View Full Version : multi-elemental spells..

animewatcha
2018-11-07, 08:27 PM
Is there a list of spells that can deal different elements of damage based on upon choice? Like Elemental Dart.

This can be from online archive, WOTC books, or Dragon magazine.

I am not wanting class abilities that can allow this like Force missile mage. Just spells.

Thurbane
2018-11-08, 05:46 PM
Not really having a lot of luck with my searching...

Channel the Dragon (DM) allows a fire or cold breath weapon, among other options.
Fire Shield can have cold or hot versions.
Prismatic Mist (PHB2) can inflict fire, acid or electricity damage.
Storm of Fire and Ice (CM) inflicts cold and fire damage.

...I'm pretty sure there's more out there.

Nifft
2018-11-08, 05:51 PM
Glorious Master of the Elements (Dragon Magic) gives you 5 rounds of energy choices (or more if you Persist it).

(Greater) Shadow (Conjur|Evoc)ation (SRD) gives you a lot of choices, including some with each damage type.

Weapon of Energy (SpC) gives a weapon extra damage of your choice.

Ruethgar
2018-11-08, 06:17 PM
Kaupaer's Quickblast, there was another that was more damage and standard action but I can’t recall what it was atm. It was still weak af.

Menzath
2018-11-08, 06:30 PM
Dragon breath(SpC) for fire, acid, cold, electricity, sleep, and paralysis breaths.

And while not a spell, the metamagic feats energy substitution, energy admixture, and born of three thunders all change or add a different element damage.

And can't forget the prismatic line, Ray(SpC), mist(ph2), eye(SpC), aura(CMag),bow(CMag),Deluge(CMag), and the Ph ones spray wall and sphere.

Thurbane
2018-11-08, 08:33 PM
There's one that is a cone or beam, that inflicts all five types of elemental damage at once. I thought it was in Complete Mage, but I can't find it now...

Kaupaer's Quickblast, there was another that was more damage and standard action but I can’t recall what it was atm. It was still weak af.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050112a

...cold, electricity or fire, up to 5 points max. Fairly weak, but it's a free/immediate action to cast.

Found some more:

Divine Retribution (CC):acid, cold, fire, electricity or sonic, depending on the deity.
Energy Spheres (SC): acid, cold, fire, electricity or sonic (one type per sphere).
Energy Surge (PHB2): acid, cold, electricity, fire or sonic.
Energy Vortex (SC): acid, cold, electricity or fire.
Glyph of Warding (blast glyph): acid, cold, fire, electricity or sonic.

Bronk
2018-11-08, 08:37 PM
Boccob's Rolling Cloud, Dragon 338, 1d6 damage per level, but 1/4 is electricity, 1/4 is fire, 1/4 is damaging positive energy, 1/4 negative energy, plus dazed.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-11-08, 09:01 PM
All of the energy powers from the XPH. Energy Substitution and Energy Admixture allow you to customize your energy-based spells as you like.