PDA

View Full Version : Card Boss Monster Card Game Thread #3

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-08, 12:20 PM
I'm making a new Boss Monster Card Game Thread. Since I don't want to risk my second Boss Monster Card Game Thread for a thread necromancy. So anyway I got the Boss Monster Card Game #3 Rise of the Minibosses and the game is good. Not perfect because a few problems that they didn't include such as the Explorer mini-bosses and bosses. Also they didn't include any items at all which was also disappointing. But nevertheless this fits perfectly for all my other Boss Monster Card Game Collections. :smile:

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-26, 08:02 AM
I saw it.
Why don't you go for the online to have this game?

I got all six Boss Monster 6 sets already.

theMycon
2018-11-27, 01:28 PM
I've played a few games using the first two sets, and I don't think this technically qualifies as a game. It's lacking the same thing that Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, and War are lacking- player agency.

Once the cards are shuffled, it's usually all deterministic. There's about a 1-in-3 chance any player will get to make a decision during a "game".

Most rounds boil down to "play the one card the rules say you have to, or sit because you aren't able to play any cards, then follow the rules for the hero actions". I've seen one situation where a magic item that was on the board could've affected something; unfortunately a hero still had it.

It's funny and thematic and I guess it could be good if it were playable, but you don't play the game. You watch the cards.

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-28, 10:47 AM
I've played a few games using the first two sets, and I don't think this technically qualifies as a game. It's lacking the same thing that Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, and War are lacking- player agency.

Once the cards are shuffled, it's usually all deterministic. There's about a 1-in-3 chance any player will get to make a decision during a "game".

Most rounds boil down to "play the one card the rules say you have to, or sit because you aren't able to play any cards, then follow the rules for the hero actions". I've seen one situation where a magic item that was on the board could've affected something; unfortunately a hero still had it.

It's funny and thematic and I guess it could be good if it were playable, but you don't play the game. You watch the cards.
I find the game playable but that's my opinion. :smile:

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-30, 01:36 AM
Does anybody know any good combos to gain souls and wounds?

Bartmanhomer
2018-12-16, 04:58 PM
I think the coins make wonderful mechanics for the Boss Monster Card Game.