PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Creatures with Hardness

heavyfuel
2018-10-30, 12:58 PM
Outside of Psicrystals, are there any others?

I ask because I was reading the Temporal Burn maneuver (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/riven-hourglass-maneuvers/#TOC-Temporal-Burn), which must be used on creatures (read "Target" line) and it ignores their hardness.

Seems either very specific or maybe it's something overlooked that should work on objects as well.

On a sidenote, is there a thread to discuss PoW stuff like there is one for SoP?

noob
2018-10-30, 01:03 PM
Animated objects too.

Eldonauran
2018-10-30, 02:54 PM
Robots (constructs) from the Iron Gods adventure path are creatures with hardness.

Crake
2018-10-30, 05:29 PM
It seems like this was made to mimic the mountain hammer maneuvers from tome of battle, but since it has a target line, wheras tob maneuvers do not, they seem to have forgotten to allow the strike to be used against objects.

heavyfuel
2018-10-30, 07:38 PM
It seems like this was made to mimic the mountain hammer maneuvers from tome of battle, but since it has a target line, wheras tob maneuvers do not, they seem to have forgotten to allow the strike to be used against objects.

I think it was intentional. The Riven Hourglass school was introduced in PoW:Expanded, and the Primal Fury school was introduced in the first PoW book. Primal Fury has Devastating Rush, which explicity allows for the maneuver to target Objects.

Psyren
2018-10-31, 01:09 PM
On a sidenote, is there a thread to discuss PoW stuff like there is one for SoP?

There's a general DSP thread knocking around that their designers check.

heavyfuel
2018-10-31, 01:15 PM
There's a general DSP thread knocking around that their designers check.

Thanks! I found it and asked there if it's meant to target objects as well, though I think it's really just creatures, especially since the list of creatures with hardness is a bit bigger than I had imagined

Psyren
2018-10-31, 01:22 PM
Well, you could argue that only creatures have "personal quintessence" (whatever that means.) Maneuvers are Ex so they don't have to make scientific sense.

Mechanically, the difference between creatures and objects is having Wis/Cha scores, so whatever it is is probably related to that in some way.