PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Putting together a PC for a very high level Pathfinder game. Have questions.

AnonymousPepper
2018-10-30, 11:33 AM
I'm joining into a monstrosity - level 27, mythic 10. And I'm bringing a full caster. I've already decided I'm slapping 10 levels of Mystic Theurge in there, so it's going to be Clr7/Mystic Theurge 10. That leaves 10 arcane levels to play with. I want the divine spells in there for the versatility. Contingent Mass Heals and that sort of thing.

I have questions about the arcane side, though.

I'm thinking about filling in Arcane Savant for all my non-base class levels for the spontaneous dispels and the added spell list shenanigans (probably Pally list?), and since I have so many levels in the first place losing a caster level absolutely does not hurt me (and I might just take Prestigious Spellcaster for it to make it go away anyway).

My question comes in with my *base* arcane class, though.

It's between Wiz and Arcanist for me, and I cannot for the life of me decide. Mostly because I'm unsure how exactly the quasi-spontaneous nature of Arcanist interacts with Mystic Theurge's text on casting spells using slots from the other class, and also because I'm not sure if the added versatility is necessary given that I'm obviously taking the Archmage mythic path and Wild Arcana, versus missing out on the level 7 class ability from Arcane Savant.

So basically, what I'm asking is, Wiz3/Clr7/Theurge10/Savant7, or Arcanist5/Clr7/Theurge10/Savant5?
Or even Wiz5 for the discovery?

And if Arcanist, how does that interact with everything else?