PDA

View Full Version : How would you stat a bamstick?

Prince Vine
2018-10-26, 06:19 AM
The bam sticks and pendreks are important weapons in Ravnica. Now we don't know they aren't included, but they do not appear as magic items at least, maybe in their respective guild sections. However I am looking for ideas on how to stat them up if they don't appear, and it happens to overlap a project I have for a wand-slinging setting anyway.

The relevant aspects are they are ranged elemental weapons (fire for bamsticks, lightning for pendreks) that use a power source/ammunition and have varying lecels of power.

I was thinking of treating them as wands. 6 charges, 1d6 damage per charge with a maximum of 3d6 a shot. I am not sure if they should be actions or attacks and am concerned they are still overpowered for a wealthy party.

Asmotherion
2018-10-26, 06:31 AM
Wand of Firebolts, and casts Fireball 3/Day?

Wand of Shocking Grasp (Option to Deliver at Range), and casts Lightnin Bolt 3/Day?

If they are Martial Weapons, make the Attack Rolls Dex Based. Would be some interesting magic items.

Vogie
2018-10-26, 07:50 AM
I'd use a pair of rods. Base the bamstick off of Scorching Ray, only firing a single ray (2d6 fire), and the pendrek off of Witch Bolt (1d12 lightning).