PDA

View Full Version : Imperium Nova (free browser based space strategy game)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Bosh
2007-09-19, 04:10 AM
http://www.imperiumnova.com

No, this isn't one of the game in which I get in-game money if I get people to join :smallbiggrin:

This is a simple little Dune-inspired game that is pretty different from the standard browser-based strategy game (Ogame etc.). Instead of starting out with a piece of territory you start out with a small fortress and a business but no sovereignty. You then build some more businesses on a variety of planets (each with its own planetary governor) until you have some income to burn on other activities besides business. This means that newbies almost always get left alone by the large houses.

What I like about this game is the way PvP is handled. There are a lot of different forms of competition and a lot of different possible relationships besides peace and total war.
-If people do certain things (get caught spying on you, formally insult you, attack you,etc.) you get fued rights. However each offense only gives you enough fued rights for a limited number of attacks so fueds start small and only escalate if both sides continue to attack each other. This keeps war at more of a scirmish than a total war level.
-If you attack without fued rights you become a renegade and everyone in the galaxy can attack you an unlimited number of times, which makes you very vulnerable (so people almost never do it).
-Instead of launching a war you can use covert operations to harass a rival.
-You can remain totally peaceful and play the game as an economic simulator.
-You can get involved in the political side of the galaxy. Each planet (unless someone stages a rebellion and tries to break away from the Empire) had a planetary governor that can set some local policies and vote in the Galactic Senate (kind of like the Landsraad in Dune).
-You can also try to stay out of politics and join in the religion side of the game and try to spread your religion across the galaxy while competing with rival religions (which has an impact on other aspects of the game).
-Soon exploration will be patched in and that will allow people to explore additional planets.

Also there's a lot of different things you can try to achieve: income, status, running the largest religion, having the biggest military, having the most political clout, etc. which keeps things diverse and interesting.

There's also a definite RP element with each player having a family of characters that can be used for different purposes (for example marrying members of other player families and dueling people who have annoyed you).

If you join up, I'm House Bogdan in Galaxy Baade.

Right now competition is pretty fierce. Agriculture is a safe bet (due to government subsidies) but you won't make much money. I'd probably recommend technology at this point with merchantile, transportation and psionics also being good depending on your location.

GitP People currently in the game:

Galaxy Baade:
House Emdikay of Pleione Australis (Nerd-o-rama)
House Ullric of Aldebaran Prime (Prophaniti)
House Bogdan (Bosh)
House Deresth of Alnilam (jaqueses)
House Baze of Dabih 13 (Afraidofsharpie)
House Linear of Benetas (Twin2)
House Krasny (Jacob Gallagher)
House Caleb of Algorab Alpha (Conqueso)
House Conor Acies of Algorab Alpha (Miklus)
House Arkay of Aldebaran Prime (HyramGraff)

Galaxy Capricorn
House Baer of Alphard (K2)
House Graff Spee of Pallas (Lord Vader)
House Drakovitz of Alkes 9 (Lizard)
House Drakendae of Alkes 9 (Krrth)
House Helvesa of Noas Alpha (DarkCorax)
House Spheniscidae of Megrez Prime (Kpenguin)
House Neraka-Kaya of Asellus, Capricorn (Haruspex)
House Stattlich of Menkab (kkortekaas)
House Triak (Ghostwalker)

Prophaniti
2007-09-22, 11:18 PM
Sounds interesting... I'm gonna check it out.

Were-Sandwich
2007-09-23, 05:40 AM
This looks very cool. Now I just need a cool name.

EDIT: House Thurani of Marfik have commenced operations in the transport sphere.

K2
2007-09-23, 01:09 PM
House Baer of Alphard
Just started as technologist.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-23, 01:35 PM
House Emdikay of Pleione Australis (ugh) in the Baade Galaxy. A mercantile successor to my old NationStates account.

Prophaniti
2007-09-23, 05:11 PM
Just started up. House Ullric of Aldebaran Prime in Baade Galaxy.

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-09-23, 06:39 PM
I signed up, and both my entire family and planet suck really, really badly, so I'm going to see if there's any way I can restart.

LordVader
2007-09-23, 06:52 PM
Joined as house Graff Spee of Pallas in Capricorn Galaxy.

Motto is "Victory through Superior Firepower".:smallbiggrin:

Joined as a technologist. Planet is kinda crappy, ruling family is okay, but I had to regenerate.

Lizard
2007-09-23, 07:29 PM
This game looks really interesting...

Joined as house Drakovitz of Alkes 9 in...probably Capricon Galaxy (I kinda overlooked how to choose a Galaxy, or at least how to view in which galaxy I am in)

Decided to become Mercantile due to the small competition.

@LordVader: Btw I am just about 5 sectors away from your homeworld planet:smallsmile:

Twin2
2007-09-23, 07:48 PM
Well there's another thing to soak up my time. :smallbiggrin:

House Linear of Benetas. Starting up under geological due to the lack of a lot of rivalry sphere wise (only one other geological person on the planet) so hopefully I can use that to my advantage there before I branch out.

Not sure what galaxy I'm in though.

LordVader
2007-09-23, 08:31 PM
This game looks really interesting...

Joined as house Drakovitz of Alkes 9 in...probably Capricon Galaxy (I kinda overlooked how to choose a Galaxy, or at least how to view in which galaxy I am in)

Decided to become Mercantile due to the small competition.

@LordVader: Btw I am just about 5 sectors away from your homeworld planet:smallsmile:

I propose an alliance! You game?:smallsmile:

Also, how do you make buildings?

Twin2
2007-09-23, 08:55 PM
Also, how do you make buildings?

I'm not sure if it depends on what you're building, but in headquaters there's the primary sphere activity category with a link in the click for details thing. Go there, and depending on what you're in you should be able to find a way to view your buildings/build more.

kpenguin
2007-09-24, 12:54 AM
House Spheniscidae of Megrez Prime has commenced operations.

Awww... you guys are all just out of operational range from me.

EDIT: Looking at my neighbors, I'm in Capricorn. Alliance, anyone?

LordVader
2007-09-24, 06:26 AM
House Spheniscidae of Megrez Prime has commenced operations.

Awww... you guys are all just out of operational range from me.

EDIT: Looking at my neighbors, I'm in Capricorn. Alliance, anyone?

I'm up for one, and there is one other GitPer in Capricorn as well. I am house Graf Spee.

Lizard
2007-09-24, 07:50 AM
Agree with that Alliance thing.:smallsmile:
House Drakovitz on Alkes 9

Bosh
2007-09-24, 08:27 AM
If anyone needs help/low interest loans just PM House Bogdan in Galaxy Baade in the game :)

-Transport's a fairly good sphere, get up extortionate rates between rich planets to start out with.
-Technology is a great sphere but the competition is fairly fierce, if you can monopolize a planet do that, if not build a few tech/machinery plants here and there.
-Merchantile has the potential to make a lot of profits, but takes a bit more of a hands on approach.

Bosh
2007-09-24, 08:28 AM
Oh you can build buildings by either looking at the sphere info pages in your Headquarters page or by going to individual planets, flicking on facilities and then clicking on build new facilities.

Krrth
2007-09-24, 08:29 AM
Heh. House Drakendae, Capricorn galaxy. Not sure if I'm doing well or not, but seems like a fun game.

Bosh
2007-09-24, 08:38 AM
Also if any of your Capricorn people need help, the player of the imperial house of that galaxy is a RL friend of mine. I could pull a few strings ;)

LordVader
2007-09-24, 09:13 AM
Also if any of your Capricorn people need help, the player of the imperial house of that galaxy is a RL friend of mine. I could pull a few strings ;)

Very nice, great success!:smallbiggrin:

If I need help, I'll ask. Thanks for the offer. Also, I'll try and create an alliance, called the Houses of the Playground (?)

I do not yet have the status to set up an alliance, once I do, I will create a Capricorn GitP alliance.

Were-Sandwich
2007-09-24, 10:42 AM
How does one determine what galaxy one is in?

Afraidofsharpie
2007-09-24, 10:53 AM
My school browser won't show the page so when I get home Ill take a look at it, could use a decent time waster when I get my Laptop back.

Bosh
2007-09-24, 11:05 AM
How does one determine what galaxy one is in?

Its random. The theory is that with random galaxies and random planet placement its harder for out of game groups to mob one area and take over.

Were-Sandwich
2007-09-24, 01:12 PM
Is it actually possible to break even on this game? By the end of the month I'll have less than half my beginning stake left. All I've done is build two more spaceports and create a link between them. Do I need to wait for the routes to 'warm up' before they start producing?

DarkCorax
2007-09-24, 01:16 PM
This looks interesting, House Helvesa of Noas Alpha, Capricorn Galaxy.

jaqueses
2007-09-24, 01:21 PM
Looks like a good thing to do. House Deresth in Baade Galaxy, currently Transportation sphere. Based on Alnilam.

Anyone up for an alliance?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-24, 01:52 PM
Is it actually possible to break even on this game? By the end of the month I'll have less than half my beginning stake left. All I've done is build two more spaceports and create a link between them. Do I need to wait for the routes to 'warm up' before they start producing?
The spaceports and the trade route are big, big one-time costs. You'll recoup those costs gradually, but they take a chunk out of your initial capital. And your routes apparently do get more profitable as they persist and as whomever's in charge of the Sphere gets more experienced in the position. It also helps profits if you assign your dynasty member with the best administrative skill (I think intelligence and work ethic also help) to be in charge of the Sphere. In House Emdikay's case, this wound up being the cousin of the house leader, rather than the leader himself.

