PDA

View Full Version : Playing A Popular Cartoon Character in D&D 3.5

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-08, 12:25 PM
Hey everybody. I've been playing D&D 3.5 for quite a while now and I'm thinking of playing a popular cartoon character that I really want to play. That character I'm talking about is Homer Simpson, A Chaotic Good Male Human Barbarian. I always wanted to roleplay Homer Simpson because he's my favorite character from The Simpsons. So what's your thoughts and opinions for me playing my all time iconic cartoon character?

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-11-08, 12:29 PM
He's CN, at best, verging into Evil. He's not self-sacrificing unless pushed into it, and what Good person abuses his children like he does? I mean, he's frequently seen outright strangling his own son.

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-08, 12:33 PM
He's CN, at best, verging into Evil. He's not self-sacrificing unless pushed into it, and what Good person abuses his children like he does? I mean, he's frequently seen outright strangling his own son.

I forgot about that part. :sigh:

Malphegor
2018-11-08, 12:37 PM
He seems to luck into succeeding at things though, so maybe a homebrew feat to exchange Rages for temporary skill bonuses?

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-11-08, 12:40 PM
Watch some Homer-centric playthroughs of the old Simpsons Arcade Game (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=simpsons+arcade+game) to see what fits. Looks like he's got Improved Unarmed Strike, at least. Perhaps chaos monk/barbarian/drunken master?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-11-08, 12:46 PM
Combine Cobra-Strike (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cobraStrike) Chaos Monk 2 (Dragon 335 p89) and Bear Totem (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#bearTotemClassFeatures ) Barbarian 3 to take Drunken Master (CW).

Edit: Also, make him a Half-Ogre from Races of Destiny.

Particle_Man
2018-11-08, 04:49 PM
He seems to luck into succeeding at things though, so maybe a homebrew feat to exchange Rages for temporary skill bonuses?

3.5 Also has a whole series of luck feats that might be useful.

I guess Homer's Int and Wis scores would be tanked.

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-20, 08:23 PM
I guess I can do that.

DwarvenWarCorgi
2018-11-20, 11:29 PM
3.5 Also has a whole series of luck feats that might be useful.

I guess Homer's Int and Wis scores would be tanked.

Int def tanked. Wis not so much, he had many moments of deep emotional intelligence and lots of creative (if shoddily constructed) gadgets over the years.

Definitely some kind of divine intervention luck thing going on.

O
Oo

I just realized . Homer is an ape totem bardbarian/drunken master.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-11-21, 04:43 PM
Int def tanked. Wis not so much, he had many moments of deep emotional intelligence and lots of creative (if shoddily constructed) gadgets over the years.

Definitely some kind of divine intervention luck thing going on.

O
Oo

I just realized . Homer is an ape totem bardbarian/drunken master.Bald anthro-ape?

DwarvenWarCorgi
2018-11-22, 12:43 AM
Yes. But he needs to grow luxurious locks whenever he uses bardic music, and tear them out the next time he rages.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-11-22, 12:51 AM
Next up: Homer Simpson vs Greg Universe. Death Battle Mental Health Battle! FIGHT!