PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler tags on print screen

Abroane
2018-10-31, 09:37 AM
I wanted to archive a couple of the threads here since i keep seeing websites go down or get purged.
While i hope that never happens i would really rather be safe about it.

It is pretty long though so i was going to save the page on the print this thread screen so i could display all of the relevant posts.
The spoiler tags though don't work when you do this.

by print thread:
in the top right corner of a thread there is a thread tools option.
the show printable version under that is what i am talking about.

Any ideas? or is it just some javascript that i can add to the archived HTML file.

I am not html or css stupid but i am still pretty new with javascript and things like php

Thank you,
Abroane

Grey_Wolf_c
2018-10-31, 10:16 AM
See this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?344717-Spoilers-not-opening-in-Printable-view&highlight=spoiler+print) for a previous mention of this issue. Unfortunately, I do not have a solution for you beyond it.

Grey Wolf

Abroane
2018-10-31, 11:03 AM
See ""I can't post URLS even as part of quotes...."" for a previous mention of this issue. Unfortunately, I do not have a solution for you beyond it.

Grey Wolf

It is unfortunate that nothing either has been or could be done to help this.

I can manually edit the class of the div tags to get the info to show.
Cicciograna was right in that all the info is still in the document.

If i figure out a script to add to it to get an onclick event switch the class to the -show version i'll post it up.

Thank you for the reply.

SOLVED::

Add this to the bottom of any HTML you save
<script type="text/javascript" src="h t t p : / / w w w . g i a n t i t p . c o m / f o r u m s / c l i e n t s c r i p t / s p o i l e r . j s " > < / s c r i p t >

or... extract the js yourself and add it in yourself as actual javascript

(and yes i know i know don't go around the rules to post urls when you aren't supposed to, but i can't really answer the question without the url...)