PDA

View Full Version : Where is Trigak's mate?

Alex Warlorn
2018-10-30, 03:40 AM
Given we had a revenge fueled black dragon mother descend upon the heroes, what the heck happened to Trigak's mate? They explicitly told the illusion that they were already with someone.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0019.html

Fyraltari
2018-10-30, 03:43 AM
They can't afford the Oracle and have no idea who killed Trigak.

Not everything is a plot point.

Cazero
2018-10-30, 03:46 AM
Note how the red dragon head switch from singular "I" to plural "we". That sort of implies the "we" stands for the "I" plus the other person(s) involved in the relationship. And the only other people here to fit that missing spot in the "we" are the other heads. Trigak is in love with themselves.

martianmister
2018-10-30, 09:04 AM
It turns out, Ancient Black Dragon is their mate.

Peelee
2018-10-30, 10:15 AM

Dang, someone beat me to it.

Shining Wrath
2018-10-30, 10:20 AM
Presumably, they were in a committed relationship with some other creature in the dungeon, and their mate died a horrible death because of Elan.

Talion
2018-10-30, 10:28 AM

Unlikely, as we are told in this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0628.html) that the Ancient Black Dragon's mate was skinned and made into armor for the party leader. As Roy doesn't seem to be wearing any particular form of critter, (and hasn't been shown fighting a male ancient black dragon, much less winning, and to say nothing of skinning one) the probability is...unfavorable.

So, obviously, Trigak's mate is Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator.

KorvinStarmast
2018-10-30, 12:53 PM
Unlikely, as we are told in this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0628.html) that the Ancient Black Dragon's mate was skinned and made into armor for the party leader. As Roy doesn't seem to be wearing any particular form of critter, (and hasn't been shown fighting a male ancient black dragon, much less winning, and to say nothing of skinning one) the probability is...unfavorable.

So, obviously, Trigak's mate is Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator. That would make each instance of mating ... a four way? :smalleek:

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-10-30, 12:57 PM
Pretty sure the committed relationship was their service to Xykon

martianmister
2018-10-30, 01:09 PM

There is nothing that bar her from having other relationships after the death of her mate.

kivzirrum
2018-10-31, 12:30 PM
The comic ends with Xykon defeated, the world saved, the Snarl imprisoned or untangled for good... and then, on the last page, Trigak's mate comes to exact its vengeance, killing all the members of the Order in a single bloody panel, and finally completing the most long running and important plot thread in the entire comic.

martianmister
2018-10-31, 01:15 PM
The comic ends with Xykon defeated, the world saved, the Snarl imprisoned or untangled for good... and then, on the last page, Trigak's mate comes to exact its vengeance, killing all the members of the Order in a single bloody panel, and finally completing the most long running and important plot thread in the entire comic.

With Redcloak's niece, I presume, the second most long running and important plot thread?

Peelee
2018-10-31, 01:17 PM

You forgot to have the happy ending.

kivzirrum
2018-10-31, 02:31 PM
With Redcloak's niece, I presume, the second most long running and important plot thread?

Redcloak's niece IS Trigak's partner! :smalleek:

You forgot to have the happy ending.

Hmm, you're right...

Elan dies happy that all the plot threads were resolved. Bam! :smallwink:

Brumagris
2018-10-31, 02:57 PM
The Snarl is Trigak mate. As we speak, it is getting seeking the most destructive form of vengeance on Gods and mortals alike as a tribute to its defeated partner.

martianmister
2018-10-31, 03:52 PM
The Snarl is Trigak mate. As we speak, it is getting seeking the most destructive form of vengeance on Gods and mortals alike as a tribute to its defeated partner.

That would put his experience with tentacles in a different light. :smalleek:

137beth
2018-10-31, 11:19 PM
Trigak's mate is currently masquerading as Hilgya.

Psyren
2018-11-01, 09:51 AM
Elan dies happy that all the plot threads were resolved. Bam! :smallwink:

Oh god, we can pull this out in any ending thread now can't we.

