PDA

View Full Version : Emoti (Monster entry, ACE)

CrazyMuffinMan
2007-09-18, 10:40 PM
Emoti

:smalltongue: :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:

Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Good, Extraplanar)
HD 1d8 (4)
Speed 50 ft. (10 squares);
Init: +9
AC 19; touch 17; flat-footed 14
(+2 size, +5 Dex, +2 natural)
BAB +7; Grp +7/-11 (-11 for normal grapples, +7 for affectionate ones, such as hugs, glomps and such)
Attack: Pounce +7 melee (1d8-3)
Full Attack: Pounce +7 melee (1d8-3) and 2 Pseudoarms +2 melee (1d4-3): or as weapon.
Space 2 1/2 ft.; Reach 2 1/2 ft. (via pseudoarms)
Special Attacks Self-destruct, abilities as a 1st level version of a class, dependent on color. Most common are sorcerer/yellow and bard/pink.
Special Qualities Unnatural Cuteness, Telepathy
Saves Fort +2 Ref +5 Will +1
Abilities Str 4, Dex 20, Con 10, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 25
Skills Jump 11, Tumble 19, Move Silently 18, Bluff 12, Diplomacy 12, Sense Motive 5, Balance 5, Search 3

Feats Weapon Finesse (natural weapons and any weapon they may have in their possession), Improved Initiative

Environment: Chaotic Good planes
Organization Varies
Challenge Rating 1
Treasure 0 gold; 0 gems; average art; average magical items
Alignment Always chaotic good
Advancement by Class; Favored Class: Sorcerer or bard
Level Adjustment N/A, not a player race.

Emotis are the servants of Chaotic Good deities on their home planes. They are essentially living concentrations of positive energy in a springy shell whose material is uncertain. They are roughly the size of soccer balls and they sport exaggerated faces representing emotions. While most emotis are yellow, they may take any color. An emoti's hands are separate from the body, telepathically controlled via telepathic "pseudoarms", exist in extradimensional space, and can enter or exit real space at will. Despite these hands being circular, they can mold to whatever shape is needed for nearly any manual task.

Self-destruct (Ex): An emoti may explode as a full-round action. All creatures within 20 feet of an exploding emoti take 2d8 damage plus 1d8 for each extra HD it has. (Reflex half for those 10 feet away or further, DC 10. The DC is constitution-based.) Other emotis negate damage on a successful save. Those that are brought between 0 and -9 hp may self destruct on a successful Constitution check (DC 10 - current HP). Undead receive double damage from this, and a failed reflex save on its part means that it is destroyed.

Unnatural Cuteness (Su): At the emoti's choice, those that see the emoti must make a Will save (DC 18) or be fascinated for 2d4 rounds. Even if they make the save and get in range to act against it, they must make a Will save (DC 18) or lose the action.

Telepathy (Su): All emotis can communicate telepathically with other living beings. Their thoughts are childlike and centered on emotions rather than logic or objective concepts

(Ex: "I like it when the bard plays his songs" becomes ":smalltongue: Me ish lurf the yellow haired man strumming the pwetty strings and singing happy")

Elasticity (Ex): Emotis that fall past their safe fall limit can make a jump check (DC 10 + 1 for every 5 ft past the safe fall limit) to instantly bounce off with no damage, rising 40+1d20% of the distance they fell from the last fall.

Positive Energy Infusion (Sp): An emoti may transfer its positive energy to an ally, healing 2d8+1 damage or dealing 2d8+1 damage to an undead. Undead get a will save (DC 19) to halve the damage. The DC is Charisma-based. After this is done, the Emoti must restore itself on its home plane for 24 hours.

Emotis have no conventional language, but they do give out the occasional *squee*. They communicate primarily through telepathy.

Emotis get a racial +10 to their Move Silently, Tumble and Jump checks.

Emotis feed on positive energy, though they do not feast on the energy of other living beings directly unless it is freely given. This grants the bearer one negative level, which goes away in 30 minutes and always goes away without permanency. One cannot do this if it would kill them. They are simply unable.

The act does leave the bearer fatigued for 30 minutes after though.

Emotis are asexual. Once they have ingested 100 levels of positive energy (spell levels, turning attempts, etc), they can create another of their kind. This creation takes 1 full round.

Four levels of positive energy are required daily to sustain an emoti outside of its home plane. On that plane, they are sustained simply by the positive energy OF that plane.

An emoti that "starves" or receives so much as one negative level immediately gets shunted to its home plane, where it recovers its full strength after 1 full hour, and is stable and unconscious until then.

Any emoti that damages an undead creature with its pounce attack grants it one positive level. This works like a negative level except that only negative energy creatures such as undead can be affected by them. Undead that have as many positive levels as they do hit dice are instantly destroyed. Self-destruct deals two positive levels to any undead caught in it that survive.

JackMage666
2007-09-18, 10:44 PM
I'd suggest putting it inot the regular format. It's so much easier to read that way.

Also, use things like Bold and Italics, it will help set defined areas.

It's rather hard to read right now, so I can't realy get a feel for it.

CrazyMuffinMan
2007-09-19, 12:38 PM
*bump*

I fixed it successfully. Is it to your liking now?

:smalltongue: : "Me ish a d20 monster. ^^ "

JackMage666
2007-09-19, 01:57 PM
Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah...

1 HD creature, with +0 LA, that gets an overall +18 to ability scores (+10 to Dex and +14 to Cha each warrant a +1 LA each), Tiny Size (+1 LA), Outsider Type (+1 LA), Telepathy (+1 LA), I'm assuming Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat (+1 LA), 3 Natural attacks (Pounce and 2 Pseudoarms, all VERY strong for a tiny creature) (+1 LA), Natural Armor (+1 LA). And, a +30 to skill checks (+1 LA). Overpowered for +0 LA. Considering a Sorcerer base can already cast 9th levels spells, with high DCs, even. As is, it's a... +9 RAW, though i'd reduce it to about a +7 LA.

In other words, this should NOT be a player race. Simply place LA to ---, meaning no player race.

Now, onto the monster itself...

Their AC is wrong as well. It should be Touch 17, Flat Footed 14, since Size modifier applies fully to both... Not sure where you got your numbers.

Space should be 2 1/2 feet, and reach is 0 feet (unless they gain reach with Pseudoarms, which should be specified if they do)

They hit WAY to often. They have +10 to hit, which doesn't make sense - +0 BAB, +5 Dex, and +2 Size = +7 to hit, not +10. Also, they should do less damage, due to reduced strength (1d8-3 for Pounce, 1d4-3 for Pseudoarms). Also, since they don't have Multiattack, they take a panelty to hit with their secondary natural weapons (the Pseudoarms)

Should read like...

Attack: Pounce +7 melee (1d8-3)
Full Attack: Pounce +7 melee (1d8-3) and 2 Pseudoarms +2 melee (1d4-3): or as weapon.

From my calculations, they have 10 extra skill points they shouldn't have.

There's alot of room for corrections, sorry.

CrazyMuffinMan
2007-09-19, 02:15 PM
Modified accordingly. I addressed all the issues that you have mentioned, and now, it should be acceptable. Jack, check your PMs in a couple of hours, and thanks for your critique.

:smalltongue: :smallsmile: