PDA

View Full Version : What is this spell? Core disarm spell on srd?

Silva Stormrage
2018-10-27, 02:28 PM
Hey so I was just googling disarm to get to the disarm rules on d20srd but I ran across this page on the search results: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/disarm.htm

This confused me because I didn't know of any spell named disarm on the SRD so I clicked the link and found a 1st level wizard/sorcerer spell that seemed decent. It's not on the d20srd 3.5 sorc/wizard spell list, it's not on the general spell index page either.

Is this spell actually a thing? A mistake? I am not sure what this is. Is it in the actual player's handbook? My group and I were just really confused about this spell as I haven't found any other references to it.

the_david
2018-10-27, 02:44 PM
Not all spells in the SRD are from the PHB. As far as I can tell, there are some more from Deities and Demigods. It's not one of those though. I'm intrigued...

Zaq
2018-10-27, 02:48 PM
Huh. I don't see anything like that in the 3.5 PHB. Is it perhaps something in the 3.0 PHB? I don't have a copy of the 3.0 book.

Interesting that it's not actually on the SRD's list of spells, unless I'm misreading it.

I tried going to WotC's actual SRD document, but all the links there seem to be broken (unless I just don't get how things work).

Silva Stormrage
2018-10-27, 02:49 PM
Not all spells in the SRD are from the PHB. As far as I can tell, there are some more from Deities and Demigods. It's not one of those though. I'm intrigued...

Ya I know but I don't have the players handbook to check so thats why I asked. I couldn't find it in the psionic spells section, anywhere in unearthed arcana or anywhere else. It says it's part of the general spell index but it's not located there. We were very confused.

OgresAreCute
2018-10-27, 02:50 PM
A quick google search only turns up the result on this particular SRD, doesn't seem to be anywhere else.

Not on the Sor/Wiz list nor in the spell descriptions in the PHB at least. Not in Deities and Demigods either.

zergling.exe
2018-10-27, 02:51 PM
It's not on that one site, so I can only assume that it's a homebrew spell that got on there somehow. It's not even listed on the list of spells sorted alphabetically, so I imagine it's not supposed to be there. Though it's not on D&DWiki either, so where it comes from is completely unclear.

Huh. I don't see anything like that in the 3.5 PHB. Is it perhaps something in the 3.0 PHB? I don't have a copy of the 3.0 book.

Interesting that it's not actually on the SRD's list of spells, unless I'm misreading it.

I tried going to WotC's actual SRD document, but all the links there seem to be broken (unless I just don't get how things work).

It's not in 3.0 either, check my sig for a link to a 3.0 SRD.

DaytimeStar
2018-10-27, 02:59 PM
The disarm spell is find from Web enhancement Magic Books of Faerun series:

archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20041020a

Silva Stormrage
2018-10-27, 03:04 PM
The disarm spell is find from Web enhancement Magic Books of Faerun series:

archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20041020a

And we have a winner! Now the next question is why is it on the SRD XD?

Nifft
2018-10-27, 03:11 PM
And we have a winner! Now the next question is why is it on the SRD XD?

A bunch of non-SRD stuff is on that SRD because the non-SRD stuff was put under the OGL -- all the Unearthed Arcana variants are included under that rubric, for example.

Perhaps that Web Enhancement spell was added by someone before the site realized that WE content isn't OGL, and they quietly un-indexed the spell but never removed the spell's HTML file.

OgresAreCute
2018-10-27, 03:12 PM
A bunch of non-SRD stuff is on that SRD because the non-SRD stuff was put under the OGL -- all the Unearthed Arcana variants are included under that rubric, for example.

Perhaps that Web Enhancement spell was added by someone before the site realized that WE content isn't OGL, and they quietly un-indexed the spell but never removed the spell's HTML file.

It's like finding a secret room.

Goaty14
2018-10-27, 03:20 PM
Now @Zaq needs to update the Truenamer Handbook. Pretty sure this new spell obviates the need for the Seize Item 5th level Lexicon of the Crafted Tool utterance, along with the other spells that obviate being a truenamer.

EDIT: Dangit, now I want to see a build that does all the stuff a lvl 20 Truenamer does, except isn't a truenamer.

Nifft
2018-10-27, 04:43 PM
EDIT: Dangit, now I want to see a build that does all the stuff a lvl 20 Truenamer does, except isn't a truenamer.

Hmm, maybe a prostitute background, with Flurry of Blows and (at Epic levels) Awesome Blow?

I mean if you want to really optimize sucking.

Elkad
2018-10-27, 07:17 PM
It's not the only unlisted file.

And it's not just spells.
There are rules that are non-SRD also tucked away.

ManicOppressive
2018-10-27, 07:49 PM
Hmm, maybe a prostitute background, with Flurry of Blows and (at Epic levels) Awesome Blow?

I mean if you want to really optimize sucking.

Depending on your definition of "attack," that could result in a very kinetic happy ending.

Goaty14
2018-10-27, 08:22 PM
It's not the only unlisted file.

And it's not just spells.
There are rules that are non-SRD also tucked away.

Yea, like the EXP page (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/xp.htm). The actual usefulness of it is to find player WBL.

KillianHawkeye
2018-10-27, 09:17 PM
Yea, like the EXP page (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/xp.htm). The actual usefulness of it is to find player WBL.

Whaaat? Wow, nice! :smallbiggrin:

J-H
2018-10-27, 09:55 PM
Over 10 years and I didn't know that page existed. Thanks!

OgresAreCute
2018-10-28, 03:12 AM

Hmm, looks like the poor BAB column is wrong there. It's one level behind what it should be.

Nifft
2018-10-28, 01:11 PM
Hmm, looks like the poor BAB column is wrong there. It's one level behind what it should be.

At level 1 it's on-target.

danielxcutter
2018-10-29, 09:02 AM
At level 1 it's on-target.

Hey, it's not like you're going to be making non-touch attacks with poor BAB anyways. :smalltongue:

Elkad
2018-10-29, 09:38 AM

Heh, good catch. I use that page all the time, and I'd never noticed. ½point short on BAB-poor.
But floor(level*0.5) is so easy to do in your head I probably never actually look at that column.