PDA

View Full Version : Trying to work Carnival of Tears into OotA

the_brazenburn
2018-11-01, 08:21 AM
Hello forumgoers,

I'll be running Out of the Abyss in a few months, and I'd like to work the Paizo module Carnival of Tears into it. For those who don't know, it's an exceptionally gory event-based adventure that takes place in a carnival taken over by evil fey. As the carnival goes on, it becomes more and more dangerous as rides become abattoirs and people fail to notice the horrors around them.

I thought that it might work well in Out of the Abyss, but I'm stuck on what to do with it. A pretty large part of the carnival is related to winter and/or lumberjacking, which don't work so well in the Underdark. I'm also stuck as to what demon lords would be best placed in conjunction with this event.

If anybody is familiar with this module, I'd really appreciate some help with it. Thanks in advance!

Unoriginal
2018-11-01, 08:40 AM
This seems to be just into Fraz'Urb-Luu's portfolio.

As for the lumberjacking thing, could it be replaced mining or even giant-mushroom-lumberjacking?

I don't know the module, but it probably work best if the victims are people who aren't antagonizing the PCs... which is rare in the Underdark. Maybe the dwarves, if the PCs are close enough of their outpost?

the_brazenburn
2018-11-01, 08:51 AM
That could work, yeah.

So instead of the wood chippers and whatnot, it'd be a bunch of possessed drills and gravel crushers, with Fraz-Urbl'uu's demons running everything? Seems legit.