PDA

View Full Version : Best Bang for the Buck Wireless Router

razorback
2018-10-26, 03:15 PM
So, wireless router died last night. Off work in a couple of hours and going to pick up a new one.
Any recommendations?
I live off the beaten internet path and, while I have the highest speed available to me, true/current high speed won't be available for a few years.

As always, any advice is appreciated.

Peelee
2018-10-26, 03:20 PM
Our internet used to suck, we eventually figured out it was the router, and just flung our hands in the air, said screw it all, and bought a Nighthawk. I love that thing. Don't know about best bang for the buck, because I was too angry at not getting as much as we could have out of our internet connection for too damn long, but it's a helluva router.

razorback
2018-10-26, 04:16 PM
Thanks.
Did a little bit of looking, as I'm off in a little over an hour and there is a Frys about a mile from where I work, and it looks like an Asus AC3100 seems pretty good for what I need, just concerned about their reliability. A bit more than I wanted to spend but I figure bite the bullet for a couple of years. Although, looking, the TP-LINK AC5400 is getting better reviews. And so does the Nighthawk X6S AC4000.