Pablo360
2018-11-01, 09:53 AM
Trigak's mate is currently masquerading as Hilgya.

fixed that for you

Jaxzan Proditor
2018-11-01, 10:56 AM
Obviously, we haven’t seen Trigak’s mate seeking revenge because Trigak never died (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?326558-Durkon-is-not-the-vampire!).

The Pilgrim
2018-11-01, 01:04 PM
Trigak's mate is Master Fyron's son.

Peelee
2018-11-01, 01:11 PM
Ya know, this has been fun and all, but really, the rampant speculation is getting over the top.

So I submit that the CCPD officer (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0387.html) is happily married to Trigak.

Pablo360
2018-11-01, 03:05 PM
Ya know, this has been fun and all, but really, the rampant speculation is getting over the top.

So I submit that the CCPD officer (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0387.html) is happily married to Trigak.

There is nothing in the text to contradict this (unlike certain other Trigak theories *cough* polymorphed into Durkon *cough*) so we may assume it is canon.

Peelee
2018-11-01, 03:15 PM
There is nothing in the text to contradict this (unlike certain other Trigak theories *cough* polymorphed into Durkon *cough*) so we may assume it is canon.

It also has the narrative convenience of Elan trying it on both people in the relationship, and both rejecting the illusion due to their commitments to each other.

It's kismet!

kivzirrum
2018-11-02, 01:04 PM
Oh god, we can pull this out in any ending thread now can't we.

Well now I feel like a monster.

Oooh this is even better than what I said! :smallbiggrin:

InvisibleBison
2018-11-02, 04:50 PM
My theory is that Trigak didn't actually have a mate. They simply found the illusion unattractive, but rather than say so chose a more socially acceptable lie.

Darth V
2018-11-18, 05:03 AM
Folks, it's really obvious: The MITD is Trigak's spouse. :smallsigh:

Also, this is the only clue we needed to conclude that the MITD is a chimera. I don't know why you guys at the MITD-Thread are still having trouble to see that... :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

martianmister
2018-11-18, 05:19 AM
MitD, Redcloak's niece, Trigak, and Fyron's son, what's the element that connects these character? It's Xykon. :smalleek:

Rockphed
2018-11-18, 05:47 AM
MitD, Redcloak's niece, Trigak, and Fyron's son, what's the element that connects these character? It's Xykon. :smalleek:

:xykon: Save that for the Fan Fiction sites!

Riftwolf
2018-11-18, 10:26 AM
My theory is that Trigak didn't actually have a mate. They simply found the illusion unattractive, but rather than say so chose a more socially acceptable lie.

Reminds me of a short story about the translation difficulties when different races try to portray an attractive version of each other. Dragons have totally different values of physical attractiveness to humans, and if they attempt to take on a human appearance, the results are always somehow wrong. Same with Elans illusion; it was what a human thought a chimera would be attracted to, not what a chimera actually would.
Trigak didn't have a mate. He had standards.

GrayGriffin
2018-11-18, 08:34 PM
Reminds me of a short story about the translation difficulties when different races try to portray an attractive version of each other. Dragons have totally different values of physical attractiveness to humans, and if they attempt to take on a human appearance, the results are always somehow wrong. Same with Elans illusion; it was what a human thought a chimera would be attracted to, not what a chimera actually would.
Trigak didn't have a mate. He had standards.

Do you remember the title of that story?

Riftwolf
2018-11-21, 10:03 AM
Do you remember the title of that story?

No; I read a lot of ebook anthologies on the cheap, so I couldn't even tell you the author. If I come across it again I'll post it up.

D.One
2018-11-21, 02:33 PM
Kagirt was tragically killed by another hero (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellerophon) while Trigak was in the Dungeon of Dorukan.

ShadowSandbag
2018-11-24, 12:28 AM
Trigark's mate is the MitD

Dion
2018-11-24, 01:11 PM
Trigark's mate is the MitD

Eww. MiTD is just a little kid!