I'm also currently running at a loss, despite running a very profitable trade route (hint for merchants: buy from poor planets, export to rich ones). However, once I build some more trade routes and ports, I should be in the black, as my profits will outstrip my infrastructure costs. They already do, in fact, it's just military, research, and education that are a drain on the coffers.

Twin2
2007-09-24, 02:07 PM
Seems like I'm in galaxy baade, but I'm in the boondocks compared to some of you guys.

Krrth
2007-09-24, 02:20 PM
*sigh* I've got one farm, on my homeworld. I'm losing what loks like 1300 credits a month. Will creating more farms help, or will I just get farther into the hole? Suggestions and advice is welcome.

Twin2
2007-09-24, 02:25 PM
*sigh* I've got one farm, on my homeworld. I'm losing what loks like 1300 credits a month. Will creating more farms help, or will I just get farther into the hole? Suggestions and advice is welcome.

I'm guessing you've got to make more otherwise it'd seem to be pretty bad if making new building just put you in the hole more then getting you out of it.

Though you should be getting a subsidy I think so that shouldn't be that bad for you compared to others (I'm losing over 2k I think every tax thingamajigger).

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-24, 02:35 PM
Farms are guaranteed to make a profit, albeit a small one. In other words, you'll only lose the money in building the farm; once it's up and running, you'll always make at least $5/day more than it costs in upkeep, due to Imperial subsidy.

Here are the reasons why people are losing money:

One-time construction costs: you're going to have to burn through a lot of your initial capital building up your structures and/or routes.

Overhead: Security, Research, Defense, et al cost money but don't actually generate any income in return. The solution to this is to build more facilities/routes to generate more profit. Or, just cut your security and research budgets to nil and pray.

Inefficient leader characters: Put your best administrator in charge of your sphere and keep him there - everyone's skill improves the longer they're in a sphere leader position continuously.

Nonprofitable facilities: make sure that your routes/facilities are making as much money as possible. Farms should be built on the most fertile worlds, transport route quality should relate directly to the standards of living on the appropriate worlds, etc. With mercantile, it's fairly basic economics. Just find two worlds with the greatest price differences along a particular commodity, buy low, and sell high. And make sure not to saturate or starve either market by making a note of the supply and demand levels.

LordVader
2007-09-24, 05:24 PM
This looks interesting, House Helvesa of Noas Alpha, Capricorn Galaxy.

I am collecting a list of all GitPers in Capricorn, please post in this thread if you would be interested in an alliance.

Also, any advice for technology?

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-09-24, 05:50 PM
Okay, House Krasny of the Baade or whatever the hell it is.

Afraidofsharpie
2007-09-24, 05:51 PM
Got home and checked it out

House Baze of Dabih 13, Baade Galaxy
Paradise is but a frame of mind
Geological Sphere

kpenguin
2007-09-24, 11:16 PM
Capricorn Galaxy GitPers:

House Spheniscidae of Megrez Prime (Me!)

I propose the alliance be called the New Age Alliance, or something similar. We are simply a group of individual houses banding together to usher in a new age of prosperity. No outside connection whatsoever...

Bosh
2007-09-25, 01:22 AM
Well right now you have very few routes active so build more buildings to make more. Also cut your costs to the BONE until you have a good income coming in:
-disband your military.
-get rid of security for dynasty members
-get rid of tech research
-PM me (Bogdan in galaxy Baade) if you need a loan.

(hint for merchants: buy from poor planets, export to rich ones)
Very good advice that.

it's just military, research, and education that are a drain on the coffers.
Get rid of all of those costs ASAP until you're firmly in the black (probably when you're no longer a minnow would be a good time to start paying for those things).

Will creating more farms help, or will I just get farther into the hole? Suggestions and advice is welcome.
Spend ALL your money building more farms and gut ALL sources of spending except for paying for your farm.

Or, just cut your security and research budgets to nil and pray.
Do this, people don't pick on minnows in this game.

Inefficient leader characters: Put your best administrator in charge of your sphere and keep him there - everyone's skill improves the longer they're in a sphere leader position continuously.
Do this.

I'm going to keep House Bogdan out of alliances, but am willing to help by any other means. Soon I'll be in control of more planetary governments and will give minnows tax exemptions on all of my planets.

Bosh
2007-09-25, 01:24 AM
Also I'm the governor of Eltanin in galaxy Baade. If you build there I'll give you a complete tax exemption as long as you're a minnow. I'll also have the governorship of Alphard in my hands in fairly short order.

DarkCorax
2007-09-25, 09:33 AM
I'm willing to join a Capricorn GitP alliance, although I seem to be the other side of the galaxy to everyone else...

Haruspex
2007-09-25, 10:15 AM
House Neraka-Kaya of Asellus, Capricorn. Just started, looks like fun.

LordVader
2007-09-25, 11:04 AM
Capricorn Galaxy GitPers:

House Spheniscidae of Megrez Prime (Me!)

I propose the alliance be called the New Age Alliance, or something similar. We are simply a group of individual houses banding together to usher in a new age of prosperity. No outside connection whatsoever...

I was thinking, for an GitP related game, maybe Noble Houses of the Playground or something.

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 11:04 AM
House Stattlich on Capricorn Transportation Sphere.

Look me up

LordVader
2007-09-25, 11:07 AM
Also, I want to go into Military Sphere next. Is this a good or bad idea.

DarkCorax
2007-09-25, 11:09 AM
(Great/Noble/other title) Houses of the playground seems good, but I'm not sure if it is too obvious...

Haruspex, you are near me, but just out of range of my influence...
kkortekaas, I don't think it is possible to find you unless you give your homeworld (I haven't found a way...).

I've made a map of the entire galaxy and it is suprisingly small, it felt larger when I was exploring it with the in-game map...

Edit: To vadar (you simult :smalltongue:), Judging by the stage the galaxy is at the moment it doens't really seem worth it...

Twin2
2007-09-25, 11:39 AM
Since we've got a list for Capricorn I figure I'll whip one up for Baade

House Bogdan (Bosh)

Also seems like it's much better for me after getting rid of some of that extra spending I didn't need to be doing. Shouldn't be too long before my first survey completes itself and I start raking some cash from the subsequent buildings.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-25, 12:01 PM
Yeah. The military unit really costs far more than it's worth at the beginning. I mean, you have to try to get into a war in this game.

After cutting everything but my technology budget, I'm at a profit, and I'm still waiting on several new trading posts to complete. So I should be good.

Only problem is, those jerks in House DeVaux are taking a bunch of routes I had my eye on. Oh well, they could squish me like a bug, so no point complaining.

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 12:12 PM
Sorry about that, my homeworld is Menkab on which I've got a Spaceport in the works, as well as another Spaceport cooking on Chort and a Minor Spaceport on both Sheratan and Rastaban.

Out of curosity, how is it that we will be able to assist each other? I'm still a little fuzzy on the mechanics of the game.

Were-Sandwich
2007-09-25, 01:00 PM
Since we've got a list for Capricorn I figure I'll whip one up for Baade

House Bogdan (Bosh)

Also seems like it's much better for me after getting rid of some of that extra spending I didn't need to be doing. Shouldn't be too long before my first survey completes itself and I start raking some cash from the subsequent buildings.

And me. House Thurani of Mar-something.

Twin2
2007-09-25, 01:55 PM
Only problem is, those jerks in House DeVaux are taking a bunch of routes I had my eye on. Oh well, they could squish me like a bug, so no point complaining.

Not yet anyway. :smallwink:

Ghostwalker
2007-09-25, 02:47 PM
House Triak of Capricorn

LordVader
2007-09-25, 02:59 PM
Ghostwalker, I need your planet. Here is the list so far.
CAPRICORN GALAXY

Basically, I think we can trade with each other, coordinate efforts to maybe get one of us elected Emperor eventually, and back each other up militarily.

And eventually, I am going into military, I don't care if there aren't any wars.:smalltongue:

Ghostwalker
2007-09-25, 03:03 PM
OK. Alrescha Secundus.

DarkCorax
2007-09-25, 03:15 PM
Yay, you are within my range of influence, it looks like we have a decent spread around. Going into military at some point is probably a good idea, I've been considering it as an option at a later point...

Lizard
2007-09-25, 03:16 PM
And eventually, I am going into military, I don't care if there aren't any wars.:smalltongue:

Well...
If you want to harras enemies without getting a feud score first, you can always try to go into Covert Ops. Sabotages, assasinations, and all that jazz without need to declare war....

LordVader
2007-09-25, 03:33 PM
Yay, you are within my range of influence, it looks like we have a decent spread around. Going into military at some point is probably a good idea, I've been considering it as an option at a later point...

I just want to be a military House, I don't know why.:smalltongue: I'll be the military "muscle" for the alliance.

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 03:45 PM
I propose that those on CAPRICORN get some inter-marriages going on...to solidify our partnerships

LordVader
2007-09-25, 03:46 PM
I have a guy that's eligible, but he's kinda bad.:smallfrown:

DarkCorax
2007-09-25, 03:57 PM
I have one person eligable to marry, he's around high average...

