PDA

View Full Version : HALLOWEEN in DnD

Sindal
2018-10-31, 06:22 AM
Hey yall

Todays halloween and it got me thinkin

-Does halloween or an interpretation of it exsist in your dnd universe?

Last week because i didnt have a followup campaign prepped, i decided to dedicate it

-The festival of floating lights-
This festival is run in a town calles Alnerwick. Alnerwick is a town that began with a handful of banished tieflings. Over time it prospered and became a sprawling busling place.

But once a year, the mages guild gather to glamour the sky into yhe night no matter the time of day. Monsters costumes are drawn and the town lights up with a sea of willow wisp lights.

The story goea that one of the founding members of Alnerwick, Renauld, was a good natured but mischecious man. Large and loud, he inspired comoradery in most he met. He always had a little flame floatimg between his devilish horns.

Often at night when he was out, his light was mistaken for a ghost by travelers. While he would always assure them ans invite them into town, it became sort of an occurance. Till his friends joined. Jokes were playd in groups, but no traveler wouls be turned away, adding to alnerwicks fame and connections

-the whole truth-
What many dont know, is that NO ONE was turned away. Humans. Elves. Orcs. Halflings...lamias, werewolves, myconids, kobalts, djinn, even a few desperate driders.

Each monsterous creature brought its supernatural skills to the fold, giving alnerwick an almost perfected work force. They learnt to co exsist where their homes would not let them, ans over time the magic developed for them to hide in plain sight

Many daun costumea when they visit Alnerwick. Some, take theirs off...

Neat to hear any other fun things people may do