PDA

View Full Version : Tob lover stuff

Guyr Adamantine
2007-09-18, 12:06 PM
This comes from my delightful and Tob-loving mind.(PEACH it!!!)

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/tob_gallery/99692.jpg

Variant:

Shield Artist
Every swordsage has it's own favorite schools either for attack or defense.Some blade wizards dislike focusing on any path, instead choosing to bear a shield as the rightful companion of the sword.
Level:1st
Replaces:If you select this class feature, you give up the discipline focus class feature.
Benefit:You gain proficiency with the light shield, and keep your wisdom-bonus to AC while bearing it.
You may use a light shield as your secondary weapon, gaining Two-Weapon Fighting if wearing no more than light armor.
At 9th level you gain Improved Two-Weapon Fighting if wearing no more than light armor.
At 15th level you gain Two-Weapon Fighting Mastery if wearing no more than light armor.

Feats:

Blade instinct
The Wise know that mere might behind a blade or fists isn't meaningful in combat. One must believe and follow his own senses to win a fight.
Requirements: AC Bonus class feature, +3 Base attack bonus
Benefit:You may apply your wisdom bonus instead of your strength bonus on melee attacks.

Wise swordmaster
Many warblade sharing the love of combat prefer to rely more on instinct than knowledge while dueling.
Requirements: Battle insight, warblade level 1
Benefit:You may apply your wisdom bonus instead of intelligence to your ''Battle'' abilities. The same goes to all your martial maneuvres despite their respective base abilities.

Versatility monkey
Your special training among many different paths of the Sublime Way has teached you how to balance your strenghts.
Requirements: Initiator level 2, Multiclassed character, 3 Martial maneuvres, 1 Stance
Benefit: Whenever you have different Initiator Levels for your classes, you may always take the highest.

Guyr Adamantine
2007-10-16, 03:47 PM
Will you answer, you annoying bunch of knowledgeable, fiendish geeks!:smallfurious:

namo
2007-10-17, 10:04 AM
Versatility Monkey seems abusable, since the IL also determines which maneuvers you can learn.

Shield Artist is interesting. Blade Instinct should probably impose a restriction on which weapons it applies to (see Weapon Finesse and Intuitive Attack (BoED feat)). Wise Swordmaster is ok but lacking in flavor ("I want to multiclass between Swordsage and Warblade and not have MAD").

Guyr Adamantine
2007-10-17, 11:00 AM
Versatility Monkey seems abusable, since the IL also determines which maneuvers you can learn.
Yes, but it will only make a difference at high level, and with multiclassing being as is, it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Shield Artist is interesting.
I thought so.

Blade Instinct should probably impose a restriction on which weapons it applies to (see Weapon Finesse and Intuitive Attack (BoED feat)).
I own BoED and didn't wanted to play exalted, so I kinda cheated here, but watch the new version!

Blade instinct
The Wise know that mere might behind a blade or fists isn't meaningful in combat. One must believe and follow his own senses to win a fight.
Requirements: AC Bonus class feature, +3 Base attack bonus, Weapon Focus
Benefit:You may apply your wisdom bonus instead of your strength bonus on melee attacks with weapons you have weapon focus with.

Wise Swordmaster is ok but lacking in flavor ("I want to multiclass between Swordsage and Warblade and not have MAD").
I am guilty of trying to build a multiclassed martial adept. This feat is only showing it. Sorry for what might seem ''munchkinising'', folks!

P.S.: Thanks for the answer! I posted a month ago without response.