PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Value these bonus-abilities

Gnaritas
2018-11-07, 01:02 PM
In my upcoming campaign players will be making a E6 character (level 6), and one of them (the others will get different bonuses) will be able to pick three of the abilities below.
The value of these abilities should be in the range of 1.5 to 2 feats worth, because the player gets to pick them, you can assume that the ability works well for them. For example, one can assume that the player does not take AC bonus as monk, if he is going to be a Fighter 6.

You cannot pick an ability that you already have:

- Animal Companion (as 6th level Druid)
- Shapeshift (as 4th level Druid, PHB II ability, so just the Wolf-like shift ability)
- Improved Familiar (as 7th level Sorcerer)
- Rage 2/day (as 6th level Barbarian)
- AC bonus (as 6th level Monk)
- Speed bonus (as 6th level Monk)
- Favored Enemy (as 6th level Ranger)
- Turn Undead (as 6th level Cleric)
- Lay on Hands + Detect Evil + Remove Disease (as a 6th level Paladin)
- Bardic Music/Inspire Courage (as Bard) I never played a Bard, i need to readup on this.
- Sneak Attack +2d6 (too much? 1d6 seems too little)
- Trapfinding + Search as Class Skill + Uncanny Dodge + Evasion
- Least invocation (this one is too strong for sure.....)

My question is, are these within the 1.5-2.0 feat worth range? Which are not?
Alternatively, i could go with him picking 2 of the abilities, in that case they need to be stronger and valued at about 2.5-3 feats worth.

- Animal Companion + Wild Empathy + Woodland Stride (as 6th level Druid)
- Shapeshift (PHB II, as 6th level Druid, Wolf-like and Eagle-like shift ability)
- AC and Speed bonus (as 6th level Monk)
- DR 1/- and Rage 2/day
- Favored Enemy (only one) + Normal and Improved Combat Style
- Turn Undead + Lay on Hands + Detect Evil + Remove Disease (as a 6th level Paladin)
- Bardic Music/Inspire Courage (as Bard) I never played a Bard, i need to readup on this.
- Sneak Attack +2d6
- Trapfinding + Search as class-skill + Improved Uncanny Dodge + Improved Evasion
- Least invocation

Also, if you happen to have more similar ideas, they are welcome...