PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Question about staffs and casting modifiers

sithlordnergal
2018-11-08, 12:06 AM
So, I have a character that has recently stumbled upon a Staff of Power. Said character is a Paladin/Sorcerer/Druid, and has focused more on their Druid spells then the Sorcerer side of things. As such her wisdom modifier is higher then my Charisma, and the spell DC for her Druid spells is much higher then her Sorcerer spells.

The Staff of Power requires one to be Sorcerer, Warlock, or Wizard to attune to it, and when you do you gain a bunch of spells that use your Spell DC and a +2 bonus to your Spell DC. However, it does not specify which DCs get the boost.

So, do I get to add the +2 to Spell DCs to my Druid and Paladin spells? Or just my Sorcerer spells?

jiriku
2018-11-08, 12:27 AM
I originally misread it that way too, but the staff of power does not increase your Spell DC's.

Staff of Power
Staff, very rare (requires attunement by a sorcerer, warlock, or wizard)

This staff can be wielded as a magic quarterstaff that grants a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. While holding it, you gain a +2 bonus to Armor Class, saving throws, and spell attack rolls.

Galithar
2018-11-08, 12:41 AM
It would increase the attack rolls of all your spells though. It doesn't specify your 'Wizard spell attacks' or anything like that. So it could affect a druid spell attack, but not a Druids spell DC

sithlordnergal
2018-11-08, 12:50 AM
Huh, you guys are right, I did misread that. Still, +2 to spell attack is pretty good so I'm not complaining. I'm just happy it effects my Druid spells X3