PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Selena, Gray Gem Dragon Deity

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-29, 04:43 PM
Hey everybody. I feel like that I want to make a Dragon Deity that I make by scratch. Meet Selena:

Selena
Consort Of Io, Gray Gem Dragon Goddess
Symbol: Gray Gem Eye
Intermediate Deity
Home Plane: Outlands
Alignment: True Neutral
Portfolio: Dragonkind
Worshipper: Dragons
Cleric Alignment: Any
Domains: Good, Evil, Law, Chaos, Wealth, Dragon
Flavored Weapon (Greatsword) Claw

Selena is Io consort. She the one who created the 10 dragon deities alongside with her husband. She's neutral. She's describe herself as a gray gem dragon but she can appear in any form.

Dogma: Selena is a neutral goddess and she cares only for the dragons. She tends to stay out of conflicts between other dragon deities. She cares for all the dragons in the world. Her relationship varies with each dragon deity along with non-dragon deities as well.

Clergy and Temples:

Selena got a few temples and shrines throughout the world. Many Dragons of all types worshipped the Gray Gem Dragon Goddess. Non-dragons (such as humans) are very rare in Selena temple. Although she has a huge following of gem dragons who respectfully worshipped Selena. Clerics from other dragons faith such as Tamara and Falazure pay a homage to Selena.

So what do you think of Selena?

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-30, 03:15 PM
Wow no response so far. That's normal. :tongue:

rferries
2018-11-01, 12:51 AM
Hey everybody. I feel like that I want to make a Dragon Deity that I make by scratch. Meet Selena:

Selena
Consort Of Io, Gray Gem Dragon Goddess
Symbol: Gray Gem Eye
Intermediate Deity
Home Plane: Outlands
Alignment: True Neutral
Portfolio: Dragonkind
Worshipper: Dragons
Cleric Alignment: Any
Domains: Good, Evil, Law, Chaos, Wealth, Dragon
Flavored Weapon (Greatsword) Claw

Selena is Io consort. She the one who created the 10 dragon deities alongside with her husband. She's neutral. She's describe herself as a gray gem dragon but she can appear in any form.

Dogma: Selena is a neutral goddess and she cares only for the dragons. She tends to stay out of conflicts between other dragon deities. She cares for all the dragons in the world. Her relationship varies with each dragon deity along with non-dragon deities as well.

Clergy and Temples:

Selena got a few temples and shrines throughout the world. Many Dragons of all types worshipped the Gray Gem Dragon Goddess. Non-dragons (such as humans) are very rare in Selena temple. Although she has a huge following of gem dragons who respectfully worshipped Selena. Clerics from other dragons faith such as Tamara and Falazure pay a homage to Selena.

So what do you think of Selena?

Seems fine. Why only Intermediate Deity, though? (I can't remember, but isn't Io a greater deity?). The gem dragons have deserved a deity of their own for some time. :)

Wow no response so far. That's normal. :tongue:

Don't take it personally! This subforum has been quieter in recent years - and if people don't comment, just assume your homebrew is already perfected ;)

RedWarlock
2018-11-01, 05:15 AM
The gem dragons have deserved a deity of their own for some time. :)

Actually, articles on the Wizards.com site established a gem dragon deity, Sardior, the Ruby dragon (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030124a), as an analogue to stand alongside Bahamut and Tiamat. He apparently dates back to 2e material, as well.

That link is 3.0 material, though. Could stand to be updated to 3.5, and might've been, this was just the first I found on a quick search. (They also have obsidian dragons as a 6th type of gem dragon, who were apparently banished for their evil.)

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-01, 07:38 AM
Seems fine. Why only Intermediate Deity, though? (I can't remember, but isn't Io a greater deity?). The gem dragons have deserved a deity of their own for some time. :)

Don't take it personally! This subforum has been quieter in recent years - and if people don't comment, just assume your homebrew is already perfected ;)Because Io is Intermediate deity so I feel like that his wife should have the same divine rank as Io.

Actually, articles on the Wizards.com site established a gem dragon deity, Sardior, the Ruby dragon (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030124a), as an analogue to stand alongside Bahamut and Tiamat. He apparently dates back to 2e material, as well.

That link is 3.0 material, though. Could stand to be updated to 3.5, and might've been, this was just the first I found on a quick search. (They also have obsidian dragons as a 6th type of gem dragon, who were apparently banished for their evil.)

Oh yeah I forgot about Sardior. D'oh. :tongue: