this morning.

Looks pretty nifty, there's a return to second edition in places, with cardstock instead of miniatures for the characters, and the artwork is reminiscent of it too. Also a return to the old endgame, 3e's version is an optional "Sudden Death" variant to speed the game up.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but looking forward to it. Hopefully I can persuade my friends that it won't take six hours like the OotS game does...

banjo1985
2007-09-18, 05:48 AM
I played a trial version of this at a games expo earlier this year, and I must say I'm envious.

Talisman is one of the greatest games available and I for one am very happy the new edition is out! Up to the local games shop for me I think!

EDIT - Oh, and Talisman takes a fair while, at least in my experience, might cut down on 6 hours though!

Winterwind
2007-09-18, 05:54 AM
I have a sixteen years old Polish edition of that game, with a couple expansions. It is so awesome that my German friends like to play it now and then, and by now know what all of the cards mean, in spite of not speaking a Polish word. :smallsmile:

Kiero
2007-09-18, 07:44 AM
EDIT - Oh, and Talisman takes a fair while, at least in my experience, might cut down on 6 hours though!

I've routinely had games last less than 3 - but then I don't play with hardcore boardgamers or the like, just people who like messing about for fun.

banjo1985
2007-09-18, 08:01 AM
I have to say, it usually takes us 4 hours for a game, so it's much better than 6, and we've had a few that were done in around 3 hours. I suppose any boadgame can drag in a given situation!

Kiero
2007-09-18, 05:58 PM
We're currently playing a 2-player game that's dragged on. I think that's because not having any other players removes any sense of immediacy and encourages turtling. Must be around the 3 hour mark by now, and we haven't finished yet. Sitting on the dining table waiting to be resolved tomorrow. :smallbiggrin: