PDA

View Full Version : Agents of Mayhem

Jeivar
2018-10-26, 11:11 AM
So, it's 75% off on Steam, and I'm wondering whether to pick it up. What little I've seen of the game has looked like dumb fun, but the Steam score is set at "mixed".

I would like to hear some opinions on it. What does drag it down to that level?

NEO|Phyte
2018-10-26, 04:39 PM
IIRC the primary contributors to its mixed score was some bugs/optimization issues at launch and that it lacks the multiplayer component that Saints Row titles had. If there was other reasons, I have no memory of them. I definitely enjoyed my time with it.

Jeivar
2018-10-26, 06:06 PM
IIRC the primary contributors to its mixed score was some bugs/optimization issues at launch and that it lacks the multiplayer component that Saints Row titles had. If there was other reasons, I have no memory of them. I definitely enjoyed my time with it.

"No multiplayer?? Nooo! How will I enjoy the game without foul-mouthed 13 year old Neo Nazis??"

NEO|Phyte
2018-10-26, 07:05 PM
Wrong kind of multiplayer. Saint's Row multiplayer was 'invite a friend, the two of you run around doing stuff together'.

factotum
2018-10-26, 10:40 PM
I thought the main criticism of it was that the map was rather small and the missions rather repetitive? I've not played it myself so can't judge, but I remember those being mentioned when it came out.

spectralphoenix
2018-10-27, 12:11 AM
If you played Saints Row 3/4 and want more, give Agents of Mayhem a try. If you played SR 3/4 and don't want more, don't buy AoM because it's more of that. If you haven't played SR 3/4, give those a try first.

Honestly, I enjoyed the game as a 'dumb fun' thing. My only real complaint was that enemy damage outscaled you to the point that some of the later missions could be frustrating.

Jeivar
2018-10-27, 03:17 AM
If you played Saints Row 3/4 and want more, give Agents of Mayhem a try. If you played SR 3/4 and don't want more, don't buy AoM because it's more of that. If you haven't played SR 3/4, give those a try first.

Hmm.

I did play 3, but never finished 4. It all just got a bit TOO silly. And the constant shilling of that Johnny Gat guy (a man who thinks making a waffle comment at a Belgian is witty) got annoying.

spectralphoenix
2018-10-27, 09:33 AM
Hmm.

I did play 3, but never finished 4. It all just got a bit TOO silly. And the constant shilling of that Johnny Gat guy (a man who thinks making a waffle comment at a Belgian is witty) got annoying.

Agents might work for you then. It's sort of SR 3.5. And you can choose your characters for most missions, so you can just stop bringing along anybody you don't like.