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-25, 03:59 PM
What's the oldest Marriageable age, anyway? I've got a 24 year old who may need a hookup to solidify my next generation of administrative skills.

LordVader
2007-09-25, 04:02 PM
I have a 22-year old who is absolutely horrible. His only good trait is that he's "driven".:smallannoyed:

Ghostwalker
2007-09-25, 04:07 PM
Well my older younger nice is already spoken for, but my younger older one is yet to be married she's not the brightest of souls but she has a good heart. Although it might take a bit of time as I am still saving up for the first marriage.

Sorrry got the pair mixed up

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 04:17 PM
I've got a nephew that's looking for a bride...
A diligent, ordinary individual of giant stature. He is a mediocre duellist and an average administrator

edit: Ghost, shall we marry our factions? I can owe you a bride when your ready for one.

edit: how many hours is a Imperium day?

DarkCorax
2007-09-25, 04:43 PM
Real life hours? 2.

Ghostwalker
2007-09-25, 05:21 PM
I've got a nephew that's looking for a bride...
A diligent, ordinary individual of giant stature. He is a mediocre duellist and an average administrator

edit: Ghost, shall we marry our factions? I can owe you a bride when your ready for one.

edit: how many hours is a Imperium day?

Sure when I can get the money together we can arrange the event, although it will be 10 years before I need looking for a bride for Nephew.

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 05:22 PM
That's fine, I'm looking to expand the dynasty with children anyways...give me a couple days to get the funds if we blow a wad on the event we can get some influence.

Ghostwalker
2007-09-25, 05:25 PM
That's fine, I'm looking to expand the dynasty with children anyways...give me a couple days to get the funds if we blow a wad on the event we can get some influence.

It might take me a bit longer I need to get my fourth trade route started going then the money should start coming in.

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 05:30 PM
I actually have no idea how long it will take me actually, I've trying to get a 4 way double space port thing done (should be done by morning) at which point I'm hopefully gonna have a decent income stream.

LordVader
2007-09-25, 05:38 PM
If anyone's desperate, here's my eligible bachelor.

Reinhardt Graff Spee - Nephew of the Overlord - 22 years old.
A driven, ordinary intellectual prone to violent rages. He is an average duellist and a poor administrator.

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 06:41 PM
If anyone's desperate, here's my eligible bachelor.

Reinhardt Graff Spee - Nephew of the Overlord - 22 years old.
A driven, ordinary intellectual prone to violent rages. He is an average duellist and a poor administrator.

violent rages eh? sounds like a winner.

:)

LordVader
2007-09-25, 06:51 PM
O ya.:smallannoyed:

At least I have a promising child.

kkortekaas
2007-09-25, 07:46 PM
is it down for the rest of ya?

Bosh
2007-09-25, 11:59 PM
Also, I want to go into Military Sphere next. Is this a good or bad idea.

Its a good idea as long as you have a solid income base to fund your army with.

Indeed.

I mean, you have to try to get into a war in this game.
Well at the moment I'm raising an army that I might have to kill people with ;) So its good to have an army, but its MUCH more important to have a solid base of income first.

Out of curosity, how is it that we will be able to assist each other? I'm still a little fuzzy on the mechanics of the game.
Kill people together, export stuff that other people are making, vote for each other's candidates in planetary elections, enact favorable planetary policies, spy on/assassinate each other's enemies, marry each other, vote for each other's ideas in the galactic senate, etc.

kpenguin
2007-09-26, 12:08 AM
I was thinking, for an GitP related game, maybe Noble Houses of the Playground or something.

The game seems to be RP heavy, so I don't think that would be a good idea. I'd prefer something that sounds very legit.

Ghostwalker
2007-09-26, 07:35 AM
The game seems to be RP heavy, so I don't think that would be a good idea. I'd prefer something that sounds very legit.

How about something like the Counsel of Azure or a similar variant we keep the GtTP reference while sounding legit.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 08:26 AM
Counsel of Azure = Counsel of Blue

no thanks. (don't mean to sound too harsh)

How about Order of Burlew?

Bosh
2007-09-26, 10:12 AM
The Sapphire Order?

LordVader
2007-09-26, 10:13 AM
The Order of the <insert word here>
References OotS very well, and also sounds legit.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 10:23 AM
I'll second The Sapphire Order sounds cool.

Now the question is, how do we actually create said alliance.

DarkCorax
2007-09-26, 10:27 AM
we need someone to get up to 25 influence first, which could take some time... I've still got over a day (real time) before my first survey comes back and I can really start doing something...

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 10:40 AM
Fair enough, I've got a cluster of 4 spaceports that are ferrying people across my little corner and as long as House Eldak doesn't crowd me out I should be making profit come month end.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-26, 11:04 AM
I've increased my influence by a point. Yay!

Now, to exploit more price gaps before House DeVaux comes in with their superior capital and "balances" the economy with their too many trade routes.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 11:33 AM
I hear ya buddy, I hear ya.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 12:13 PM
Do the Imperium servers always go down this frequently? I need some diversion here at work or I'll go insane!

DarkCorax
2007-09-26, 12:32 PM
I can't access it either, and haven't been able to for about half an hour, I guess it is updates...

Novaman
2007-09-26, 12:53 PM
I can't access it either, and haven't been able to for about half an hour, I guess it is updates...

The server doesn't normally go down for more than a minute at a time for updates - the current problem is that apparently someone launched a DOS (denial of service) attack at the host server, which is shared by several sites. These are common hack attacks by people who want a site down for whatever reason - don't know which of the sites on the host machine is the one being targeted, but it's affecting Imperium Nova.

They haven't given me an ETA for when the site will be back - hopefully not too long! Try back later.

The Nova GM

Krrth
2007-09-26, 12:55 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I was beginning to worry, but now that I know what's going on, it makes things a little easier.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 01:16 PM
Yeah, thanks for letting us know...I actually didn't realize we had one of the GM's on the GiantIP boards...

LordVader
2007-09-26, 01:23 PM
I believe I've clawed my way up to 10 Influence Points. Also, how long is an IN year?

Krrth
2007-09-26, 01:27 PM
I think it's about 1 month RT.

Novaman
2007-09-26, 01:31 PM
Yeah, thanks for letting us know...I actually didn't realize we had one of the GM's on the GiantIP boards...

I wasn't - I signed up when I realised so many people from here were joining - comes in useful for occasions like...well, now!

edit: They reckon about 30 minutes now...

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 02:13 PM
This might be a stupid question, but does the server still run when we can't access it? are our game clocks still going?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-26, 02:18 PM
Actually, that's a very good question, as it would depend on whether the game engine and the web front end are handled by the same process, or even if they're on the same machine.

EDIT: House Emdikay will rule the even-numbered pages of this thread with our out-of-context posts!

Novaman
2007-09-26, 02:27 PM
It's back now, but please use http://www.imperiumnova.com and not the link in the first post of this thread, as there are still some routing issues. These should get resolved, but please update your bookmarks to always use www.imperiumnova.com anyway!

As for whether the game engine keeps running, it depends. If the site is just inaccessible (as in the present case) then yes, it keeps running. If however, the server is actually down, then it would stop running.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 02:33 PM
That's what I figured.
Thanks novaman.

edit - FYI, it's not up

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-26, 02:35 PM
I can get to it with http://www.imperiumnova.com:8080/Imperium/

Presumably this is some kind of backup port Firefox redirected to.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 02:43 PM
This sucks, I am not connecting at all.

Novaman
2007-09-26, 03:21 PM
I can get to it with http://www.imperiumnova.com:8080/Imperium/

Presumably this is some kind of backup port Firefox redirected to.

I put in a redirect. But www.imperiumnova.com should work fine.

kkortekaas
2007-09-26, 03:52 PM
Nope, still down.

LordVader
2007-09-26, 04:19 PM
It worked for me a little while ago.:smallconfused:

Ghostwalker
2007-09-26, 04:25 PM
Mines back up but only with the 8080 link.

DarkCorax
2007-09-26, 04:27 PM
I don't have any advice other than the standard "Try clearing your cashe..."

kpenguin
2007-09-27, 02:37 AM
we need someone to get up to 25 influence first, which could take some time... I've still got over a day (real time) before my first survey comes back and I can really start doing something...

That's a good point. How much influence does everybody else have so far? I've got a wee 9.

Ethdred
2007-09-27, 05:17 AM
Blimey, this has really caught on! I've had to join as well - I'm in Capricoron, so here is (I think) the full up to date list:

CAPRICORN GALAXY
House Thidela of Diphda (Ethdred)

I'll have to check how close everyone is - I think only Helvesa is within my range. I'm in mercantile - I love doing trading games. Gonna take a while to get set up but I think I have enough capital to last. I made a boo-boo initially by not working out how to upgrade facilities - so I am now building a bigger facility next door to my starting one! Hopefully it'll all work out in a few days!

kkortekaas
2007-09-27, 07:30 AM
I'm using firefox here at work and I've been having problems since the webserver went down yesterday. I've cleared all my temp internet files, and cleared my cashe, but every time I attempt to connect to http://www.imperiumnova.com/ it it redirects me to http://www.imperiumnova.com:8080 and attempts to save a file,

Please help!

Novaman
2007-09-27, 07:33 AM
Use http://www.imperiumnova.com:8080/Imperium/

kkortekaas
2007-09-27, 07:36 AM
That directs me to a blank page

SmartAlec
2007-09-27, 07:39 AM
"Your browser must have cookies and scripting enabled to access the site."

