PDA

View Full Version : Telepathy or Telekinesis?

Setra
2007-09-18, 01:09 PM
Which would you choose?

By the way, when I say Telepathy I mean the following:
Mind Reading
Ability to alter thoughts to varying extremes (ie. You could make them see purple elephants but not make them do something they would never do, well not of their own will, you could literally force their body to act as you wish with some concentration)

And Telekinesis along the lines of:
Ability to move or apply force equal to about a ton, with your brain.

Each has a range of about a mile.

I'd go with Telepathy.

Skippy
2007-09-18, 01:13 PM
Telepathy FTW. I can move things by myself, thank you. This opposable thumbs are still useful, but I'd like to be able to know for certain what people think. Even if it hurts sometimes...

Eldred
2007-09-18, 01:15 PM
Telekinesis sounds good. Especially if you could move stuff really fast. It wouldn't be so fun if stuff moved too slowly.

And I'm liking the 1 mile range. You could do some good practical jokes with that! :smallsmile:

Hannes
2007-09-18, 01:16 PM
Telekinesis, all the way. I have gotten away with not reading people's thoughts for so far, I can still manage. But there have been cases in which telekinesis would have been wanted. Also, superhero ftw!

Winterwind
2007-09-18, 01:16 PM
Definitely Telepathy (provided it can be turned off). Truly understanding others is about the greatest gift one could wish for.

PlatinumJester
2007-09-18, 01:19 PM
Telepathy for the blackmailing abilities but with Telekinisis I could be a super hero.

Flips Coin.

Telekinisis then.

GimliFett
Definitely Telepathy (provided it can be turned off). Truly understanding others is about the greatest gift one could wish for.

Seconded on the TP off-switch! Otherwise, TK.

FdL
Telepathy.
Telekinesis is cool, but IMHO the physical world is limited and/or limiting. The realm of the mind is endless, as each mind is a universe by itself.

Captain van der Decken
2007-09-18, 01:20 PM
Telepathy all the way. Pretty damn useful indeed, and more useful than telekinesis, I'd think.

Evil_Pacifist
2007-09-18, 01:34 PM
Reading people's minds seems morally wrong to me. Telekinesis sounds like more fun. You could use it to levitate, and stuff.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-18, 01:42 PM
Okay who is more powerfull Sylar or Officer Parkman?

Telekinesis FTW!

GimliFett
2007-09-18, 01:44 PM
Okay who is more powerfull Sylar or Officer Parkman?

Telekinesis FTW!

I'll take Peter. :smallbiggrin: Peter FTW!

Vuurmeester
2007-09-18, 01:49 PM
With telepathy I would have the ability to truly understand women, however it would also be a terrible intrusion of privacy.

Intrusion of privacy is a bad thing, right? (Still busy learning to be evil)

Thus, telepathy it is.

CrazedGoblin
2007-09-18, 01:50 PM
id go for Telekinesis, as with telepathy it kind of defeats the fun of life hehe

tannish2
2007-09-18, 01:58 PM
well depending on how precise it was i could learn a bit more about the human brain and telekinesis would be just as good as telepathy (or almost as) for that, AND i could play video games... WITH MY MIND... but if it wasnt surgery level precision then telepathy i guess.... probably wouldnt read peoples minds though unless i was going for a supervillian type thing, which, knowing me, i might.

but what about pyrokinesis? setting things on fire with my mind would have a cool factor that would completely pwn the crap out of the other 2, sure it wouldnt be anywhere near as useful but... "give me the money, or i will set you on fire with my mind" "wtf? hell no ill get fired" *poof* "ok, YOU give me the money"

ocato
2007-09-18, 02:02 PM
ME: "Hey, I wonder what that cute girl is thinking" WHA WHA WHA (sound of telekinesis)

Girl: "Why is that ugly nerd staring at me?"

ME: "I changed my mind, I want to murder things now please."

CrazedGoblin
2007-09-18, 02:02 PM
but what about pyrokinesis? setting things on fire with my mind would have a cool factor that would completely pwn the crap out of the other 2, sure it wouldnt be anywhere near as useful but... "give me the money, or i will set you on fire with my mind" "wtf? hell no ill get fired" *poof* "ok, YOU give me the money"

is that a reference to a said prestige class with the requirements of watching a building burn down just for fun?:smallbiggrin:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-18, 02:14 PM
This is by far the toughest choice I've ever had to make. But in the end I think I'd go with Telekinesis. I'm just that lazy... That and I want to force-push people.:smalltongue:

Dihan
2007-09-18, 02:14 PM
Telekinesis. There are times when I'd love to just throw someone/thing around a bit :smallbiggrin:

MandibleBones
2007-09-18, 02:15 PM
Telekinesis.

