PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheets

JNAProductions
2018-11-04, 07:07 PM
I'm looking for a good character sheet-preferably one that I can edit on the computer, but also has enough space to fill in stuff mid-session, with pencil.

Son of A Lich!
2018-11-04, 09:34 PM
Want a custom one? I've been designing one for Algernon, anyway.

What are you looking for in a "perfect" character sheet?

Layout, themes, size of the paper you'll be printing it on, what you want included or not included, etc?

Keravath
2018-11-04, 09:50 PM
I've found the MPMB (more purple more better) character sheets are really good. Lots of space to add stuff plus they are fillable. The sheet comes with SRD content but accepts homebrew imports and you can find the contributions from various folks on the internet.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1180
https://www.patreon.com/morepurplemorebetter

JNAProductions
2018-11-04, 09:51 PM
I mean, if you're offering, why the haig not?

The character is, in this case, a Githzerai Theurgy Life Wizard, so plenty of space for spells would be appropriate. The DM is also quite liberal with loot, so plenty of treasure space would be neat.

Standard printer paper, for the page size. And I'm honestly not entirely sure exactly what I'd want on it and not-obviously all the basic stuff, and probably a space for my familiar.

Thank you, by the way. Much appreciated is your offer!

Edit: Oh, and just black and white for color. I do NOT have a color printer.

Daghoulish
2018-11-04, 09:57 PM
I quite enjoy these ones.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/232835/Class-Character-Sheets--The-Bundle

Not only are there specialized pages for each class, the spells pages are quite large and leave plenty of room for descriptions. They even have some homebrew and UA classes (Artificer/Mystic,Bloodhunter,ect.) but they also have blank pages for martial and caster classes (if you use homebrew). There's also two versions of the pages, one that's blank and one that you can edit in a program so you can choose which to use.

Callak_Remier
2018-11-04, 10:25 PM
I'm looking for a good character sheet-preferably one that I can edit on the computer, but also has enough space to fill in stuff mid-session, with pencil.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?427158-ForgedAnvil-D-amp-D-5E-Character-Generator

ill just leave this here

Son of A Lich!
2018-11-05, 12:21 AM
I mean, if you're offering, why the haig not?

The character is, in this case, a Githzerai Theurgy Life Wizard, so plenty of space for spells would be appropriate. The DM is also quite liberal with loot, so plenty of treasure space would be neat.

Standard printer paper, for the page size. And I'm honestly not entirely sure exactly what I'd want on it and not-obviously all the basic stuff, and probably a space for my familiar.

Thank you, by the way. Much appreciated is your offer!

Edit: Oh, and just black and white for color. I do NOT have a color printer.

Oh, it's my pleasure. I love making character sheets. I usually made general ones for each of my campaigns when I was in high school, but since moving out to Pasadena, I haven't had a core group to play with. Now I can actually make character sheets For My Own Characters! (Speaking of which, did you know there is another side to the DM screen!?)

I might just make a thread for making character sheets for people, it sounds like fun while running Algernon to level 20.

alright, then; To Designing!

Gith Thea-mage of light, eh? Cool, so like an astral plane kind of feel? stars and gassy swirly bits? censures and things just a lil' off center from each other? if I use a darker background is use of toner a problem? it can make the sheet 'wobble' in the middle and, lets face it, Toner ain't cheap. If it's just negative space, it probably won't be noticeable (Character sheets tend to have a lot of positive space in them, so they can hold a lot of data), but it is a consideration and will help make the page feel like it's more... floaty. :smallconfused:

Grey scale okay (Like the standard Character sheet? Some greys, some blacks, assumed white background?)

Let me take it by block, just [/S] the stuff you don't want or could live without and [/B] the stuff you do, and you if you have preferences of where on the sheet, (Put it in parenthesis).

If you could indicate which page you want it on, that would be helpful too. (IE, magic items on the second page with a lot of space!)

and of course, I won't put any info printed onto the sheet itself, so you can always reprint it and update it as necessary.

-Character Name
-Player Name
-Race
-Class/level
-Background
-Alignment
-Experience
-DCI number
-Portrait
-Character Description

I'm assuming Attributes are a given, just let me know if you want them along the Top or side, spaces for Modifiers, and if you want the Saves by the attributes themselves.

