PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Leadership in Class

Jollygreen326
2018-10-21, 12:50 PM
So I really want to be able to use the Leadership feat in my upcoming game, and my buddy who is running it says that given both of our tendencies to make ridiculously broken characters the only way he would allow the Leadership feat is if it were part of the class I chose because it is too powerful to have just for 1 feat. I still want to do this but I don't know what all ways I can get that feature. I think there are a few cavalier types that get you leadership, does anyone know any others?

JNAProductions
2018-10-21, 03:06 PM
Is this 3.5?

If so, Thrallherd.

Jollygreen326
2018-10-21, 07:48 PM
Sorry, I should have said, this is Pathfinder exclusive

Honest Tiefling
2018-10-21, 08:19 PM
Pretty sure one method is to make a nobility domain cleric, but that only comes online at 8th level. It does get a minor boost if you uphold the tenets of your deity, which may or may not be an issue.

MrCharisma
2018-10-22, 12:11 AM
The Sentinel Prestige class grants leadership at level 8 (minimum character level 13). It's fairly flavourful and a reasonable full BAB class. If you look up "Walter's guide to Deific Obedience" you can find a lot of information about which god to choose (saves you looking everything up seperately).

(Sorry I can't remember how to post links in this forum)

Silly Name
2018-10-23, 09:39 AM
Alternative solution: couldn't you and your DM make a gentleman's agreement that your cohort will not be a ridiculously overpowered character?

Failing that, do you want a normal cohort, or would you and/or your DM be ok with the various "X Cohort" feats (Dragon Cohort, Undead Cohort, Wild Cohort...)?

Jollygreen326
2018-10-24, 07:11 PM
Silly, we have had those agreements before and I decided to not even bring my last cohort into combat and thus a crafter wizard was born that nearly doubled the value of all of our gold. Neither of us can be trusted not to powergame so he decided a restriction like this would allow us to mitigate that rise in power with a reduction in power in another way. Also to be clear there is no 3rd party material allowed. I think the Noble Scion prestige class also has Leadership in class, so I guess that's another option.

Jollygreen326
2018-10-25, 12:54 AM
The Sentinel Prestige class grants leadership at level 8 (minimum character level 13). It's fairly flavourful and a reasonable full BAB class. If you look up "Walter's guide to Deific Obedience" you can find a lot of information about which god to choose (saves you looking everything up seperately).

(Sorry I can't remember how to post links in this forum)

Thanks I had completely forgot about that one.

LibraryOgre
2018-10-25, 09:36 AM
Sorry, I should have said, this is Pathfinder exclusive

Then to the Pathfinder Board it goes!

Goaty14
2018-10-25, 09:46 AM
Why not ask your DM to make a character to be your cohort? They're NPCs anyways, so the player shouldn't necessarily have control over them. Other benefits include:
-The DM getting emotionally attached to your cohort (and thus more likely to get benefits/etc)
-The DM being fully aware that whatever he/she makes will be balanced to his/her liking (and thus any imbalances coming from the NPC is his/her fault)

Ellrin
2018-10-25, 01:02 PM
The Cult Master (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/occult-adventures/occult-classes/mesmerist/archetypes/paizo-llc-mesmerist-archetypes/cult-master-mesmerist-archetype/) Mesmerist loses a few combat options to pick up Leadership at level 7, as well as letting him be a total ass to his followers without lowering his leadership score.

Quarian Rex
2018-10-25, 01:02 PM
Take a look at the Daring General (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/Cavalier/archetypes/paizo-cavalier-archetypes/daring-general-cavalier-archetype) Cavalier archetype. It doubles down on the Leadership idea, stripping magical options while providing new martial ones. See what you think.

P.S. - Seconding the Cult Master as another cool option.

Jollygreen326
2018-10-25, 04:11 PM
Then to the Pathfinder Board it goes!

Sorry about that, I don't post at all and the procedure is a new to me

Jollygreen326
2018-10-25, 04:15 PM
Daring general looks amazing in a certain type of campaign and it certainly does have the loss of power given its loss of a bunch of feats. The Cult Master on the other hand is so flavorful it hurts and while it seems like a more NPC focused archetype I can easily see that being super good in an evil campaign.