PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Total Spells Possible

KyleG
2018-11-04, 05:44 AM
By Level 20 and including cantrips how many spells will each of the classes be able to have prepared at even given moment. Infact what about if you added in warlock invocations or the cleric channel divinity abilities etc. I am fudging around with a character sheet and am seeing if i have space on my main page.

Cheers

ThePolarBear
2018-11-04, 06:00 AM
By Level 20 and including cantrips how many spells will each of the classes be able to have prepared at even given moment. Infact what about if you added in warlock invocations or the cleric channel divinity abilities etc. I am fudging around with a character sheet and am seeing if i have space on my main page.

Cheers

"Prepared" or "that have access to at any single moment"? I mean, a Wizard can, given the time, cast any spell in their spellbook that is a ritual, even if they do not have it prepared. Wish alone can replicate ANY spell that is of 8th level or below, and given that 3+1 classes (iirc) qualify for it one way or another it makes for a very difficult question to answer, and for a very difficult character sheet to make. Multiclass characters have access to way more cantrips than any single character might have. Feats might grant extra spell and cantrips... You want the "absolute maximum a character might be able to cast, based on class"? Or some reasonable amount? There's some other limit?

KyleG
2018-11-04, 11:09 AM
I'm thinking prepped. Read to use at this moment. Want a utility page that covers all actions...a one stop shop if you will. It seems a little odd to have some of the less used info on my main page and have created a 'my story' page for some of those to free up some space. The question is would it be enough I guess.

Draken
2018-11-04, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking prepped. Read to use at this moment. Want a utility page that covers all actions...a one stop shop if you will. It seems a little odd to have some of the less used info on my main page and have created a 'my story' page for some of those to free up some space. The question is would it be enough I guess.

In this case you are looking for a prepared caster, all of whom can prepare 25 spells at level 20 (with a 20 in their appropriate casting stat).

Furthermore, you are looking for a cleric, who gets an additional 10 prepared spells from their domain.

Which gives us 5 cantrips from their class.

Plus 1 bonus cantrip from certain domains.

Plus, lets say, one more cantrip from being a high elf.

Innate spellcasting does not count, I reckon. Thus we remain as high elf.

This brings us to a total of 35 prepared spells and 7 cantrips, before considering feats.

KyleG
2018-11-04, 11:41 AM
In this case you are looking for a prepared caster, all of whom can prepare 25 spells at level 20 (with a 20 in their appropriate casting stat).

Furthermore, you are looking for a cleric, who gets an additional 10 prepared spells from their domain.

Which gives us 5 cantrips from their class.

Plus 1 bonus cantrip from certain domains.

Plus, lets say, one more cantrip from being a high elf.

Innate spellcasting does not count, I reckon. Thus we remain as high elf.

This brings us to a total of 35 prepared spells and 7 cantrips, before considering feats.

Wow. Thanks Draken. More than I thought. May have to rethink my approach. Cheers

DarkKnightJin
2018-11-04, 12:40 PM
If you play a prepared caster, I suggest getting your hands on spell cards. Official or less official doesn't matter.

It's the system I'm using with my Cleric, to keep track of which spells I have prepared each day. And the Domain spells (custom list, also Death Domain) printed from another site for ease of reference when needed.

I have a Wizard planned that I want to tackle in the same way. Take the cards of the spells I have in my spellbook, and keep the ones I have prepared per day on-hand for casting as needed.

cyberfunkr
2018-11-04, 12:55 PM
Also consider ritual casters...

There are about two dozen wizard spells that don't need to be "prepared" but can always be cast via ritual.

So Wizards and anyone taking the Ritual Caster feat can greatly boost the number of spells needed to keep track of.

Teaguethebean
2018-11-04, 11:59 PM
max wisdom Charisma and intelligence drow for cantrip and 2 spells
drow high magic for three more spells
Druid 1= 6 spells 2 cantrips
Arcana Cleric 9 = 24 spells 6 cantrips
Illusion Wizard 2 = 7 spells 4 cantrips
Bard 1 = 4 spells 2 cantrips
Undying Warlock 1 = 2 spells 2 cantrips + spare the dying
Divine soul Sorcerer 1 = 2+1 spells 4 cantrips
Paladin 3 = 8 spells
Ranger 2 = 6 spells
65 spells and 21 cantrips have fun

JackPhoenix
2018-11-05, 07:50 AM
max wisdom Charisma and intelligence
Druid 1= 6 spells 2 cantrips
Cleric 9 = 24 spells 4 cantrips
Illusion Wizard 2 = 7 spells 4 cantrips
Bard 1 = 4 spells 2 cantrips
Warlock 1 = 2 spells 2 cantrips
Sorcerer 1 = 2 spells 4 cantrips
Paladin 3 = 8 spells
Ranger 2 = 6 spells
59 spells and 16 cantrips have fun

Divine Soul Sorcerer would give you 1 extra spell from a limited list. Arcana cleric will give you 2 extra wizard cantrips, nature cleric will give you one extra druid cantrip instead.

Teaguethebean
2018-11-05, 11:44 AM
Divine Soul Sorcerer would give you 1 extra spell from a limited list. Arcana cleric will give you 2 extra wizard cantrips, nature cleric will give you one extra druid cantrip instead.

good ideas i also realize undying warlock gets spare the dying