Just making sure.

Novaman
2007-09-27, 07:40 AM
That directs me to a blank page

Try using a different browser (IE maybe), it seems fine for most people - you accessed OK a few hours ago, I guess it is just your work setup that is affected?

Novaman
2007-09-27, 07:44 AM
It sounds like you already did this in your FireFox, but if not, take 'Options' from the menu
and make sure you click the 'clear all information stored while browsing' button at the bottom.

Bosh - if you could also update the link in your first post to be just www.imperiumnova.com that would be good.

Novaman
2007-09-27, 07:46 AM
The only other thing I can think of is that your work has blocked the site.

kkortekaas
2007-09-27, 07:51 AM
It's a large corporation, they don't work that quickly :) Plus, if a site is blocked we get a snazzy little message when we attempt to access it (which I am not receiving)

It's gotta be some sort of foible with my browser as it was working perfectly until the DNS attack yesterday.

Novaman
2007-09-27, 08:01 AM
Well, keep trying, and I'm sorry you're having difficulties!

As I say, download a different one - IE7 or even that Apple one Safari, which now has a Windows version which is quite snazzy, if you want to try something different!

Conqueso
2007-09-27, 08:24 AM
House Caleb of Algorab Alpha has now commenced operations in the BAADE galaxy. Please add me to the tally :smallbiggrin:

SmartAlec
2007-09-27, 08:52 AM
House Noir-Corbeau of Alrescha Secundus has commenced Mercantile operations in the Capricorn Galaxy.

Haruspex
2007-09-27, 08:52 AM
Hmmm. It's not coming up for me either. Does this happen often? I tried the links on this thread but it still "Could not be found".:smallmad:

Novaman
2007-09-27, 10:23 AM
Hmmm. It's not coming up for me either. Does this happen often? I tried the links on this thread but it still "Could not be found".:smallmad:

No, this particular problem has never happened before. There is a command that I run to set up the redirect after any reboot, but it stopped working after yesterdays problems.

In order to get the command running the hosts apparently need to reboot the entire host machine, which will bring down everybody else's sites who use it, so takes a little scheduling.

The new links should work if you delete all your cookies, temp internet files and cache. The majority of users have logged in since the crash, but there are still a few having difficulties for some reason, mainly those who previously accessed using the original link from this thread.

Twin2
2007-09-27, 10:34 AM
Seems to be working fine for me. I'm in the black though now, but only by about 9 dollars. :smallfrown:

kkortekaas
2007-09-27, 10:43 AM
Is it possible that my company's webserver is retaining something and needs to be clensed or something because I've done everything I can think of locally.

HyramGraff
2007-09-27, 10:44 AM
House Arkay of Aldebaran Prime is now opperating in mercantile in galaxy Baade. I'm planning on my second sphere being mystisism.

Novaman
2007-09-27, 10:52 AM
Is it possible that my company's webserver is retaining something and needs to be clensed or something because I've done everything I can think of locally.

I guess it's possible. I'm trying to get them to schedule a reboot of their host machine. You could log in from a different machine tho, couldn't you? I saw you were in last night.

kkortekaas
2007-09-27, 10:54 AM
Yeah I managed to connect from home.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-27, 11:03 AM
Glee! My projected profits this month are almost double my projected costs. Which is good, because I was down to almost nil cash last month. And I've got two more double-route trade locations paid for and under construction, which will boost my profits significantly when I can actually build routes.

DarkCorax
2007-09-27, 11:07 AM
Lucky you, I'm set to loose around 1k this month... oh well by next week I should be doing better, as I have very little competition in my area for geological...

Twin2
2007-09-27, 11:10 AM
Lucky you, I'm set to loose around 1k this month... oh well by next week I should be doing better, as I have very little competition in my area for geological...

Have you decommed military/cut unneeded spending (research, education, ect)? That cuts a lot off pf bills if you haven't.

Lizard
2007-09-27, 11:26 AM
Well, my house is running really nicely, 9 status score, 4 trade routes,(will increase into 7 when the upgrades of my facilities are completed), really nice income etc, etc...
However I have some questions about the game, for someone who is more experienced, or simply read the rules more carefully then I did:

-Does activities of other spheres influence the price of goods on that planet? (for example if there is a planet with a lots of Technology facilities, will it lower the prices of Hi-Tech Goods, or Machinery, etc...)

-It is possible to improve a "status" of a planet? (for example if there is a poverty-stricken planet and a lot of cash will start flowing into it, can it "rise" into a rich planet?)

-Is your administrator level the only important skill for a Head of a Sphere, or are things like inteligence or charisma also benefical (and how?)

-And...how can you increase your range of operations?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-27, 11:33 AM
-Yes.
-Presumably (I'm trying to make Pleione Australis less of a crapfest right now by exporting a lot of nonessentials at a big profit).
-Don't know, and it might depend on the sphere (Intelligence being important for Technology, Charisma for Politics)
-It increases as your tech level does, and you get a bonus for taking the Transportation sphere.

Were-Sandwich
2007-09-27, 12:25 PM
I'm seeing an Order of The Hidden Sun. Is that any of us? At least I know I can enter alliances now.

LordVader
2007-09-27, 01:20 PM
I don't think so.

I currently have 5 Tech Workshops up and running.

I'm going to Geological next, because there's real potential for profit from minerals and radioactives on some nearby planets.

Ghostwalker
2007-09-27, 03:09 PM
-Is your administrator level the only important skill for a Head of a Sphere, or are things like inteligence or charisma also benefical (and how?)

I have found stats seem to be more important than skills

With my trade routes I saw an increase of around 10% improvement when I switched from someone with poor stats but able admin skill to someone with good stats but only average admin skill. Also admin skill will improve more you use it stats will never improve.

Miklus
2007-09-27, 06:03 PM
I just started and I have a few questions. First, let me explain: I started on an arid planet with at least five others. The only "empty" sphere was agricultural, so I went for that. Not so smart on an arid planet...or maybe it was? The price of food is high and there is no competition. Water is very expensive, though. Still, there is a price difference between water and food of $15.50 and cheap labour.

Then I spotted a nearby planet that was temperate. I built another farm there, though it wont be finished for a long time. It should be more efficient, because of the climate, but there is competition from two other players. They only build one micro and one standard farm, though. I shall blow them out of the water with my mega-farm! :smallamused: Or shall I...? Maybe I shall go bankrupt...:smalleek:

There was also a water planet close by. The water there is very cheap :smallbiggrin: The water-food difference is $30! I built yet another mega-farm there. No competition either.

The next sphere shall be mercantile and I shall move water from the water planet to the dessert one for HUGE profit. Then the water shall hit my plants and I shall make money off it twice! :smallbiggrin:

Well, here come the questions:
1) There is no agriculture, almost no geo, mysticism or psonics on my planet. But there is a ridiculous amount of tech. Maybe 20-30 large facilities. It is the same on nearby planets. Why is that? Is there no limit to how many techs that can be profitable? There are almost no farms, why don't people starve? (Wait they do! On one planet anyway).

2) Why would you ever build the small facilities when the "mega" ones are obviously more cost-effective?

3) The fixed cost of your House (infrastructure, security, and army) is HUGE! Maybe my strategy is too aggressive, but if I do nothing, I will go bankrupt in a few months! Does agriculture suck that much? Or did I not build enough farms already?

Twin2
2007-09-27, 06:11 PM
Decom your military, gaurds, and cut any spending on research when starting out. It'll take a lot off your back costs wise, and they can be put back when you're better established considering very few if any people want to start anything with minnows considering the risk/rewards for doing so.

Ghostwalker
2007-09-27, 06:40 PM
1) There is no agriculture, almost no geo, mysticism or psonics on my planet. But there is a ridiculous amount of tech. Maybe 20-30 large facilities. It is the same on nearby planets. Why is that? Is there no limit to how many techs that can be profitable? There are almost no farms, why don't people starve? (Wait they do! On one planet anyway).

2) Why would you ever build the small facilities when the "mega" ones are obviously more cost-effective?

3) The fixed cost of your House (infrastructure, security, and army) is HUGE! Maybe my strategy is too aggressive, but if I do nothing, I will go bankrupt in a few months! Does agriculture suck that much? Or did I not build enough farms already?

1) Yes, a lot players are investing a lot in technology so they can rase there tech level so are building lots of facilities to fund it.

2) Cost to set up, and you get make more money by building a small facility then upgrading it.

3) The security, research and army costs are not fixed you can reduce remove them by disabling them on the Dynasty, Defence and Technology and you will probably need to do that until your earning enough money.

LordVader
2007-09-27, 09:29 PM
So should I disband my military unit?

Novaman
2007-09-27, 09:54 PM
So should I disband my military unit?

If you don't think you'll need it, disband it. It will save you money in maintenance each month, although you will only get 1/3 of the build cost back when you disband. Most people in IN are cautious, so the current trend is to disband the unit. If everyone else is doing it, you may as well do so too.

Twin2
2007-09-27, 10:45 PM
If you don't think you'll need it, disband it. It will save you money in maintenance each month, although you will only get 1/3 of the build cost back when you disband. Most people in IN are cautious, so the current trend is to disband the unit. If everyone else is doing it, you may as well do so too.

