PDA

View Full Version : Yet another "How the Story Will End" thread.

ReaderAt2046
2018-10-20, 08:12 PM
I predict:

Hel's vote is defeated, Veldrina joins the Order (this will be important later).
Redcloak and Xykon will find the Gate just in time for the Order to arrive.
Durkon will try and negotiate with Redcloak, and something he says will cause Xykon to catch onto the true Plan.
There is a colossal fight between the Order, Redcloak, and Xykon+MITD, during which the last Gate gets destroyed.
Durkon tells Redcloak that TDO will probably not survive the time between worlds, and gets Redcloak to believe him.
Redcloak (purple), Durkon (yellow), Veldrina (red), and Lien (blue) channel energy into the ritual to spotweld the rift, restabilizing it.
...?
Profit!

Kish
2018-10-20, 08:16 PM
Where would Lien be getting ninth-level spells?

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-20, 09:52 PM

Not to mention how they only need Redcloak to supply a ninth level spell, the rest the gods already have an abundance of blue yellow and red quiddity

Mandor
2018-10-20, 10:19 PM
Always go with the Vorlon's answer. Babylon 5, Kosh (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_jNklBqVCA)

Peelee
2018-10-20, 10:33 PM

Or Durkon, for that matter?

Kish
2018-10-20, 10:52 PM
I'll be surprised if Durkon can't cast ninth-level spells by the end of the seventh book.
Veldrina, sure, why not.
Redcloak is already established there.
Lien will never in her life cast ninth-level spells unless she goes thoroughly epic and spends her epic feats in a weird way.

Rrmcklin
2018-10-20, 11:11 PM
Durkon will be a level lower than when he was killed when he's revived right? Do we know what level he was before he died?

Bad Wolf
2018-10-21, 12:23 AM
Veldrina's just a cameo appearance, right? I don't think she's coming back.

But hey, at least it's not another thread on how Banjo will save the day, so kudos.

ti'esar
2018-10-21, 05:31 AM

Veldrina is the Kickstarter cameo character, yes, so she 100 percent will not be joining the Order. I don't think that rules out a brief appearance if the story needs a bit-part Western divine caster, but I suppose that's ultimately between Rich and the donor.

As with Kish, though, I'm really more puzzled why the OP picked Lien of all people as the Southern Pantheon's divine caster.

Fyraltari
2018-10-21, 05:39 AM

But hey, at least it's not another thread on how Banjo will save the day, so kudos.

Well technically she is but the Giant delayed the cameo to have her take over a role that fitted her he needed a character for, ie she got to be the Western delegate rather than just walk by in one panel.

Emanick
2018-10-21, 06:18 AM
Durkon will be a level lower than when he was killed when he's revived right? Do we know what level he was before he died?

He seems to have hit level 15 on the day he died, so he'd probably come back at level 14. Plot-wise, he'll probably hit level 17 by the end, but I admit I'm not sure how he'd have time to gain three levels.

ReaderAt2046
2018-10-21, 12:12 PM
Veldrina is the Kickstarter cameo character, yes, so she 100 percent will not be joining the Order. I don't think that rules out a brief appearance if the story needs a bit-part Western divine caster, but I suppose that's ultimately between Rich and the donor.

As with Kish, though, I'm really more puzzled why the OP picked Lien of all people as the Southern Pantheon's divine caster.

Because she is already present at the final Gate.

martianmister
2018-10-21, 05:53 PM
Because she is already present at the final Gate.

Why not O-Chul?

Emanick
2018-10-21, 07:56 PM
Why not O-Chul?

Lien has more levels in Paladin, so while I agree that it’s absurd to suggest that she could cast 9th level spells (without, as Kish says, becoming epic and choosing a very suboptimal set of feats), she is at least technically closer to being able to do so than O-Chul is. O-Chul, to my knowledge, can’t even cast paladin spells yet.

Kish
2018-10-21, 09:00 PM
Not actually unless her character level, not just her class level, is higher than O-Chul's, which I kind of doubt.

14 levels of paladin in the first 20 levels bring someone as close to ninth-level spells as they'll ever get from paladin levels.

Emanick
2018-10-21, 10:16 PM
Not actually unless her character level, not just her class level, is higher than O-Chul's, which I kind of doubt.

14 levels of paladin in the first 20 levels bring someone as close to ninth-level spells as they'll ever get from paladin levels.

That’s a good point, but I expect Lien has more than six more paladins levels than O-Chul does. They both seem to be in the double digits, and the most likely reason for O-Chul not having a mount is that he hasn’t hit 5th level yet (though, of course, there could be an alternative explanation).

Kish
2018-10-21, 10:32 PM
Right before he started taking paladin levels, O-Chul got beaten up by a Miko who had not taken any paladin levels yet.

Recognizing that Rich doesn't care much about this kind of mechanical detail, I still consider that incompatible with O-Chul having as many as six fighter levels, and in light of the timing and their age differences I would be very surprised to learn of a character level difference which takes the form of Lien being higher level than O-Chul.

D.One
2018-10-26, 02:03 PM
I predict:

Hel's vote is defeated, Veldrina joins the Order (this will be important later).
Redcloak and Xykon will find the Gate just in time for the Order to arrive.
Durkon will try and negotiate with Redcloak, and something he says will cause Xykon to catch onto the true Plan.
There is a colossal fight between the Order, Redcloak, and Xykon+MITD, during which the last Gate gets destroyed.
Durkon tells Redcloak that TDO will probably not survive the time between worlds, and gets Redcloak to believe him.
Redcloak (purple), Durkon (yellow), Veldrina (red), and Lien (blue) channel energy into the ritual to spotweld the rift, restabilizing it.
...?
Profit!

Right before he started taking paladin levels, O-Chul got beaten up by a Miko who had not taken any paladin levels yet.

Recognizing that Rich doesn't care much about this kind of mechanical detail, I still consider that incompatible with O-Chul having as many as six fighter levels, and in light of the timing and their age differences I would be very surprised to learn of a character level difference which takes the form of Lien being higher level than O-Chul.

I believe the main point about Durkon, Veldrina and Lien providing any spell slots is that such slots won't probably be needed.

Not to mention how they only need Redcloak to supply a ninth level spell, the rest the gods already have an abundance of blue yellow and red quiddity

Just that.