PDA

View Full Version : DM Help SIGIL's maze - advice

KQMOLLE
2018-10-23, 07:02 AM
Hi I hope you can help me with som ideas of how play out The Maze in Sigil
The Party of 5 PCs (6-7th level) have to enter the Maze to find som ancient being hiding in there.
Here are som details that I have had fledged out for the characters:
- The maze is a prison that has existed for millennia
- The maze is under control of the Lady of Pain
- It is a copy of Sigil, ever changing, grey and windy, barren and dry
- Overgrown with Razorvine (the only thing you can eat)
- All creatures exist in their own "layer" of the Maze, condemned to eternal loneliness and the tiny spark of hope to find the way out.
- The Party have undergone som psionic ritual by a maze-seeing Githyanki that has involved the players getting to now each other better - involving som really roleplaying background storytelling. The idea is that this will make them able to "see" each other wile in the maze.

I plan for the maze to be 2-3 sessions that in game time maybe could result in them being in there for years.
- It's a cruel place, they have to eat razorvine
- magic doesn't come back when expended (it takes weeks)
- I will

What criminals will they meet? ideas for both social- and battle encounters?
What creatures?
What environments?
Any advice for using the Insanity-rules from pathfinder or other sources?
How do they navigate the maze.
How do they find the ancient creature? (som puzzle?)
How do they get out?

All ideas are appreciated.

Man_Over_Game
2018-10-23, 10:56 AM
Hi I hope you can help me with som ideas of how play out The Maze in Sigil
The Party of 5 PCs (6-7th level) have to enter the Maze to find som ancient being hiding in there.
Here are som details that I have had fledged out for the characters:
- The maze is a prison that has existed for millennia
- The maze is under control of the Lady of Pain
- It is a copy of Sigil, ever changing, grey and windy, barren and dry
- Overgrown with Razorvine (the only thing you can eat)
- All creatures exist in their own "layer" of the Maze, condemned to eternal loneliness and the tiny spark of hope to find the way out.
- The Party have undergone som psionic ritual by a maze-seeing Githyanki that has involved the players getting to now each other better - involving som really roleplaying background storytelling. The idea is that this will make them able to "see" each other wile in the maze.

I plan for the maze to be 2-3 sessions that in game time maybe could result in them being in there for years.
- It's a cruel place, they have to eat razorvine
- magic doesn't come back when expended (it takes weeks)
- I will

What criminals will they meet? ideas for both social- and battle encounters?
What creatures?
What environments?
Any advice for using the Insanity-rules from pathfinder or other sources?
How do they navigate the maze.
How do they find the ancient creature? (som puzzle?)
How do they get out?

All ideas are appreciated.

I'm vaguely familiar with Planescape, Sigil, and the Mazings, but you might have better luck in the Roleplaying Games or the D20 Games section, since there's no references in 5E with this kind of information, and a severe lack of players with any kind of experience in this field. Since most of what you're asking is designed around flavor vs. mechanics (and so it doesn't really matter what system you're asking under), you'll probably get better hits elsewhere.

KQMOLLE
2018-10-23, 01:56 PM
I'm vaguely familiar with Planescape, Sigil, and the Mazings, but you might have better luck in the Roleplaying Games or the D20 Games section, since there's no references in 5E with this kind of information, and a severe lack of players with any kind of experience in this field. Since most of what you're asking is designed around flavor vs. mechanics (and so it doesn't really matter what system you're asking under), you'll probably get better hits elsewhere.

Thanks alot for that reply - I will post the thread elsewhere.

Segev
2018-10-23, 02:51 PM
Also, you repeatedly spell "some" as "som." You may wish to correct that.