It's not like everyone's aggressive/wants to kill you if you're not in an alliance (oh cybernations how I loves you) and since it takes effort to actually be able to start a war most people won't bother with minnows/low players unless you do something to REALLY piss them off.

kpenguin
2007-09-27, 10:49 PM
Heh. Check out their boards. Apparently, they're on to us.

Twin2
2007-09-27, 11:00 PM
Heh. Check out their boards. Apparently, they're on to us.

Damn now I can't tell you guys in Baade my awesome plan to repla.....I mean serve my emperor.

kkortekaas
2007-09-28, 06:54 AM
So I restarted, I'm no longer a Transportation house, I am now a Technological House...we'll see how that goes.

Bosh
2007-09-28, 06:56 AM
Anybody who wants free tech and is within my range PM House Bogdan and I'll give you a tech agreement, the only condition is that you don't directly compete against me. I've already handed them out to a couple people.

I think it's about 1 month RT.
Yup, a year is about a real-time month.

Does activities of other spheres influence the price of goods on that planet? (for example if there is a planet with a lots of Technology facilities, will it lower the prices of Hi-Tech Goods, or Machinery, etc...)
Yes, mines and hi tech buildings lower prices for the appropriate good and construction buildings raise prices for machinery and research buildings raise prices for hi-tech goods.

It is possible to improve a "status" of a planet? (for example if there is a poverty-stricken planet and a lot of cash will start flowing into it, can it "rise" into a rich planet?)
Yes, but only the planetary governor has the tools to do that. I'm doing just that on Eltanin.

Charisma helps with politics, the other two stats help with lowering maintenance costs.

I'm seeing an Order of The Hidden Sun. Is that any of us?
Nope, that's mostly a group of Beta players. There's currently no plans to make an OoTS alliance on Baade, but if you make one I'm sure you could get people to join and I would provide aid to an Order of the Stick alliance but want to keep out of all alliances myself.

They only build one micro and one standard farm, though. I shall blow them out of the water with my mega-farm! Or shall I...? Maybe I shall go bankrupt...
I'd build a mega farm on a temperate planet. A temperate planet can support several mega farms.

The next sphere shall be mercantile and I shall move water from the water planet to the dessert one for HUGE profit. Then the water shall hit my plants and I shall make money off it twice!
I did something along those lines in beta. Worked decently.

There is no agriculture, almost no geo, mysticism or psonics on my planet. But there is a ridiculous amount of tech. Maybe 20-30 large facilities. It is the same on nearby planets. Why is that?
Tech is the most profitable sphere in the short term (geological is probably the most profitable in the long term but takes more time because of the surveys) so the tech houses got MASSIVE (me included) and spammed buildings all over the place. Soon the tech market will be completely saturated and a lot of the tech houses will be in a lot of pain.

y would you ever build the small facilities when the "mega" ones are obviously more cost-effective?
1. If you're in a hurry.
2. If you're doing merchantile or transporation.

The fixed cost of your House (infrastructure, security, and army) is HUGE!
Get rid of your fixed costs. Cut those costs to the bone (except for infastructure you can get rid of the lot of them and you should as long as you're a minnow).

Right now Baade is peaceful. I'm bulding a modest army and I'm sure that Cypher and the Emperor have some troops as well but I think that pretty much everyone else is just trying to get on their feet economically at the moment.

Miklus
2007-09-28, 11:31 AM
OK, thanks for the advice. I will try to cut costs.

I'm in Galaxy Baade too. That Cypher guy is HUGE. He has all those tech bulidings I mentioned. :smalleek:

...anyone want to buy a cactus? :smalltongue:

Bosh
2007-09-28, 10:20 PM
OK, thanks for the advice. I will try to cut costs.

I'm in Galaxy Baade too. That Cypher guy is HUGE. He has all those tech bulidings I mentioned. :smalleek:

...anyone want to buy a cactus? :smalltongue:

Cypher is big but I'm not much smaller :) Also he's going to start getting undercut by competition and will be smacking his head against the wall of diminishing returns DAMN soon.

Twin2
2007-09-29, 06:09 PM
Well I've got enough status now to branch out into a second sphere. I'm in the geological sphere now, but I'm not sure what'd be a good second sphere to compliment it at the moment. Any advice?

Bosh
2007-09-29, 09:55 PM
Merchantile? That way you can mine a bunch where the minerals are and then export them with merchantile if you saturate the market.

Twin2
2007-09-29, 10:05 PM
Merchantile? That way you can mine a bunch where the minerals are and then export them with merchantile if you saturate the market.

I figured that'd be the next sphere I move into, but I'm just wondering what my plans should start to be in terms of expanding with that. I don't want to step on anyone larger's toes if possible.

Haruspex
2007-09-30, 06:45 AM
Bah. I still can't access Imperium Nova from my hostel internet. Only the computers in the library seem to work. I don't think I can manage my house very well like this.:smallfrown:

Oh, well. Tomorrow, to the library!:smallamused:

Miklus
2007-09-30, 06:07 PM
Well I've got enough status now to branch out into a second sphere. I'm in the geological sphere now, but I'm not sure what'd be a good second sphere to compliment it at the moment. Any advice?

I think Merc too. Then you can export your precious metals to the markets with the best price. There is this guy near me with 12 gold mines on this one planet at the very corner of the galaxy. He has much gold, but nowhere to sell it! He gets maybe $55 on his planet, but could get $120-130 on nearby planets. He has asked some of the merc houses to export gold for him, but I don't think they can reach his planet.

I have a question too. I have five farms now, but only one of them is making real profit. The others only make profit because of the subsidy. Is agricultre that hard or do I just suck? What is more importaint: Price of water or cost of labor? Or mayby climate? (Obviously the price of food is the most importaint). Also, there is this one planet with "famine" on it, but prices are low and I can't even make real profit there! Famine my ....! :smallannoyed:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-30, 08:35 PM
I'm in the process of gradually moving my HQ to Edasich.

I'm not just copying you, Bosh, Edasic's just the most centrally-located planet I can move to and still keep all my trade routes active, since I have very profitable facilities on Alphard, Pleione, and Aludra, and only 6 squares of range.

I'm also two status away from a second sphere...what to do...a goods-production sphere seems sensible, as I can move the finished products to keep prices nice and balanced. Or unbalanced, as the case may be. Agriculture is under-represented, but will eventually become unprofitable. Technology, on the other hand, looks to be oversaturated on a galactic scale. This leaves geology, which seems overly difficult, but there's enough untapped resources I can live with it.

The eventual tertiary spheres will be for useful but unprofitable things, like covert ops, politics, and military.

kkortekaas
2007-10-01, 08:11 AM
Strattlich should be showing a profit in the 6.5 to 7 k range for this month which is severely kick arse. I'm also about to choose my second sphere, I'm still torn as to which to choose, it's a toss up between Psionics , or Politics

I'll probably end up going Psionics and then becoming a site member later on and pick up Politics and Covert Ops.

Miklus
2007-10-01, 10:40 AM
Agriculture is under-represented, but will eventually become unprofitable.

Yes, you get a heavy tax once you hit 50 status. I don't really see how you can turn a profit at that stage. I think agriculture is only ment as a safe, sure-fire way to get new houses up and running. It's a sphere that the established houses just can't be bothered with. I am already thinking about what sphere I will have to migrate to once I hit Status 50. Or maybe even at status 20, when the subsidies disappear. I am not even sutain I can turn a profit without subsidies. :smallfrown:

kpenguin
2007-10-01, 10:18 PM
@kkortekaas

I see you're the deputy for the Conclave. Does that mean you won't join the prospective GitP alliance?

kkortekaas
2007-10-02, 06:55 AM
The Conclave is a temp stopover for me personally, none of us are powerful enough to field the GiantIP Alliance yet so for mutual prospoerity I've banded together with some people in my area. My Alliance Leader House Ser Noche knows this as I haven't attempted to hide it.

Fear not, I'm all over the GiantIP Alliance like stink on a monkey once we get it up and running.

Also, by the time I'm finished work tonight, I should have about 4k in the "bank" and enough status to pick another sphere, but I think I'll build another fortress on a more centralized planet first before I branch out.

kkortekaas
2007-10-02, 06:58 AM
For ease of finding the GiantIPers in Capricorn

CAPRICORN GALAXY

I've actually talked with Ghostwalker in game, and I've got another GiantIPer in The Conclave with me.

If your playing in Capricorn and arn't on the list let me know.

Lizard
2007-10-03, 03:29 PM
Sooo...I finally got enough influence to open up secondary sphere, but I am not quite sure what it should be...
My primary sphere is Mercantile, and my sector is already overcrowded with Transportation and Psionics facilities, so I probably wouldnt like to go into that direction...
Any Advice?:smallconfused:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-03, 04:55 PM
Second sphere time for me too...of course, I spent most of my treasury establishing the facilities to get that status.

Anyhow, Geology or Construction? Geology requires a lot of work, but it has the benefit of directly creating resources I can export. Construction is fire and forget, but unreliable. Hm.

Also, I am now HQ'd on Edasich, much more centrally located.

Twin2
2007-10-03, 09:49 PM
Geology doesn't seem like that much of work to be honest. Find a resource rich planet, do survey to find stuff, build mines, and profit. It's worked out for me so far, and it should carry my a bit longer until I'm established enough to branch into mercantile.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-03, 09:59 PM
So, it turns out that the extra fortress gave me three influence. And I disbanded it. Someone could have told me that the entire influence boost was from one facility, you know.

