PDA

View Full Version : For the love of God, where are those "templates"?

Dhoule
2018-10-22, 06:52 PM
Wikipedia says that the celestial creature templates first appeared in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and the revised 3.5 Monster Manual (2003). I'm looking, I swear. But I can't find it anywhere. So, let's say I cast Summon monster III, and I summon a celestial bison. Where, in the Monster Manual (2003) can I find what being a celestial means, in terms of changing the "special" bison I just summoned?

I need the information from the Monster Manual, not from some webs around there :/

Thanks!

Deophaun
2018-10-22, 06:58 PM
Did you try under "C?"

Otherwise, here's a link to the SRD entry. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/celestialCreature.htm)

Better help: 3.5 Monster Manual, page 31. Has a picture of a carrion crawler just above it.

Dhoule
2018-10-22, 07:13 PM
Well, mine is in Spanish, so the pages don't match.

But it actually gave me an idea. There is a glossary at the end, with every Spanish "name" also in English, so it'd be easier to search something, just in case. And there it was, "Celestial Creature"!

I couldn't find it before, because I was looking for it around the end of the book, not between creatures ^^u

Thank you!

Luccan
2018-10-22, 07:38 PM
Yeah, templates (at least in the English version) tend to be in the regular creatures section, not in a special section.

Quertus
2018-10-22, 08:36 PM
Yeah, templates (at least in the English version) tend to be in the regular creatures section, not in a special section.

In 3.5. In 3.0, they were at the end.