PDA

View Full Version : World Trigger: The triumphant return!

LaZodiac
2018-10-29, 04:28 PM
World Trigger, one of the best series running in Jump, has been gone for a long time. But now, now it is back, for five weeks before moving to a monthly magazine (but still localized and put into English Jump) so that the creator doesn't ****ing shatter his arms again. It's been nearly two years...

Let's see how the new chapter is!

God I missed this so much. Some nice banter from the announcer for this fight, and we finally get to see which map Suzunari-1 picked. I'm actually not surprised they picked this one, sure they have a sniper but this dude duel wields snipers like assault rifles it's fine, if I'm remembering correctly. This is almost certainly an attempt to counter our team. Osamu's Spider won't do well in the large roads, and I imagine the inside of the building will just be to wide as well. It also makes it far harder for Chika to snipe. So it'll be up to Hyousei and Yuma really, but without cover support it seems like this might be tough.

Either way, really nice build up for next week!

Cozzer
2018-11-06, 03:45 AM
I really love this manga, though I should probably reread it from the start... this tournament arc has way too many characters. :smalleek:

I'm a big fan of the brainy, untalented but good at leadering main character.

LaZodiac
2018-11-06, 08:28 AM
I really love this manga, though I should probably reread it from the start... this tournament arc has way too many characters. :smalleek:

I'm a big fan of the brainy, untalented but good at leadering main character.

For what it's worth after nearly two years it's definitely worth a reread just to remember everyone. I didn't think of pointing it out, but in the lead up to it's return WSJ released all the chapters for free to catch back up with it. I should of said something, but honestly I didn't expect anyone to actually care about it other than myself.

Also, new chapter, wherein we get further looks into the intended strategies of each team. But there's also a catch; they weren't told about the time of day it would be set too, and I feel like it being night is going to be severely important.

Cozzer
2018-11-06, 08:59 AM
For what it's worth after nearly two years it's definitely worth a reread just to remember everyone. I didn't think of pointing it out, but in the lead up to it's return WSJ released all the chapters for free to catch back up with it. I should of said something, but honestly I didn't expect anyone to actually care about it other than myself.

Thank you, but I'm a filthy European and I have no access to your fancy techy legal manga sources. :smallfrown:

I have the physical manga somewhere though, I'll try to remember where!

Zalabim
2018-11-07, 02:29 AM
This is perhaps my favorite manga and I made sure to tell all my friends (all two) who would talk about Berserk or Hunter x Hunter's slow pace of releases or long hiatuses about it. Even before the hiatus. Especially after though, because misery loves company. I think it's great that most of the teams this time seem to have a secret strategy (secret from us in some cases, and from the other teams) that they're planning to employ. And one team has already suggested an awareness that Hyuse might be an all-rounder, but it sounded like they're expecting Asteroid from him. Boy are they in for a surprise. Whatever happens, I've no doubt this battlefield will be a ruin by the end of it all.

LaZodiac
2018-11-07, 08:26 AM
This is perhaps my favorite manga and I made sure to tell all my friends (all two) who would talk about Berserk or Hunter x Hunter's slow pace of releases or long hiatuses about it. Even before the hiatus. Especially after though, because misery loves company. I think it's great that most of the teams this time seem to have a secret strategy (secret from us in some cases, and from the other teams) that they're planning to employ. And one team has already suggested an awareness that Hyuse might be an all-rounder, but it sounded like they're expecting Asteroid from him. Boy are they in for a surprise. Whatever happens, I've no doubt this battlefield will be a ruin by the end of it all.

Honestly that's just a real good reason to respect World Trigger in general. It's finally back after nearly two years and the first two chapters are literally pages upon pages of people discussing strategy. It's super compelling and I love it, but it's really funny to me that it really is like it never left.