*cries*

LordVader
2007-10-03, 10:01 PM
Geology doesn't seem like that much of work to be honest. Find a resource rich planet, do survey to find stuff, build mines, and profit. It's worked out for me so far, and it should carry my a bit longer until I'm established enough to branch into mercantile.

I can make ridiculous amount of profit from some nearby planets once I can get into geology.

Twin2
2007-10-03, 10:57 PM
I can make ridiculous amount of profit from some nearby planets once I can get into geology.

I'll have 5g at the end of this month with operations on 1 world. Once I get really going it'll be sick.

Twin2
2007-10-04, 11:42 AM
Looks like we get to see some action now since someone got caught spying on the emperor in baade, who in turn whupped his ass on a planet after not apologizing for it.

Miklus
2007-10-04, 01:32 PM
Looks like we get to see some action now since someone got caught spying on the emperor in baade, who in turn whupped his ass on a planet after not apologizing for it.

Yeah, that was in my galaxy. What was up with that? Are we gonna see an all out war or is the other guy just gonna take it and whimp out? I'm guessing the second. How many buildings did he loose? Does anyone know?

Also, there was a rather bloody prizefight! Is that some way to get rid of annoying family members? :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Oh, and someone threw an orgy! Baade is the party galaxy! :smallwink:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-04, 01:54 PM
My favorite part of that was Sub Rosa's forum comment.

I thought it [spying] would be more like my job, where I can do whatever I like for months without be noticed. Why does bureucracy work better in computer games?

HyramGraff
2007-10-04, 02:28 PM
Is anyone interested in making a house list for Baade similar to the one for Capricorn?

Miklus
2007-10-04, 03:12 PM
Is anyone interested in making a house list for Baade similar to the one for Capricorn?

Yeah, I'll start: House Conor Acies of Algorab Alpha. Leader: Wren Conor Acies, cactus farmer extraordinaire!

Conqueso
2007-10-04, 03:37 PM
Ok, adding to the work done by others previously in the thread, this is the whole list for BAADE as far as I can tell:

House Bogdan (Bosh)

Bosh, being you are the originator of this thread, would you be willing to copy this and the Capricorn list to the end of your original post?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-04, 03:43 PM
House Emdikay has moved its operations to Edasich, just so you know.

HyramGraff
2007-10-04, 04:23 PM
Ok, adding to the work done by others previously in the thread, this is the whole list for BAADE as far as I can tell:

I'll add myself to the list as I seemed to have been missed.

House Bogdan (Bosh)
House Arkay of Aldebaran Prime (HyramGraff)

Xefas
2007-10-04, 04:26 PM
Hiya, I was just looking around the site and reading this thread, and the game looks interesting enough to try. Although I'm not using a computer with which I can sign up for it at the moment, I'd still like to learn a little about it for later today or tommorrow, when I can.

So... the mysticism sphere? Is it any good? I don't think I saw anyone else in the thread talking about it.

Maybe I could make some kind of Giant reference in the name of the cult or church. Wikipedia says 'Nephilim' is some hebrew thing for giants...d'ya think that'd work?

HyramGraff
2007-10-04, 04:42 PM
So... the mysticism sphere? Is it any good? I don't think I saw anyone else in the thread talking about it.

The mysticism sphere is RP sphere and it looks to be a cash drain for the most part. You'd need to have a good cash earning sphere before you start mysticism. I had first planed on going into that sphere as my second choice but now I"m starting to re-think the idea.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-04, 04:51 PM
Mysticism, Politics, et al all seem to be best choices for tertiary spheres, after primary and secondary moneymakers.

Also, historically, Nephilim were originally human/angel hybrids. If I were starting a Giant in the Playground church, I'd probably call it the Order of Illumination (after his campaign setting (not The World or his Setting Search submission)), or make a Babylon 5 reference, as that's apparently where he got the name in the first place.

Xefas
2007-10-04, 04:59 PM
Oh, thanks for the advice. So...ummm...well, I read about primary spheres that you start with, and secondary spheres that you get once you attain a certain amount of influence...but what are tertiary spheres? I thought you could only have 2.

And...I didn't know that! But Order of Illumination sounds a lot better anyway. Thank you again.

Ghostwalker
2007-10-04, 05:12 PM
Oh, thanks for the advice. So...ummm...well, I read about primary spheres that you start with, and secondary spheres that you get once you attain a certain amount of influence...but what are tertiary spheres? I thought you could only have 2.

And...I didn't know that! But Order of Illumination sounds a lot better anyway. Thank you again.

You can have up to 7 but you have to subscribe to have more than 2.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-04, 06:20 PM

As long as it involves worshiping some sort of bearded Titan, mind. And opposition to the cult of some sort of cow-demon. Okay, maybe that's stretching it.

Xefas
2007-10-04, 06:37 PM
Aw, bummer. I don't think I wanna invest enough time to merit subscription, but maybe once I start playing, that'll change.

Right now I'm thinking Transportation and then Mysticism as my second, and optimized income be damned!

Bosh
2007-10-05, 05:44 AM
Name list added to first post

Transporation and mysticism would be an excellent combination since transporation increases the range at which you can plant missions.

Mysticism makes negative money in the early stages and grows veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly but I think it has the potential to make good money in the long term once you get a big chunk of population to join your religion.

Xefas
2007-10-05, 07:58 PM
GAH! I just went to sign up and they said all the galaxies were full, so they denied me. :smalleek:

Woe is me!

Bosh
2007-10-05, 09:56 PM
GAH! I just went to sign up and they said all the galaxies were full, so they denied me. :smalleek:

Woe is me!

Actually that could be very good. If you get to be in the the third galaxy you will get to start in a nice fresh galaxy without almost any annoying competition when the third galaxy opens :)

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-05, 10:12 PM
Yeah, and maybe every single house won't be flooding the tech market on every planet.

The Precious Metals market on the other hand...go ahead and keep flooding that. Especially on Eltanin. Sweet Muad'dib, that's great.

Ethdred
2007-10-06, 04:26 AM

Woe is me!

Keep trying as there are inactive accounts that get flushed after 28 days - some have started dropping off. I'm still seeing people start in our galaxy

Ethdred
2007-10-06, 04:28 AM
For ease of finding the GiantIPers in Capricorn

CAPRICORN GALAXY

I've actually talked with Ghostwalker in game, and I've got another GiantIPer in The Conclave with me.

If your playing in Capricorn and arn't on the list let me know.

By the tampons of the Bene Gesserit, he's only gone and missed out his own alliance mate!! Oi! It's me, House Thidela, remember!!

Novaman
2007-10-06, 12:23 PM

Woe is me!

Don't despair! There is a waiting list and a new Galaxy will be opened up in about a week - so if you're on the waiting list now, it's a good chance to get in to the new Galaxy at the beginning in just a few days time. All those on the waiting list will be emailed at the appropriate time.

ilovefire
2007-10-06, 02:07 PM
Hello! This looked interesting, so I decided to start. I'm House De Vexan, of Avior Borealis, in Galaxy Baade. Just started up, decided to go with a primary sphere of Technology, partially because I'm a masochist so didn't want to go with Agriculture.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-06, 02:20 PM
Just as a warning, the Tech market's a bit flooded in Baade.

And ding, 14 Rep. I'll be opening my second sphere just as soon as I get the cash for it - the thing about starting out in this game is that you spend about as much money as you make. Fortunately, I'm spending and making a lot of money.

Now, geology to create commodities, or construction for an almost-guaranteed moneymaker? The Precious Metals and Luxuries markets seem to be nearing capacity already in my part of the galaxy, is why I'm worried about geo.

Seriously, every other freakin' page, I'm at the top of it.

kpenguin
2007-10-07, 04:33 AM
kkortekaas seems to have the most influence in Capricorn among us GitPers at this point. Would you be willing to start the GitP alliance? Or perhaps we should all join the Conclave, since at least three GitPers are in it already.

Bosh
2007-10-07, 05:48 AM
Now, geology to create commodities, or construction for an almost-guaranteed moneymaker?
Construction makes GREAT money but only if you don't have competition, if you do it sucks. Also its not a great source of status...

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-07, 12:32 PM
Went with Geo, actually. There are enough worlds that aren't being strip-mined quite yet.

Now I just have to wait a month and a half for my first surveys to come back...

kpenguin
2007-10-09, 12:37 AM
I'm thinking of opening into the Transportation sphere once I get enough money to set up the infrastructure due to the lack of competition.

Any tips?

kkortekaas
2007-10-09, 06:44 AM
kkortekaas seems to have the most influence in Capricorn among us GitPers at this point. Would you be willing to start the GitP alliance? Or perhaps we should all join the Conclave, since at least three GitPers are in it already.

What now? I'm currently part of an Alliance of Houses called The Conclave, with our aims to unify the fringes of the Empire, with our current focus the North East Quadrant.

We've got a nice mix of houses and we're working together really well, we actually just sought out and recruited two agriculture houses so as to export food to our cluster of stars in large quantities (attempt to boost population).

The best part is, I seem to have resolved things with my initial "arch-nemesis" House Eldak, and we're working really well together now.

If your interested in joining The Conclave and are in the Galactic North or East, toss me a message in game, I'm currently the deputy so I can get you in.

Haruspex
2007-10-09, 07:00 AM
I'm thinking of opening into the Transportation sphere once I get enough money to set up the infrastructure due to the lack of competition.