-Initiative Bonus
-AC
-Speed
-Inspiration points
-Max Hit points
-Damage Taken
-Temp HP
-Hit dice
-Attribute saving bonuses separate from the Attributes
-Death Saving throws Success/failures
-Proficiency Bonus
-Attack Modifier (Str)
-Attack Modifier (Dex)
-Spell DCs
-Spell Attack Modifier
-Damage for non-spell attacks
(If so, how many weapon slots?)

-Full list of Skill bonus
- Bubbles for proficiency bonus
-Full list of Tool proficiencies
-Write out space for tool proficiencies
-Languages known
-Passive Perception
-Class abilities
-Racial abilities
-

-Block for carried Equipment
-Coins (If so, what denominations does your campaign use?)
-Magic items separate
-Page reference column
-Container breaks (Section for backpack, section for saddle bags, etc)
-Material Component pouch, do you play with tyranny of fun? keeping track of specific components?

-Frequently used spells cheat sheet
-Name
-Page reference
-Spell level
-Heightened casting affect
-Action
-Damage
-Save
-Range
-Duration
-V, S bubbles
-M bubble, with space for description
-School
-Arcane/Divine
-Concentration bubble
-Ritual bubble
-Box for effect notes
-Spell book Cheat sheet
-Name
-Page reference
-Spell level
-Action
-Damage
-Save
-Range
-Duration
-V, S bubbles
-School
-Arcane/Divine
-Concentration bubble
-Ritual bubble
-Box for effect notes
-Prepared bubble
Spell Slots
-Column from 1st-9th
Familiar
-How many frequent forms slots would you like? (My familiar is usually a Rat, so I need the Rat's stats on hand without opening a book, but I do use Spider and Owl occasionally, so I like to keep those stats on hand)
-AC
-Hit Points
-Passive Perception
-Initiative Bonus
-Attributes
-speed
-alternative speed
-size
-Familiar rules (Just list the ones you want to have available at a glance)
-Page reference for Familiar's form
-Number of Infrequent Familiar Form slots (I don't use Octopus often, but it's nice to have the page ready to reference with AC, PP, And HP available at a glance :smallbiggrin: )

-Separate them like the DMG does, I guess (Wondrous, Wands and Staffs, Armor, Potions, Weapons, rings?)
-Attuned bubble
-uses/charges
-Page reference
-Personal description of the individual item
-Rarity status

and anything else I didn't think of to write down? Including how you want to break up the character description, like personal history, alliances and so forth?

anything you want added for personal flare? Quotes running along the bottom, or particular iconography (like, say, a holy symbol?)?

I know this seems like a lot, but seriously...

3 hours of work on my side can save days worth of work on your side. I just have to make a box multiple times and arrange stuff to make it look pretty, but having all your spell casting info on hand means you can spend more quality time at the table.

JNAProductions
2018-11-05, 12:56 AM
-Character Name
-Player Name
-Race
-Class/level
-Background
-Alignment
-Experience
-DCI number
-Portrait
-Character Description

-Initiative Bonus
-AC
-Speed
-Inspiration points
-Max Hit points
-Damage Taken
-Temp HP
-Hit dice
-Attribute saving bonuses separate from the Attributes
-Death Saving throws Success/failures
-Proficiency Bonus
-Attack Modifier (Str)
-Attack Modifier (Dex)
-Spell DCs
-Spell Attack Modifier
-Damage for non-spell attacks

-Full list of Skill bonus
- Bubbles for proficiency bonus
-Full list of Tool proficiencies
-Write out space for tool proficiencies
-Languages known
-Passive Perception
-Class abilities
-Racial abilities

-Block for carried Equipment
-Coins (Standard-CP, SP, EP, GP, and PP)
-Magic items separate
-Page reference column
-Container breaks (Section for backpack, section for saddle bags, etc)
-Material Component pouch, do you play with tyranny of fun? keeping track of specific components?

