PDA

View Full Version : Superman: Doomsday

kpenguin
2007-09-19, 02:54 AM
What does everybody think of the latest animated interpretation of Superman? Not following DC all too closely, I haven't read the Death of Superman storyline, so I don't have the original material to compare it with. However, I found the movie very enjoyable and perhaps the best animated Superman yet, beating out the DCAU Superman.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-09-19, 01:59 PM
I haven't seen that, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Green Bean
2007-09-19, 02:02 PM
I've seen the trailers, and it looks pretty cool. I read about how the story went in the comic books, and this looks to be totally different, which is good. Why watch a movie where I already know every line, eh?

kpenguin
2007-09-21, 05:58 PM
What? Am I the only one who watched it? :smallfrown:

Jerthanis
2007-09-22, 05:06 AM
Alright, I finally got a chance to see this movie, and I must say, I liked it a lot. A really entertaining retelling of Superman's climactic battle with Doomsday, with a lot of superpowered, brutal fisticuffs. It was a much more tightly paced retelling of the Death of Superman, and a much clearer retelling of the Return of Superman, focusing on core Superman values and themes. With Superman returning to the fight every time, even when he wasn't ready, because he had to.

A few things which disturbed me about the movie: Superman's craggy, line-ridden face. I wasn't sure what those extra lines were supposed to represent, but it seemed like Supes was 900 years old, or had just gone without sleeping for about fifteen days straight.

Also, Lois Lane and Superman were already intimate, but he hadn't yet told Lois that he was actually Clark Kent... so... it was a little awkward. It was clear Lois had already figured it out, but still... it was weird.

feghoot
2007-09-23, 10:48 PM
I've seen the trailers, and it looks pretty cool. I read about how the story went in the comic books, and this looks to be totally different, which is good. Why watch a movie where I already know every line, eh?

Thats funny, I've seen them as well, and I thought it looked like an hour long fight scene :smallannoyed: I hope I'm wrong though. I think I'll rent it sometime and watch it with my friends, movies are always better with friends.

Baalzebub
2007-09-24, 02:42 AM
Great movie, awesome Superman/Doomsday battle. The only thing i did not like was those weird lines on Superman face, he looks way older with those things on him. Overall, this movie is a must see. :smallamused:

kjyl
2007-09-28, 01:14 PM
not as good as the DCAU but still pretty darn good, much better then the return of superman movie