Any tips?

Not really. I haven't figured out why some routes get better profits than others. You need two "slots", one on each planet, to begin a route. Basic spaceports can host one route, and the bigger versions can hold two or three routes.

So if you have a 3rd-level port on one planet, and a 1st-level port on each of three other planets, you can host three routes, between the three planets and the one with the 3rd-level port. The 1st-level ports take about 17 game days to build, and the routes take 2 or 3 I think. Hope that makes sense.

LordVader
2007-10-09, 10:59 AM
I'm around 12 influence. Is anyone else in the general South-West of Capricorn besides me?

Also, I need a wife for one of my House members.

Reinhardt Graff Spee - Nephew of the Overlord - 23 years old.

Novaman
2007-10-09, 11:49 AM
The new galaxy (Avalon) has now been opened up to run in tandem with Baade and Capricorn. No more waiting list...all those on the list have been informed and anyone joining over the next couple of weeks is pretty certain to get a place in Avalon.

http://www.imperiumnova.com

HyramGraff
2007-10-09, 12:39 PM
House Arkay of Aldebaran Prime is now opperating in mercantile in galaxy Baade.

I'm now House Arkay of Procyon Secundus opperating in Tech in Avalon.

kkortekaas
2007-10-09, 01:07 PM
Graff, nice Ender's game reference.

DarkCorax
2007-10-09, 04:17 PM
Current GitP Avalon Houses:

GALAXY AVALON
House Thidela of Nekkar (Ethdred)
House Helvesa of Spica (Darkcorax)
House Arkay of Procyon Secundus (HyramGraff)

Restarted as Transport this time...

LordVader
2007-10-09, 07:24 PM
Graff, nice Ender's game reference.

Actually, I named it after the WWII German battlecruiser, but yeah, that works too.:smalltongue:

Xefas
2007-10-09, 07:27 PM
Current GitP Avalon Houses:

GALAXY AVALON

Restarted as Transport this time...

I'm a transportation sphere guy, House Xiranthador, in Galaxy Avalon

EDIT: My homeworld is Thuban
EDIT: House Arkay's world is only a couple of squares out of my operating area. I might be able to set up a route to your world sometime soon. Does that mean your tech gets shipped out everywhere? I'm still not entirely sure how interactions like that work in this game...

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-09, 07:52 PM
As tempting as it is to jump ship, I think I'll stay in Baade, with its stagnant tech market and buggy feud scores. I'm just getting to the point where I can branch out.

Ominous
2007-10-10, 12:30 AM
House Cartheon of Merope in the Avalon Galaxy.

Haruspex
2007-10-10, 08:34 AM
I'm around 12 influence. Is anyone else in the general South-West of Capricorn besides me?

How interesting. I'm in the southwest of Capricorn, on Asellus, and I have a 23-year old lady eligible to marry. Can't remember her name or her stats though. :smallredface: (I was too busy with "important" things like having a positive income.)

tetsubo
2007-10-10, 10:15 AM

Haven't said anything as these things usually don't hold my intrest long but This seems to be a different. I am on the south west

House Jarteh on Alkes 9. I don't think I have any wemon for you as there are either over 44 or under 12.

LordVader
2007-10-10, 10:18 AM
How interesting. I'm in the southwest of Capricorn, on Asellus, and I have a 23-year old lady eligible to marry. Can't remember her name or her stats though. :smallredface: (I was too busy with "important" things like having a positive income.)

Alright, I'll contact you ingame.

Lizard
2007-10-10, 10:18 AM
I forefited my account in Capricon Galaxy and began a new one in AVALON.

House Vlkovitz of Alnitak, still playins as Mercantile

HyramGraff
2007-10-10, 10:32 AM
I'm a transportation sphere guy, House Xiranthador, in Galaxy Avalon

EDIT: My homeworld is Thuban
EDIT: House Arkay's world is only a couple of squares out of my operating area. I might be able to set up a route to your world sometime soon. Does that mean your tech gets shipped out everywhere? I'm still not entirely sure how interactions like that work in this game...

Actually, transportation moves people around. Mercentile is what moves goods around.

Haruspex
2007-10-10, 10:36 AM
Alright, I'll contact you ingame.

About that, I only log in when I'm at "work" as the internet in my hostel for some reason can go to every other website in the world except for Imperium Nova. The ones in the uni cafe and library can get on though, so I'll respond when I get there (tomorrow, it's midnight now).

Miklus
2007-10-10, 11:08 AM
News update from GNN:

Galaxy Baade is heating up. Some guy just got rubbed of the map, but he had it comming. He attacked first and without warning. Then he got "renegated" and everybody piled on him.

How are things in Capricorn and Avalon?

Garatolla
2007-10-10, 12:24 PM
House Kurdansk, planet Biham, avalon galaxy, looking lost and confused >.>

DarkCorax
2007-10-10, 12:46 PM
GALAXY AVALON
House Xiranthador of Thuban (Xefas)
House Vlkovitz of Alnitak (Lizzard)
House Cartheon of Merope (Ominous)
House Kurdansk of Biham (Garatolla)

Meh, Avalon is very quiet at the moment, being a new galaxy, but I suppose it is an advantage as there is little competition.

Garatolla, you are within my operating area (I even have a hub there...), but I haven't played Technology, so I can't give you much advice, although I'm considering it as a secondary/tertiary sphere...

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-10, 02:24 PM
Baade really is heating up. I'm beginning to build up military around my major import hubs (those being on the more expensive-to-build-on planets) just in case. Plus, forts give a lot of influence.

Twin2
2007-10-10, 03:42 PM
Baade really is heating up. I'm beginning to build up military around my major import hubs (those being on the more expensive-to-build-on planets) just in case. Plus, forts give a lot of influence.

Seems like it's a squabble between those sun people and the emperor so if you're not with either of them you've got nothing to worry about.

LordVader
2007-10-10, 07:57 PM

You're out of my building range, but maybe we can still work it out. Can you give me house name?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-10, 08:01 PM
Seems like it's a squabble between those sun people and the emperor so if you're not with either of them you've got nothing to worry about.
Never hurts to be safe. Plus, I don't want some crazy guy like Tharnios randomly tearing down all my spaceports on Fortuna because he's tired of the game and wants to be wiped out.

Twin2
2007-10-10, 09:33 PM
Never hurts to be safe. Plus, I don't want some crazy guy like Tharnios randomly tearing down all my spaceports on Fortuna because he's tired of the game and wants to be wiped out.

No offense meant by this, but I'd think that people like that would hit the target that gives them the most bang for the buck like someone high in the emperor's alliance, emperor, ect. Just seems like a waste otherwise.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-10, 11:53 PM
I think you're missing the whole "excuse to arm myself" angle. And again, a simple guard post on a planet seems to be enough to increase my influence by a whole step there.

Xefas
2007-10-11, 12:01 AM
I think you're missing the whole "excuse to arm myself" angle. And again, a simple guard post on a planet seems to be enough to increase my influence by a whole step there.

I'd like to note you're at the top of this page as well.

Anyway, so, I'm a little unsure of whether to be building a bunch of little ports or the big expensive ones. Which one is more cost-effective?

And if there is no (literally zero) competition, is it a bad thing to ramp up your transportation costs to the max?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-11, 12:40 AM
As a mercantile house, I generally build small ports so I can get trade routes up and running faster, and then upgrade each facility as demand...demands. The same principle probably applies to Transportation as well.

As to your second question, it probably wouldn't hurt. Just make sure you're running from planets where people can afford your routes.

kpenguin
2007-10-11, 12:49 AM
Capricorn is very much more peaceful compared to what you've described of Baade. I haven't seen any military operations since I joined and most of the conflicts is settled through espionage. It does seem like one of the houses is just begging for trouble, however, openly trafficking narcotics and insulting the Empress... and calling my head an imperial lapdog.

Garatolla
2007-10-11, 01:17 AM
Dark Corax: If my doddering about with tech results in anything good, I'll swing you some info, atm I'm waiting for time to grind by though.... -_-

Jimorian
2007-10-11, 08:49 AM
House Belsira of Merak Prime in Galaxy Avalon (about as far SouthEast as you can get on the map). Same user name as here.

Geological. Though I'm having to wait on some surveys before I can really get going, it looks like I'll be able to get into at least a small profit fairly quickly once that happens.

HyramGraff
2007-10-11, 10:11 AM
I'd like to note you're at the top of this page as well.

Anyway, so, I'm a little unsure of whether to be building a bunch of little ports or the big expensive ones. Which one is more cost-effective?

And if there is no (literally zero) competition, is it a bad thing to ramp up your transportation costs to the max?

If you have no direct competition for the routes, then extortinate is the rate that they should be set at. It may not feel nice to gouge the pesants but they'll pay what they must to trave.

Cannon Fodder
2007-10-11, 09:12 PM
Hi there, I started a house in Avalon called House Namis of Procyon Secundus. Currently I seem to be the only one with the psionic sphere. Go stranglehold, Go!

Xefas
2007-10-11, 10:14 PM
If you have no direct competition for the routes, then extortinate is the rate that they should be set at. It may not feel nice to gouge the pesants but they'll pay what they must to trave.