-Frequently used spells cheat sheet
-Name
-Page reference
-Spell level
-Action
-Damage
-Save
-Range
-Duration
-V, S bubbles
-School
-Arcane/Divine
-Concentration bubble
-Ritual bubble
-Box for effect notes
-Spell book Cheat sheet
-Name
-Page reference
-Spell level
-Action
-Damage
-Save
-Range
-Duration
-V, S bubbles
-School
-Arcane/Divine
-Concentration bubble
-Ritual bubble
-Box for effect notes
-Prepared bubble
Spell Slots
-Column from 1st-9th
Familiar
-How many frequent forms slots would you like? (My familiar is usually a Rat, so I need the Rat's stats on hand without opening a book, but I do use Spider and Owl occasionally, so I like to keep those stats on hand)
-AC
-Hit Points
-Passive Perception
-Initiative Bonus
-Attributes
-speed
-alternative speed
-size
-Familiar rules (Just list the ones you want to have available at a glance)
-Page reference for Familiar's form
-Number of Infrequent Familiar Form slots (I don't use Octopus often, but it's nice to have the page ready to reference with AC, PP, And HP available at a glance )

-Separate them like the DMG does, I guess (Wondrous, Wands and Staffs, Armor, Potions, Weapons, rings?)
-Attuned bubble
-uses/charges
-Page reference
-Personal description of the individual item
-Rarity status

Thanks again!

Let me know if more info is needed.

And a lot of familiar stuff is crossed out-I don't plan on swapping familiars often, if at all.

Son of A Lich!
2018-11-05, 01:13 AM
Cool.

I'm going to post the General layout blocks here in a bit (I'm just going to edit this post), don't freak out, it's not the final form. The colors are just so I know what everything is supposed to go.

Oh, do you need the Attribute Modifier bonus? [16 (+3)] or do you want that included in the design? I know I can figure it out in my head pretty easily, but It's kind of tradition to have it featured.

And what containers do you want featured?

I'm planning on three pages right now, with an optional 4th page for spell book (Like, you could just print off four copies of the fourth page and have all the spells you've learned on hand). I don't know how you handle prepared spells for the day (I almost always have a notebook that I just jot them down on, but that's habit from 2nd edition), did you want to have a section for that or is it too tedious?

JNAProductions
2018-11-05, 01:27 AM
Include a modifier bonus. I don't need it, but it's good to have.

Containers should include a backpack, pockets, and extradimensional bookbag.

Son of A Lich!
2018-11-05, 02:44 AM
https://orig00.deviantart.net/542a/f/2018/308/c/b/character_sheet_layout_by_anderreforged-dcr89z1.png

Is this general layout good for the first page?

The second page I'm going to have for general equipment and magic items, third is going to be spell casting focused. I figured that this would be the most important stuff for an immediate combat encounter.

I wanted the attributes to have a celestial motion to them, almost like looking at a star chart. The portrait is going to be framed like a sun, the general Persona info being above the HP and health info. on the otherside, we have the Death saving throws, which I'm thinking of framing like a lunar phase chart. I figured having the Class/race skills beneath the Portrait was a good way of connect the person to their mechanics.

On the other side I have the magic separated from the death saving throws by your defense stats, because I thought that was a nice touch. Proficiency bonus right by your Intelligence, and a little mini-character sheet for your familiar.

There is a lot of information wanted for the Spell cheat sheet, so I'm betting I can only fit about 6 or 7 blocks in, but I'll see if I can shave a bit of space if I can.

I wanted to put in 9, so I could have tally of how many spell slots you had available and total, but It's already a little cluttered... I might be able to squeeze them in along the bottom if I make the Familiar's chart a little smaller.

Let me know if this is cool before I start designing the borders and selecting final fonts and such.

JNAProductions
2018-11-05, 11:06 AM
Looks neat!

One thing, though-I don't do artwork for my characters, so no portrait space is needed.

Son of A Lich!
2018-11-05, 01:35 PM
Oh?.. OH! I'm sorry I missed the portrait was crossed out. My Bad, I'll remove those.

On the brightside, I have space for Spell slots now!

KyleG
2018-11-11, 03:40 AM
Cool sheets Son of a Lich. If you feel so inclined i have a concept im working on and would love to see an interpretation for. So its set as 4 sections and im picturing it landscape. Its actually a character sheet for 3 or 4 people. It doesnt need proficiency's, equipment, traits etc . The only part they share is the same str, dex and cons. Curious to see what you could do.