PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Miracle, Wish and Cursed items.

Lacy
2018-10-27, 06:25 PM
Greetins, Fast question:

If My Cleric cast a Miracle over a cursed item to unequip it, because that item need a Miracle of wish to be removed, i have to pay the 5,000 px amount?

JNAProductions
2018-10-27, 06:57 PM
Greetins, Fast question:

If My Cleric cast a Miracle over a cursed item to unequip it, because that item need a Miracle of wish to be removed, i have to pay the 5,000 px amount?

Third bullet point on the SRD leads me to believe no, you do NOT need to pay the XP.

Lacy
2018-10-27, 08:31 PM
Third bullet point on the SRD leads me to believe no, you do NOT need to pay the XP.

So you think that cancel the effect (at least for that person) of not being able to take off a cursed item is equivalent to "Undo the harmful effects of certain spells"?

Goaty14
2018-10-27, 09:15 PM
So you think that cancel the effect (at least for that person) of not being able to take off a cursed item is equivalent to "Undo the harmful effects of certain spells"?

1) Why not use a Remove Curse spell instead?
2) No. I can see an argument that the item exists because of a spell, but an item is not a spell, and thus it wouldn't work that way. Though I'm pretty sure unless you're dealing with an evil cursed artifact, it's not in line with the XP-draining usages of the spell (and that you could duplicate Remove Curse to do it anyways), I wouldn't have it cost XP.

Lacy
2018-10-27, 10:30 PM
1) Why not use a Remove Curse spell instead?
2) No. I can see an argument that the item exists because of a spell, but an item is not a spell, and thus it wouldn't work that way. Though I'm pretty sure unless you're dealing with an evil cursed artifact, it's not in line with the XP-draining usages of the spell (and that you could duplicate Remove Curse to do it anyways), I wouldn't have it cost XP.

The item is especially powerful but I think it does not reach the rank of minor artifact.

I understand your perspective. I do not think it is equivalent to undoing the effect of a spell, and even assuming that a remove course did not work, the effect without xp cost of the miracle is already powerful enough to create an "improved remove course".

Thank you for your answers