Mmmm...alright. Yeah, I felt kinda bad about that, since my planet is poor. Maybe once I get mysticism I can make overpaying for travel expenses a facet of my religion! Then I won't have to feel so bad, 'cause my extortionary rate is helping people find a more peaceful afterlife. Brilliant!

Ominous
2007-10-12, 02:06 PM
Hi there, I started a house in Avalon called House Namis of Procyon Secundus. Currently I seem to be the only one with the psionic sphere. Go stranglehold, Go!

I almost went Psionics when I started, because no one was in that sphere, but decided to go mercantile. Don't worry, you'll have competition soon enough as I was planning for that or financial to be my second sphere.

Mmmm...alright. Yeah, I felt kinda bad about that, since my planet is poor. Maybe once I get mysticism I can make overpaying for travel expenses a facet of my religion! Then I won't have to feel so bad, 'cause my extortionary rate is helping people find a more peaceful afterlife. Brilliant!

"If you buy our economy class coffin, it will take 500 years for your soul to reach heaven, you don't get an in flight meal, and it's two souls to every seat.

"The first class coffin gets you to heaven in 1 day, you get the all-you-can-eat buffet, and you get an entire row to yourself."

Miklus
2007-10-13, 12:58 PM
News update from GNN:

Planet Uluwhatever in galaxy Baade has banned trade in machinery and Hi-Tech goods. Is this a sign that prices in those goods is about to collapse? Is the Tech bubble about to burst?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-13, 09:14 PM
All I know is, I'm out of the Dope market.

Rassafrackin' oppressive imperial police...

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-14, 03:25 PM
I just started House Cyrosea, HQ on Sulafat Prime, in the Avalon galaxy. Is there anybody else from GiantITP in that area? I'm in the geological sector, and there's almost no competition.

DarkCorax
2007-10-14, 03:38 PM
There's a couple up in your corner (House Xiranthador of Thuban and House Vlkovitz of Alnitak are the closest), infact we seem to have a pretty good spread over Avalon, only the far bottom left is empty...

GALAXY AVALON update:
House Xiranthador of Thuban (Xefas)
House Vlkovitz of Alnitak (Lizzard)
House Cartheon of Merope (Ominous)
House Kurdansk of Biham (Garatolla)
House Belsira of Merak Prime (Jimor)
House Namis of Procyon Secundus (Cannon Fodder)
House Cyrosea of Sulafat Prime (Rigel Cyrosea)

On another note, if you have no competition transportation is an amazing profit maker I'm getting around 9k profit a month now...

Lizard
2007-10-14, 03:38 PM
I just started House Cyrosea, HQ on Sulafat Prime, in the Avalon galaxy. Is there anybody else from GiantITP in that area? I'm in the geological sector, and there's almost no competition.

I am around there, doing my shady mercantile business. :smallcool:
Infact, I think I have one mercantile center on your homeworld
(House Vlkovitz)

kpenguin
2007-10-14, 03:56 PM
With my transportation sphere up, my income has made a massive leap. I might have made a mistake going to agriculture.

Sage of Laputa
2007-10-14, 06:19 PM
Hoorah,

House Cloverdale of Thuban in Avalon, here to provide that once in a lifetime trip to another planet. Currently expanding and upgrading to provide more destinations and more travel styles for everyone from the rich (not that any live on Thuban) to the dirt poor (which is most of my clientele).

I am currently leaking money like a spigot to build minor spaceports in various places, and am undercutting the other person on my planet in transport. (sorry, but we are in direct competition it seems). Now I just need to finish building up my stuff and I will hopefully turn a profit.

LordVader
2007-10-14, 07:42 PM
Any good choices for a second sphere of operations?

Xefas
2007-10-14, 07:49 PM

I'm building a Starport there at the moment, actually.

Hoorah,

House Cloverdale of Thuban in Avalon, here to provide that once in a lifetime trip to another planet. Currently expanding and upgrading to provide more destinations and more travel styles for everyone from the rich (not that any live on Thuban) to the dirt poor (which is most of my clientele).

I am currently leaking money like a spigot to build minor spaceports in various places, and am undercutting the other person on my planet in transport. (sorry, but we are in direct competition it seems). Now I just need to finish building up my stuff and I will hopefully turn a profit.

You've come to my homeworld and encroached upon my business, good sir! I demand SATISFACTION!

Sage of Laputa
2007-10-14, 08:09 PM
You've come to my homeworld and encroached upon my business, good sir! I demand SATISFACTION!

A man must make an honest living, and as for coming to our homeworld, the powers that be punted my house and I there.

Perhaps we are looking at this the wrong way. This game is modeled after Dune, yes? Perhaps we could recreate the Spacer Guild, and have a monopoly across the universe!

...Well?

LordVader
2007-10-14, 08:09 PM
There's only one way to settle this! DEATHMATCH! :smalltongue:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-14, 08:21 PM
No, seriously, that's the usual way to settle these things.

LordVader
2007-10-14, 08:22 PM
I know.:smalltongue:

I just went into Mercantile sphere, as well. We'll see how that works out.

Xefas
2007-10-14, 08:37 PM
A man must make an honest living, and as for coming to our homeworld, the powers that be punted my house and I there.

Perhaps we are looking at this the wrong way. This game is modeled after Dune, yes? Perhaps we could recreate the Spacer Guild, and have a monopoly across the universe!

...Well?

We should! I agree! Wholeheartedly! Then, it's decided!

How do we do that?!

Neftren
2007-10-14, 09:06 PM
I just joined, I'm the House of the Old Coyote, and I just took geological, since three planets near me have large deposits... supposedly. Dispatching a survey to them to find out what the deposits contain.

Ominous
2007-10-15, 12:35 AM
I just joined, I'm the House of the Old Coyote, and I just took geological, since three planets near me have large deposits... supposedly. Dispatching a survey to them to find out what the deposits contain.

Us xenophobic Meropians need to band together and erradicate all the non-Meropians.

kpenguin
2007-10-17, 11:20 PM
huh, a mysterious fire just struck a Graff Spee facility. Make any enemies, LordVader?

LordVader
2007-10-18, 06:27 AM
If so, not on purpose. And another one?:smallannoyed:

Is there any way to find out who's doing it?

kpenguin
2007-10-18, 06:31 AM
If so, not on purpose. And another one?:smallannoyed:

Is there any way to find out who's doing it?

Put money into counterintelligence.

LordVader
2007-10-18, 06:34 AM
You mean espionage? I have one agent on Pallas, but he's done crap.:smallannoyed:

Xefas
2007-10-18, 06:51 AM
Put money into counterintelligence.

Is that like buying stock in Microsoft?

----

Anyway, so I have 7 'ports and 6 routes, and my projected end of month balance is something like 25,000 solars. What do I do O_o?! Do I even need more routes? I mean...how do I get more influence so I can get another sphere?

Haruspex
2007-10-18, 06:57 AM
Have a wild party. Party! Party! Party!

Seriously, expensive parties can apparently boost your status albeit temporarily. Don't know if party status counts towards spheres though.

kkortekaas
2007-10-18, 07:07 AM
Again, I put out the call to all GiantIPers to join The Conclave, although most of our members are in the Galactic North East, we strongly believe in an alliance of "lesser" houses (lesser influence wise, not strength of character) on the fringes of the Galactic Core to benefit us all.

If your interested either drop me a line here, or send me a message in game House Stattlich based from Thuban.

Xefas
2007-10-18, 07:17 AM
Have a wild party. Party! Party! Party!

Seriously, expensive parties can apparently boost your status albeit temporarily. Don't know if party status counts towards spheres though.

How do you throw a party?

Haruspex
2007-10-18, 07:23 AM
I think there's an option for it in the Embassy section, not so sure now (I can't access Nova from home :smallfrown: ). IIRC the grandest one gets up to 10k or something like that and gives you +10 status. I was browsing through the options and saw it there. It was either "party" or "function" or some similar word.

DarkCorax
2007-10-18, 07:49 AM
Get more routes, I have 9 routes at the moment, with two more and am getting around 21K a month Gross, but money disappears quickly. And start building up an army/ building fortresses to increase influence, there's not much point in having a party at this stage, use the money to open a new sphere when you get to it.

kpenguin
2007-10-18, 07:59 AM
>20K a month?! Man, am I ever regretting starting out in Agriculture.

Steve_the_ERB
2007-10-18, 08:09 AM
Well house Erb of Albis has commenced operations in the Avalon galaxy. So I'd be happy to support the group with my geologic resources.

kkortekaas
2007-10-18, 08:22 AM
kpenguin don't freak out, Agriculture IS a viable way to start off the game, once you have the ability to get another sphere, drop Agriculture to second teir and get a more profitable sphere as your primary.

Then when your able to create a tertiary sphere, start a second sphere and replace Agricutlure.

Xefas
2007-10-18, 08:55 AM
kpenguin don't freak out, Agriculture IS a viable way to start off the game, once you have the ability to get another sphere, drop Agriculture to second teir and get a more profitable sphere as your primary.

Then when your able to create a tertiary sphere, start a second sphere and replace Agricutlure.

I think it needs mentioning that tertiary spheres require you to subscribe...with...money. Actual money.

Just saying...y'know, if you don't plan on paying a monthly fee, don't count on tertiary spheres.

I know I'm not. :smallannoyed: I'm still wondering how I'm going to pay for WAR's monthly fee when it comes out. Or, heck, what if my computer needs upgrading just to play it? Meh, stupid college -.- stupid ramen noodles