Wingless flight, mind bullets and pro-projectiles for the win.

(Also the ability to bounce/run via limited TK to improve my runtime and to continue lifting myself well past what would normally be the point of exhaustion in push-ups - never worrying about my PT score again for the win as well).

Does TK burn calories? A question for the ages.

Ceres
2007-09-18, 02:18 PM
As a psychology-student I would have to choose telepathy :smallsmile:

gooddragon1
2007-09-18, 02:34 PM
Telekinesis. If telepathy were possible through an altered brain and you were smart enough to use your telekinesis to create a separate brain to store your consciousness, then you could modify the primary, merge the two later, increase your size to make your head look normal size, and have telepathy as well as telekinesis. But really, since much of the universe is energy and matter, wouldn't having control over energy as well as matter to a lesser extent allow you to do much more than telepathy?

Arang
2007-09-18, 02:47 PM
Well, telekinesis is the Swiss Army knife of superpowers. Off the top of my head, you get flight, super strength, super speed, semi-infinite time under water, heat powers and the telekinesis itself. There's pretty much nothing it can't do.

Aside from telepathy. And it comes with limited mind control you say? That makes it tough. I'll have to go with telekinesis, though only barely. I'd never lose a footrace again.

GimliFett
2007-09-18, 02:50 PM
I'd never lose a footrace again.

:use Telepathy: Wait here, I'll go get help...

I still don't lose the footrace... :smallbiggrin:

Kaelaroth
2007-09-18, 02:50 PM
Telekinesis. A vast array of abilities.

I wouldn't like telepathy, as the idea of knowing what other people think about me scares the living daylights out of my dark, crystalline soul.

Telonius
2007-09-18, 02:53 PM
Telepathy. If I need to move something that weighs a ton, I'll befriend somebody in the construction industry and use my telepathy on them.

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-18, 02:53 PM
Telekinesis. You can do a great Darth Vader impression. "I find your lack of faith disturbing." *chokes some random guy* :smallbiggrin:

Getting around is a snap. You can just levitate!

And with telepathy... Do I really want to know what other people are thinking? Filthy, filthy thoughts. :eek:

Zherog
2007-09-18, 02:57 PM
And with telepathy... Do I really want to know what other people are thinking? Filthy, filthy thoughts. :eek:

And this is why I'd pick telepathy. http://www.majik.be/smilies/uptosomething.gif

Ichneumon
2007-09-18, 02:59 PM
I so want telepathy. I am a telepath!

Vuzzmop
2007-09-18, 03:22 PM
Telepathy. All the way. Telekinesis would be fun, with the flying and the lifting, and the oy it hurts me gahoyven! But telepathy would be far more useful, with the thinking and controlling and brains oh my!

Cyrano
2007-09-18, 03:40 PM
Telekinesis: Super strength, speed, and flight, plus pyrokinesis and cryokinesis (assuming the control is infinite, you can excite or still molecules.)

Telepathy: Projecting Elisha Cuthbert/ George Clooney onto your body at all times.

Telepathy please.

BlackStaticWolf
2007-09-18, 04:37 PM
Telepathy. In my line of work it would provide an insurmountable advantage.

Telekinesis would be fun, but it really wouldn't let me do anything that couldn't be done with technology.

sktarq
2007-09-18, 06:16 PM
Telepathy

Make people see purple elephants and the like-great trick at parties. Some druggies I know would love that.

Hmmm comand-"Hey, the twenty of you all together now move this"...right I can match that telekenetic now

Albub
2007-09-18, 06:34 PM
Let's get cereal here, you'd get real tired real quick with telekinesis. Think about it, moving things around is a lot more work than thinking, and the energy required to move stuff has got to come from somewhere. On top of that, with telepathy you could trick people in to moving things for you. Brilliant!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-18, 06:43 PM
Telepathy for me, definitely.

FdL
2007-09-18, 07:43 PM
Telekinesis. There are times when I'd love to just throw someone/thing around a bit :smallbiggrin:

Use your hands Luke, give in to the Dark Side.

Green Bean
2007-09-18, 07:45 PM
Telekinesis. Some things I'd rather not know.

