PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Vampiric Bloodlust

Ruethgar
2018-10-30, 02:31 AM
I have a character that I wanted to make into basically a blood mage gish. This is for 3.P E6 with a focus on the Pathfinder but pretty much any official 3.5 available plus Welknair's bloodlines. I have him as a Necropolitan, severely tainted with Dhampir feats to get some vamp flavor. Going with a Mystic Sphere Ranger giving up half his feats for Spheres of Might Progression. Pretty much only the new Blood Sphere and the Life Sphere(with the Glorious and Regeneration drawbacks) as far as magic, and a smattering of Duelist, Berserker, and a touch of Guardian.

In general I feel pretty set as far as his abilities, but when I wrote the original story the biggest thing was that using blood magic would often drive him into a frenzy. Was considering a Barbarian(Berserker) and just playing Rage as Frenzy but that wouldn't leave much for magic. Was also considering trying to get the effects of Addictive Casting changed to reflect this or redoing the Wild Magic effects to basically roll off a custom frenzy/rage list.

Anyone have a good way to mimic(preferably mechanically) a blood frenzy of a vampire/blood mage?

Kurald Galain
2018-10-30, 05:46 AM
Sounds like bloodrager (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/) would be a good fit.

Ruethgar
2018-10-30, 11:29 AM
Not terribly familiar with PF(why the GM is allowing me to get 3.5), but yes, that looks pretty damn spot on. Still hobbling together a rage wild magic thing though so there will be a bit more mechanically behind the lack of control than just my RPing it.