PDA

View Full Version : Tenser's Greater Steed

suplee215
2018-11-06, 05:45 PM
Basically just double checking certain rules. While I understand as a DM I am ultimately allowed to rule whatever I want I more just want to see if I am understanding this correctly. Does the spells Greater Find Steed and Tenser's Transformation work the way I think? Basically will it create a steed who can attack twice, get 50 temp hp, advantage on attack rolls, proficiency in strength and con saves and an extra 2d12 damage?

My biggest concern is with the wordings in Tenser's transformation about the attacks.

"You have advantage on attack rolls you make with simple and martial weappns". Does an unarmed strike or whatever the beast have count as a simple or martial weapon?

"When you hit a target with a weapon attack, that targets take an extra 2d12". Again is a beast's attack a weapon attack? I can see the ruling being different than other as ot lacks simple and martial.

Sorry if this question is either stupid or have been asked billion of times

thoroughlyS
2018-11-06, 05:50 PM
"You have advantage on attack rolls you make with simple and martial weappns". Does an unarmed strike or whatever the beast have count as a simple or martial weapon?
Natural weapons are not simple or martial, and the steed wouldn't get advantage.

"When you hit a target with a weapon attack, that targets take an extra 2d12". Again is a beast's attack a weapon attack? I can see the ruling being different than other as ot lacks simple and martial.
However, attacks made with natural weapons and unarmed strikes are weapon attacks, so the steed would get to add the additional damage.

suplee215
2018-11-06, 05:53 PM
Natural weapons are not simple or martial, and the steed wouldn't get advantage.

However, attacks made with natural weapons and unarmed strikes are weapon attacks, so the steed would get to add the additional damage.

Thank you.

MaxWilson
2018-11-06, 06:04 PM

Unless it is somehow able to make use of its weapon proficiencies from Tenser's. :) Warhorse with a dagger strapped to its hooves maybe?

Damon_Tor
2018-11-06, 06:10 PM
Unless it is somehow able to make use of its weapon proficiencies from Tenser's. :) Warhorse with a dagger strapped to its hooves maybe?

True polymorph it into something with hands.

suplee215
2018-11-06, 06:12 PM

I considered that not one level too much for suspension of disbelief for me. I know pointless line

MaxWilson
2018-11-06, 06:13 PM
I considered that not one level too much for suspension of disbelief for me. I know pointless line

Oh, sorry, I should have used blue text. Wasn't serious.

suplee215
2018-11-06, 06:18 PM
Oh, sorry, I should have used blue text. Wasn't serious.
Fair. Just something I seriously considered. Hell it is called a transformation so what if the spell makes the creature more humanoid. Goddamn bard's magical secrets making complicated combos possible

Kaliayev
2018-11-06, 07:35 PM

Put a greatsword in its mouth.

clash
2018-11-06, 07:38 PM
Put a greatsword in its mouth.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=tangled+horse+sword+fight&client=ms-android-bell-ca&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl1MefhcHeAhUs64MKHX2iCAgQ_AUIEigB#imgr c=XcZFZbtO2sl4JM

danpit2991
2018-11-07, 12:25 AM
for the lulz

ITEM: horseshoes of smashing

these are a a set of perfectly normal horseshoes with the following properties

when worn by a equine mammal, whether natural or summoned they are considered a simple weapon, the equipped creature gains proficiency with these while wearing them