Daze
2007-09-18, 07:49 PM
As posed in the original question here, I'd have to say telepathy... particulary if you could alter the thoughts and behaviors of those around you. The power potential is that much greater (heck you could make a bulldozer operator move something for ya, so who'd need telekinesis then?)

However... I felt your description for telekinesis was too limited.

If you upped the tonnage up to a few hundred (or thousand!) and added some differing definition to it such as pyrokinesis (*grin*) and some kind of mental force bolt... it be harder to refuse to choose that! *zap*

Tengu
2007-09-18, 07:50 PM
Tough choice. Telekinesis would allow me to fly and bully people I don't like - but I would be able to do the latter with telepathy too, only in a different way, and reading people's thoughts would give me excellent grades at my uni... hmm, I think telepathy is a bit more useful overall.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-18, 07:55 PM
As a psychology-student I would have to choose telepathy :smallsmile:

As a family therapist, I'd choose Telekenesis. What the hell'd I go to all that school for, if I can just read your damn thoughts?

I say gimme a power that allows me to pour my coffee from the other room while I'm on the forum, freakin' you all out with my already deadly mind-reading powers... :smallamused:

ForzaFiori
2007-09-18, 08:02 PM
telepathy.

I'd love to know what chicks are thinking sometimes.

LordVader
2007-09-18, 08:17 PM
Telepathy is my pick. But Telekenisis would be very useful in home break-ins, muggings, etc- nothing like stuff flying through the air into the back of someone's head.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-18, 08:22 PM
Ha! I laugh at your "telepathy". You want to know what I think about you? Watch out for that big rock I've just levitated above your head... :smallamused:

LordVader
2007-09-18, 08:23 PM
Of course, I'd know there was a rock above my head, thus giving me plenty of time to dodge and jump you, anticipating your every move and rendering your defensive attempts useless.:smallamused:

ForzaFiori
2007-09-18, 08:23 PM
Ha! I laugh at your "telepathy". You want to know what I think about you? Watch out for that big rock I've just levitated above your head... :smallamused:

ah, but we would know what you were doing, and be able to move, and to make you think were somewhere else.

Pyro
2007-09-18, 08:49 PM
I dunno deciding is hard. Telepathy is cool cuz I could get inside peoples head and freak them out. Then again people probably aren't thinking as many cool things as you would like.

Telekinesis is pretty cool. Also fun and good for practical jokes. I think telekinesis has a larger cool factor than telepathy.

I say telepathy for now, but I'll probably change my mind later.

gooddragon1
2007-09-18, 09:20 PM
Yes, you realize that I have my rock positioned above my head and somehow manage to dodge it, I crush your brain inside your skull right after you realize how screwed you are. The only saving grace of telepathy would be mind control, but its useless against stuff that is entirely mechanical in nature whereas telekinesis works against both.

Setra
2007-09-19, 07:20 AM
Yes, you realize that I have my rock positioned above my head and somehow manage to dodge it, I crush your brain inside your skull right after you realize how screwed you are. The only saving grace of telepathy would be mind control, but its useless against stuff that is entirely mechanical in nature whereas telekinesis works against both.
Well good luck finding something totally mechnical in nature not piloted by SOMEONE.

If they pilot a tank, Bam! Suddenly an enemy 'tank' is right where his friends were.

If they're gonna shoot you, well suddenly you just appeared behind them, when they turn to shoot at 'you', you smack em in the back of the head with a crowbar or something.

If they're gonna use Telekinesis, well good luck using that on someone who you just denied the ability to see you, or suddenly EVERYONE looks like you. Wear em down.

If you upped the tonnage up to a few hundred (or thousand!) and added some differing definition to it such as pyrokinesis (*grin*) and some kind of mental force bolt... it be harder to refuse to choose that! *zap*
That's just it, it seems 50/50 right now, why add more?

Also, anything telekinesis can do, Telepathy can make everyone think you can do better than the guy with telekinesis. >.>

smellie_hippie
2007-09-19, 07:22 AM
Meh. I still say telekenesis is cooler. I can roll my d20 with my brain.
You might know that I want to roll a Nat 20... but I can make it happen! :smallamused:

AtomicKitKat
2007-09-19, 07:45 AM
Psychokinesis FTW. Telepathy can easily get out of hand(see Jean Grey, X-Men Evolution. Buffy episode: Earshot. And so on). I already have enough thoughts flying through my own head every second. Don't need another person's stupidity violating my mindpool.

Oh yeah. And for those thinking Telepathy is oh so cool and how you can read the Psychokines' minds, we can put up mental blocks. Remember. If we can set up a force field, it's probably tight enough to block mental powers as well.:smallamused:

Castaras
2007-09-19, 07:50 AM
Telepathy.

Although I'd hardly use either...It'd be useful to know what people thought of me...

Zerkai
2007-09-19, 08:02 AM
I'm glad someone mentioned psychokinesis. That would be my choice, it is the God of psychic abilities. A psychokinetic can easily use the powers of either telepath or Telekinetic. But for the sake of the two, I'd pick telekinetic. Mind control requires concentration. Removing something as light as a lung or heart from it's natural place can be done without blinking.

And if someone were to try the whole 'I can read your mind and dodge all of your moves'. Think on it, the only powers you have are mental. If you're body can't keep up with your mind, you're screwed. Telekinetics on the other hand, can makethemselves faster, or moves and unlimited amount of weapons as long as they don't weight a ton in total to attack you. Just because your mind knows somthing is going to happen, doesn't mean your body can stop it

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-09-19, 08:58 AM
I'm afraid either ability would be to much of a test of my moral codes. Power coirrupts. With the psychological defects at play in my head, the following things would happen:

Telepathy
1. Far too many women would bend to my will as I altered their thoughts. I'm a lonely man, and would likely put that to an end to that with my power.
2. Many items I purchase would be...well, free. You say people would resist the urge to do what they normally would not, but almost everyone has a giving nature, and I would play that to my advantage.
3. Should the person be a diehard individual who would not simply allow me to walk out of a store without paying, I would hand them a $100...of course, it'd really be a $1 bill that they'd see as $100, and I would not only get what I want, but make a profit along the way.
4. Picking private information from people and using it to my advantage, such as bank account information, dirty little secrets, even bigger secrets...all exposed for my use.

Telekinesis
1. Tripping people on the streets at random after they demonstrate rudeness toward me.
2. Cars that stop in a pedestrian crosswalk would find their engines in dire need of repair as I loose my power on them.
3. Those in need of a good dose of humiliation would find their clothing whisked away by invisible strings in public places.
4. Far too many fatal instances could occur should I lose my temper. (I should note that I rarely lose my temper at all, but it does happen.)

Of course, if I could overcome such nasty temptations, it's telekinesis all the way. I really don't want to know what's on people's minds. But to move things with my mind...I could shuffle wandering children back to their parents without ever laying a hand on them in busy stores. I could help the elderly/handicapped carry groceries and the like by using my power to appear stronger than I am. It'd be nice to yank people out of the way of portential accidents. Definitely the superhero route for me with some telekinesis. Of course, it would be even better if I could have a boost and lift several tons with my mind. :smallbiggrin:

Aizle
2007-09-19, 09:19 AM
Telekinesis all the way.

Far more practical on a day to day basis.

Reinboom
2007-09-19, 09:50 AM
Telekinesis is rather obvious for most of the things I would wish to use it for - and that's something you would not wish people to know about and may lead to your demise, and the rest of the things would just get boring after a while.

Telepathy is subtle, and I would know whether someone is out to kill me.

Also, I would love to know what I could do for the people around me to make them happy.
Or forcibly turning a criminal.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-09-19, 10:04 AM
Both would be nice, but currently I'd preferably go with telepathy. Knowledge is power, not to mention it'd be a relief to actually understand what in the boop goes through people's heads.

Also would help to figure out how to win over a certain girl :smallwink:

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-19, 10:13 AM
Telepathy, I can get other people to lift things up.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-09-19, 10:15 AM
Telepathy, I can get other people to lift things up.
Hahaha! Good point...

gooddragon1
2007-09-19, 11:27 AM
telekinesis: I can make a skinny kid look like he has superhuman strength by 'lightening the load' and at the same time make him lift stuff up.

Also, pure AI ignores telepathy, that and this: Electrical signals from the brain tell the body what to do, these electrical signals are energy, telekinesis can manipulate energy, telekinesis can manipulate electrical signals from the brain, telekinesis can tell the body what to do. Telekinesis could also perhaps gauge electrical signals from the brain and maybe interpret them permitting reading of thoughts. Now this part is a stretch too: As a person gains knowledge, their brain develops crevices, perhaps it is possible to duplicate the crevices of your brain on another person and the electrical signals to make a duplicate of yourself.

