PDA

View Full Version : $5000: design your own monster for WotC

Kadesh
2018-10-26, 06:39 PM
https://www.summontheterror.com/pages/index.php

Win 5000 colonial dolleridoos, or be one of 10 Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription winners to design a monster using WotC's predefined toolkit of monster parts using Photoshop (30day trial link includex BTW).

Not checked yet, but might be worth having a play with.

Speely
2018-10-26, 07:08 PM
Huh! Pretty cool. Will check it out once I get home.

the_brazenburn
2018-10-27, 05:19 AM
Wow.

Now I really wish I knew how to use Photoshop.

Anybody know if teams are allowed?

Kadesh
2018-10-27, 10:52 AM
Wow.

Now I really wish I knew how to use Photoshop.

Anybody know if teams are allowed?

There's a free trial, so don't see why you can't learn? I'm not entirely sure how a Team can enter this.

Kaliayev
2018-10-27, 02:16 PM
There's a free trial, so don't see why you can't learn? I'm not entirely sure how a Team can enter this.

Does the kit come with a creature image? If not, teaming up with an artistic friend wouldn't be the worst idea.

Speely
2018-10-27, 02:46 PM
Does the kit come with a creature image? If not, teaming up with an artistic friend wouldn't be the worst idea.

Well, the kit comes with "assets," which probably means images you can piece together.

That said, I see a lot of talented artists just going ham on this.

Kadesh
2018-10-27, 07:37 PM

This kit is literally a load of ready made pieces that WotC and Photoshop want you to manipate into a monster of your choice. If you can find a creative to give your experienced Photoshop hand an influence and split evenly if you win, nice, but that doesn't affect second place (only 1 subscription available per second place entry, x10). And anyone skilled in Photoshop is unlikely to trade hard earned experience and practise using an expensive piece of software to someone who says 'and, put, like angry eyes on it' as their contribution.

Real up, guys.

Bohandas
2018-10-27, 07:41 PM
A person whose monster is good enough would probably be better off publishing a third-party supplement

Kadesh
2018-10-27, 07:44 PM
A person whose monster is good enough would probably be better off publishing a third-party supplement

Anyone able to publish one would be able to make more money by publishing their 3rd party book as well :)

Bohandas
2018-10-27, 08:02 PM
Anyone able to publish one would be able to make more money by publishing their 3rd party book as well :)

There's some pretty barebones stuff on drivethrurpg.com. And it sells. It's cheap so people impulse buy it.