PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed How do I replaced a wizard's Scribe Scroll with Spell Focus of my choice?

thorr-kan
2018-11-05, 03:06 PM
How do I replaced a wizard's Scribe Scroll with Spell Focus of my choice? (Excepting DM fiat, of course. You can always *ask.*) Any first party source, Dragon Magazine or it's cousins, or the old wizard's webpage are acceptable sources.

Wizard has to be human, 1st level wizard.

There aren't a lot of ACF's that affect Scribe Scroll, which surprises me.

I don't think retraining applies, because Scribe Scroll is not from a list of bonus feats, it's just granted as a bonus feat.

(ETA: First level requirement, which I managed to delete when I was revising my original post.)

RoboEmperor
2018-11-05, 03:07 PM
How do I replaced a wizard's Scribe Scroll with Spell Focus of my choice? (Excepting DM fiat, of course. You can always *ask.*) Any first party source, Dragon Magazine or it's cousins, or the old wizard's webpage are acceptable sources.

Wizard has to be human.

There aren't a lot of ACF's that affect Scribe Scroll, which surprises me.

I don't think retraining applies, because Scribe Scroll is not from a list of bonus feats, it's just granted as a bonus feat.

Dark Chaos Shuffle.

Cast Embrace the Dark Chaos then Shun the Dark Chaos.

I warn you though, this is TO territory.

thorr-kan
2018-11-05, 03:18 PM
Dark Chaos Shuffle.

Cast Embrace the Dark Chaos then Shun the Dark Chaos.

I warn you though, this is TO territory.
Thanks, I managed to edit out the 1st level requirement from my original posting.

Thunder999
2018-11-05, 05:39 PM
Well dark chaos shuffle/embrace the dark chaos are both 8th level wizard spells, so can be duplicated by wish, so there's always Pazuzu.

Rebel7284
2018-11-05, 06:06 PM
What exactly are you looking to do? There isn't a way to directly make that trade, but there is an ACF that allows you to trade scribe scroll for a bonus fighter feat. Also, moderate taint and worshipping an elder evil both give you bonus feats, but for a pretty high RP cost. Also, you can check out the optional system of Flaws.

thorr-kan
2018-11-09, 05:49 PM
What exactly are you looking to do? There isn't a way to directly make that trade, but there is an ACF that allows you to trade scribe scroll for a bonus fighter feat. Also, moderate taint and worshipping an elder evil both give you bonus feats, but for a pretty high RP cost. Also, you can check out the optional system of Flaws.
Exactly what it says: trade Scribe Scroll for Spell Focus.

Elder Evils requires it to be a Vile feat.

Never noticed the taint bonus feats from Heroes of Horror though. That's new to me. Thanks.