Put Simply: Knowledge is a lot more power for telekinesis than telepathy.

earlblue
2007-09-19, 11:32 AM
In this day and age...

None. No telepathy or telekinesis...

Sadly, if you have one or the other ot both, scientist will lined up to cut you open, the world will shun you and execute you at the first sign of trouble.

Unless you feel like killing the whole world... or enough of it so that no one else will try and harm you or use you...

Still, it is better then the good old days when they burn you as a witch or warlock.

Of course, you can have it AND not use it... but that's as good as not having it... probably not having it is better, cause not using such special ability will probably eat your brains up.

OBeQuiet UWannaBe

gooddragon1
2007-09-19, 11:42 AM
Actually, if you want ultimate power: Absolute control over every cell in your body as if 'you' were a hivemind.

Here's how this works:

1: Find a rock
2: Manipulate the form of said rock into flesh (On the molecular level, just rearrange the structure by applying energy to create carbon or w/e, with a hive mind you're probably smart enough to think up anything as even without having all your cells thinking you can still use up 100% of you're brains potential while most people don't use nearly that much.)
3: Spread your consciousness into the rock and absorb it into your form
4: Find another rock

Next

1: After enough mass is attained develop a way for all your cells to think individually
2: Come up with a way for the cells to communicate over a distance via telepathy
3: Profit

Afterwards

1: Emulate telekinesis by having your cells think on it and generate a group of specialized cells or something
2: Implant every living thing on earth with 1 cell of yours

To take over the world, press 2 now

1: Continue to absorb mass until the entire planet becomes 'you'

Possibilities:
Create your own race
Get freaky (not going to elaborate on this...)
Become rich through the sale of material stuff
Gain knowledge via telepathy
Become a pro at counter-strike source
Host a multi-player game among yourself
Take over the world
Live forever
etc...

Amotis
2007-09-19, 11:48 AM
Telepanesis. Reading the minds of matter, time, and space.

FdL
2007-09-19, 01:26 PM
Actually, if you want ultimate power: Absolute control over every cell in your body as if 'you' were a hivemind.

Here's how this works:

1: Find a rock
2: Manipulate the form of said rock into flesh (On the molecular level, just rearrange the structure by applying energy to create carbon or w/e, with a hive mind you're probably smart enough to think up anything as even without having all your cells thinking you can still use up 100% of you're brains potential while most people don't use nearly that much.)
3: Spread your consciousness into the rock and absorb it into your form
4: Find another rock

Next

1: After enough mass is attained develop a way for all your cells to think individually
2: Come up with a way for the cells to communicate over a distance via telepathy
3: Profit

Afterwards

1: Emulate telekinesis by having your cells think on it and generate a group of specialized cells or something
2: Implant every living thing on earth with 1 cell of yours

To take over the world, press 2 now

1: Continue to absorb mass until the entire planet becomes 'you'

Possibilities:
Create your own race
Get freaky (not going to elaborate on this...)
Become rich through the sale of material stuff
Gain knowledge via telepathy
Become a pro at counter-strike source
Host a multi-player game among yourself
Take over the world
Live forever
etc...

This sounds a lot like Pun-Pun.

dsuursoo
2007-09-19, 01:43 PM
telekinesis. being able to change dirty diapers from the next room would be handy.

gooddragon1
2007-09-19, 01:51 PM
The more questionable uses of telekinesis:
While playing counterstrike, interpreting the electrical signals of the computer which has to know certain things like where your enemies are to hax without getting caught. Perfect.

dsuursoo
2007-09-19, 02:31 PM
causing skirtlifting gusts of wind would be a useful telekinetic ability.

Korith
2007-09-19, 02:54 PM
Then again, with telepathy and a lot of time on your hands, you could sculpt someone's perceptions anyway.

Besides, my affection for information and trivia demands such a power.

Yar!

Cyrano
2007-09-19, 03:12 PM
causing skirtlifting gusts of wind would be a useful telekinetic ability.

Yes, but so is telepathically convincing a woman you are both hot and charming. Same net effect, plus telepathy.

tannish2
2007-09-19, 04:07 PM
arr scurvy landlubbers ye be, why not just change the world so that you ARE THE DEFINITION of those things? yede have complete power.

Ganurath
2007-09-19, 04:33 PM
Gan opt for telepathy. Do all the things telekinesis do with enough brain slaves, plus you have superior intel.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-19, 06:54 PM
I understand you elitist telepathist's who say you could mind control someone to move a heavy object. Well can you mind control someone to make you fly?

Think about it no more need for cars or any other mode of transportation. You can fly anywhere you wan't. I think that alone makes Telekinesis a sure choice.
Sylar FTW!

Talfrey
2007-09-19, 07:02 PM
Use telekinesis to make diamonds.

Get rich

Influence people's minds with money.

You get both =P

landadmiral
2007-09-19, 07:11 PM
TK all the way!

1- lovin on the wife would be so much easier, who needs viagra??? (mr telepath does!)

2- flying (answers problem to gas prices)

3- gaming (did i just roll another crit!! i must be lucky!!)

4- we already know what women think, they just don't make sense, which would make telepathy useful - make them understand - or worse...
they force irrationallity upon us all :smallfurious:

geez3r
2007-09-19, 07:18 PM
Telekinesis. No doubt that telepathy would be awesome, but I think I would like Telekinesis better. Telepathy is alot more subtle than telekinesis, but I got a choice of super powers, I would want it to be more direct. Besides, I would never tire of throwing stuff with my mind. I don't need anyone else around to enjoy my power. If I was all alone up on a mountain I still have telekinesis; all alone you don't have telepathy.

Cruxador
2007-09-19, 07:41 PM
I understand you elitist telepathist's who say you could mind control someone to move a heavy object. Well can you mind control someone to make you fly?

*snip

Yes. You can indeed mind control someone to give you a helicopter.

Kiero
2007-09-19, 07:46 PM
TK. I don't want to know what's in other people's heads.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-19, 07:51 PM
Yes. You can indeed mind control someone to give you a helicopter.

It's not the same. If someone offered you a choice between telekinetic flight and a helicopter which would you choose?

Also it be a pain to store.

Vella_Malachite
2007-09-19, 09:48 PM
This is hard...at first I'd say telepathy, but it is probably an intrusion of privacy...it'd be okay if I could keep it to myself...but I'd probably lean towards it since I suck at reading body language.
Telekinesis would be OK, with the flying and all, but yeah, I'd go telepathy. Plus, I'm a psychology nerd, so the study experience would be fun as!!

Vella_Malachite
2007-09-19, 09:53 PM
P.S.
Women seem to be irrational to all men. It's this thing. I am female, and I consider myself perfectly rational. Many women consider men irrational, too.

But then again, most men seem rational to me and many women irrational, so I wonder what the h*** is up wth me :smalleek: ...

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-19, 10:42 PM
I want telepathy because, I can move stuff physically, it's not like I really need telekinesis. Although, it is a serious invasion of privacy, and somethings are best kept secret.

Telepathy gets more points, it wins.

P.S. Vella, to avoid posting twice in a row, you could edit the first post by clicking the edit button.

AtomicKitKat
2007-09-20, 01:47 AM
To delete the now redundant second post, open it up for editing(after copying it into the first post), then look just above the post for the "delete this post" option.

exodus_dragon
2007-09-20, 02:02 AM
telekenisis because then you know when ppl are lying to you, what there motives are, everything so you will always be safe

PhallicWarrior
2007-09-22, 11:34 AM
Then you call me, your loyal TK-infused enforcer and I proceed to lop off the to of their heads and perforate their bodies with mind bullets. Or, you know, I could do the same to you...

Closet_Skeleton
2007-09-24, 02:11 PM
If I had Telekinesis I'd probably go crazy and murder someone.

If I had Telepathy I'd probably go crazy and commit suicide.

Telekinesis please.

LCR
2007-09-24, 04:39 PM

I would choose telepathy, but unfortunately, reading ones thoughts does not mean you understand them.

And with telekinesis I can forcechoke people.
That's awesome.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-24, 04:46 PM
Hmm...

Telepathy:
Read peoples minds.
Blackmail-o-rama!
Force them to bend to my will
Take over the world

Telekenesis:
Ooh, look at me, I can throw rocks with my mind.

Telepathy, please.

LCR
2007-09-24, 04:51 PM
Hmm...

Telepathy:
Read peoples minds.
Blackmail-o-rama!
Force them to bend to my will
Take over the world

Telekenesis:
Ooh, look at me, I can throw rocks with my mind.

Telepathy, please.

Tell that the rock in your face!

Boooya!

Hoggy
2007-09-24, 04:56 PM
If telekinesis can undo bra straps, that one.

Otherwise, telepathy.

daggaz
2007-09-24, 09:58 PM
Telekinesis. Im a bartender, I can already read your mind for all intensive purposes. Plus its more fun not knowing everything. I actually prefer challenging women. (women who are challenging, not challenging them).

Besides, a thousand pounds of force is quite a lot. Its enough to give me about 4 gees of acceleration (fast enough to pass out, meaning I could easily take my girlfriend flying...who would need to read her mind??!), I could manipulate objects at an incredible distance, you could build and destroy things with ease, nobody could threaten you physically, etc...etc...etc..

Yeah, telekinesis.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-25, 01:46 AM
Telepathy, no doubt about it. I'm a paranoid person, and this way I could be sure no-one was lying to me. I think it would be relaxing for me, honestly.

Setra
2007-09-25, 02:10 AM
I understand you elitist telepathist's who say you could mind control someone to move a heavy object. Well can you mind control someone to make you fly?Sylar FTW!
Of course as soon as you lose concentration you plummet into the ground.

If telekinesis can undo bra straps, that one.

Otherwise, telepathy.
Telepathy could make a harem take off their clothes and hump you vigorously.

Sadly, if you have one or the other ot both, scientist will lined up to cut you open, the world will shun you and execute you at the first sign of trouble.
Not with telepathy.

"I do not have telepathy"
"You do not have telepathy"
"You want to invent a way to make humans fly freely"
"I want to invent a way to make humans fly freely"

telekinesis: I can make a skinny kid look like he has superhuman strength by 'lightening the load' and at the same time make him lift stuff up.

snip
First off, pure AI doesn't really play into much right now. Second, good luck doing that without accidentally exploding someones brains or somesuch.

Hmm exploding heads, maybe telekinesis is a good choice.

A Gray Phantom
2007-09-25, 02:22 AM
In this day and age...

None. No telepathy or telekinesis...

Not true. This day and age you'd probably get your own reality TV show :smallwink:.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm not sure I'd want to know what people's dirty thoughts are. The few times I have, it was when I was working in retail and I was suspicious of certain unscrupulous customers of shoplifting. When it wasn't that I was wondering whether or not any girls liked me.

I then realized that saving people's lives with telepathy would be nice, but I would feel guilty for invading someone's mind if they turned out to be innocent :smallfrown:. And if I want to know if a girl likes me, I'll simply ask her :smallredface:.

Telepathy. All the way. Telekinesis would be fun, with the flying and the lifting, and the oy it hurts me gahoyven! But telepathy would be far more useful, with the thinking and controlling and brains oh my!
Wow, I didn't know Jerry Lewis was a Giant in the Playground fan...

I've seriously thought about this, and I'd rather have telekinesis - There have been more times that I've needed it than telepathy.

As an egotistical man of action, I'd love to open doors with a mere bellow of my voice. To grab something that was just out of reach. And flying has always been a wish of mine since... ever... :smallbiggrin:

Telekinesis for the win!

hippie_dwarf
2007-09-25, 10:15 AM
Telekinesis. Anyday, imagine this situation:

Telepath: I can read your mind!

Telekineticist: Then you'll know that there's a car above your head

Telonius
2007-09-25, 10:32 AM
Telekinesis. Anyday, imagine this situation:

Telepath: I can read your mind!

Telekineticist: Then you'll know that there's a car above your head

Telepath: That you will now set down gently.

Telekineticist: ... that I will now set down gently ...

SITB
2007-09-25, 10:41 AM
Does the Telepathy extend over to people you can not see but only feel that are within a mile?

Anyway, My line of reasoning: The Mule was Telepathic. The Mule conqured the known galaxy. The Mule was awesome.

I'd probably choose Telepathy as long as I can set permanent changes to people.

Terumitsu
2007-09-25, 10:43 AM
Hmm.... The answer for me is obvious. I would want to manipulate space/time with my mind... Even if observation is usefull, there are things that people keep secret for reasons.... I don't like being that intrusive even though I do have the habit of prying at times....

Plus, I would be able to make fun of mimes by by putting them in real boxes... But other stuff would just be fun to do...

AtomicKitKat
2007-09-25, 01:19 PM
Telepath: That you will now set down gently.

Telekineticist: ... that I will now set down gently ...

Telekineticist: ...I...GET OUT OF MY HEAD!*attempts to block intrusion, thereby losing concentration on levitating the car*

Telepath: Mommy!*comical on-the-spot running before car lands on top* :smalleek: